Good app for printing over Wifi?

Kelemvor33

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
Howdy,

I've seen a few articles about printing but wanted to get some more of that data in one nice thread.

We're looking to get my wife's dad changed over from his laptop, which he rarely uses, to a tablet which he could use ore often. However he does have the need to print things now and then.

It would mainly be for emails and whatever he views at ScotTrade is all I can think of he'd need to print. Possibly a document or something if he needed to type something.

He has an new HP M1212nf laser printer.

Just looking for whatever options are out there for printing. Preferably something that's free which is obviously a bonus.

He can always email things to himself and use the laptop, but if it's easy enough to print from the tablet, then all the better.

Thanks!

Rav3nCroft

May 12, 2011
Visit site
I use PrinterShare and it works great. It's not free but I was lucky enough to get the premium version via the "free app of the day" on Amazon Appstore.

Sent from my Thunderbolt using Tapatalk

Rav3nCroft

May 12, 2011
Visit site
I thought everyone woke up and checked Amazon Appstore before doing anything else.

Mordac

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
HP sPrint, home & biz version.
It'll let him print to a local-network printer without having to send the data up to the cloud. Free.

-M

Kelemvor33

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
I checked out the HP thing and it looks like it only works with newer printers that support ePrint. I believe his new printer does but my old Laserjet 3330 mfp does not. I'll try his HP tonight we we go set it up and see what happens.

dra

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I use PrinterShare and it works great. It's not free but I was lucky enough to get the premium version via the "free app of the day" on Amazon Appstore.

I have to agree I have been using this app also since the free app of the day. Works great for my needs.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance