Flight Tracking

springsyeti

Mar 30, 2010
Visit site
Anyone rec flight itinerary program. I have looked at several on appbrain. Is it worth the money to have integration w/ tripit? I am another pre-defector and loved flghtview. We do a bit of traveling and it is nice to get notificaitions about flight status and see where the plane is on a map. Especially when you are picking people up.

Any suggestions or views would be appreciated.

Raptor

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Yep, as much as I travel I also need a flight tracking app that's at least as good as FlightTrack Pro on the iPhone.

Brian

dwhitman

Mar 26, 2010
Visit site
Another Pre user about to be an Evo user. Obviously haven't tried it yet, but I'm liking the looks of Tripcase, also on Appbrain. Seems very similar to Tripit, but offers alternate flight info without an expensive subscription.

Jared DiPane

Feb 7, 2010
www.twitter.com
I like to use Tripcase, it keeps me very well informed, and you can just forward them your itinerary and they will update it into your account for you automatically and update as the flight gets updated w/ gate information and more.

tdgobux

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
i loved flight track pro on the iphone, but haven't paid for one yet on the android - i'd also like to - it seems to get tripit integration, you need to also pay an additional fee - how are the usability and ability to update the information on the android? are they stable?

lguy

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
I've always used flightstats.com. You just log on via the web to check flights, but they do have an Android app.

EvilMonkey

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
I use Flightview (the free version) which works pretty well for my purposes. I can put in all my flights to make a trip, view the flights on a map, get status notifications, etc. Seems to work well, but admittedly I haven't tried the others to compare.

I don't believe it syncs/integrates with Tripit though.

mman609

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Flightview just changed their permissions. As listed on the market and in their update information, they can now read sensitive log data. This allows the application "to read from the system's various log files. This allows it to discover general information about what you are doing with the device, potentially including personal or private information." I find this an unacceptable intrusion and have uninstalled the app. Note the flurry of 1 star reviews it is suddenly getting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze