Found this app, works pretty well. It is what it sounds like...an answer to Siri (there are others in the market as well). Needs a little refining but works well overall, especially since it's free.

https://market.android.com/details?id=andy.xml
    12-02-2011 08:48 PM
    it won't let me download it. do you know where i can get it as an .APK
    12-11-2011 12:17 PM
    There are many options alternative siri for android phone. I found an article that talks about it and there is a link to download as well.

Please see here Siri For Android

Hope can help.
    Cheer's
    12-11-2011 12:23 PM
    I found speaktoit works better for me. Nice to have options though.
    12-11-2011 04:16 PM
    I'm watching all the competing apps work out their various offerings. I've tried a couple. I have settled on SpeakToIt for the moment. It seems to have pulled ahead of the pack a bit but I'm hoping the development continues at a steady pace. A bit more functionality and another coat of polish and I'd shell out a few bucks for it.
    12-11-2011 07:53 PM
    I know everyone's crazed about trying to find something similar to siri, but i'm still not sold on the voice activation gimmick yet. Does anyone remember when bluetooth first came out? I'm pretty confident I wasn't the only one who was freaked out seeing people walking around and looking like they were talking the themselves.

I've tried out some of the voice activated apps, but I think there are plenty of "assistant" apps that do the job well without voice activation. I can't be the only one who think's you'd look kinda dumb sitting on a bus and asking your phone to do random things.

My favorite "assistant" app so far has been something called Everfriends. It does pretty much everything an assistant app can do, but it actually has some personality to it by giving you characters that do stuff like tell you joke and find stuff for you. It's free, so in case you are interested here is a link to the android marketplace:

https://market.android.com/details?i...rfriends&hl=en
    12-13-2011 02:23 PM
    Omega is the best Siri Alternative.
    12-14-2011 09:50 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD