Wondered if anyone else had had this problem. Lookout (Anti-virus program with Backup feature) instead of backing up my contacts deleted them. Thank goodness I could sync from Google, but all my additions/corrections over the last couple of months are gone.
    05-24-2010 02:45 PM
    AV on a smart phone is useless, a joke, and capable of doing more damage than good.
    05-24-2010 03:11 PM
    especially one called "lookout" it sounds like more of a warning then anything helpful.
    05-24-2010 03:33 PM
    It will erase all the juice in your battery too...lol

Sent from my Eris using Tapatalk
    05-24-2010 05:46 PM
    I love Lookout. I've never had a problem.
    05-24-2010 11:43 PM
    I love Lookout. I've never had a problem.
    Exactly why you don't need any anti-virus.
    05-25-2010 12:01 AM
    Wondered if anyone else had had this problem. Lookout (Anti-virus program with Backup feature) instead of backing up my contacts deleted them. Thank goodness I could sync from Google, but all my additions/corrections over the last couple of months are gone.
    AV on a smart phone is useless, a joke, and capable of doing more damage than good.
    Exactly why you don't need any anti-virus.
    05-25-2010 10:25 AM
    I had that problem when I accidently restored the 5/20 file lookout created after I first loaded 2.1 on my Hero. Thankfully I had backed up in LO prior to upgrading ROMs and I just re-restored my contacts from THAT restore point (same date, different time)...

Aside from my own iD10t error, I've never had a problem with LO...
    05-25-2010 11:18 AM
    I lol'd.

It's all part of our grand scheme to infect your phone with viruses and then turn on it's internal FM radio to teleport it to us via radio waves.
    05-25-2010 11:28 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD