this is by far the best and most customizable bedside app. Coming from a blackberry, this was a key app for me to find. I tried a bunch of different ones but none compare to this! Hope this helps some people looking for a good night time clock app!

Bedside (Night Clock)

From the Market description:
    Bedside is a very dimmed customizable night clock. You can change the colors of the letters/icons, as well as the background. You can even let it use your own wallpaper if you'd like.

The biggest feature of Bedside is the so-called "Bedside Mode". While in Bedside mode, a service will be started that will switch your phone to silent mode, and it will monitor for calls and text messages to allow them to ring through. You can configure a whitelist of callers, and there's even a separated list for text messages.

It includes a built-in screensaver mode that will remove everything from the screen and leave it completely black, and re-enable everything again once you touch or move your phone. This way, your screen won't have burn-in issues, and you can see the time quickly at night without having to lock/unlock your phone everytime.

Also features the ability to use the Text-to-Speech engine in your phone. Enable it in the preferences and Bedside will speak the time anytime you long-press on the screen while Bedside is open.

Bedside can be automatically started everytime you charge or dock your phone.

It does not include a built-in alarm. Use the alarm application that came with your phone or a 3rd party alarm application from the market. You can make Bedside link to any application when you click the icons shortcuts on the main clock display for the first time.
    gregski likes this.
    11-23-2011 12:19 PM
    Love this app! Use it every night. Thank you.
    11-25-2011 11:00 AM
    I see some SGS2 users are complaining about a few issues with this app... I would like to see more SGS2-related feedback here or in the Market before getting it... bedside mode is on of my favorite Berry features.
    11-25-2011 05:01 PM
    This is good but I like the clock on Kaloer Clock more. These apps were indispensable on Berry so I'm happy to see them on Android.
    11-26-2011 06:13 AM
    This is good but I like the clock on Kaloer Clock more. These apps were indispensable on Berry so I'm happy to see them on Android.
    Did you check out the Bedside app? I downloaded the Kaoler app to compare and it doesnt have near the amount of features. It wants you to buy the 'Powerpack' to unlock half of the features. I dont care for that...
    12-28-2011 10:49 AM
    I bought both but the Kaloer clock has alarms built in. That was the clincher for me.
    12-28-2011 12:47 PM