12-11-2011 04:14 PM
50 12
tools
    My app just updated by itself while I was reading the comments just now. I rarely use the app since the mobile version is so much better. And i get all my notifications, so i hope the update dont mess that up for me.
    12-08-2011 07:39 PM
    How are there push notifications? All I see is the same old options to refresh at the usual intervals.
    12-08-2011 08:49 PM
    How are there push notifications? All I see is the same old options to refresh at the usual intervals.
    Don't work
    12-08-2011 08:56 PM
    While I don't doubt you I do see people claim that notifications are fine. I'm just confused how the developers can even claim that there are push notifications when the settings contradict that immediately.
    12-08-2011 09:33 PM
    While I don't doubt you I do see people claim that notifications are fine. I'm just confused how the developers can even claim that there are push notifications when the settings contradict that immediately.
    I'm confused by that myself since the only people on Android that have ever gotten push notifications have it happen from a previous blackberry. Not quite sure about these other reports, but it still seems to not work for the vast majority.
    12-08-2011 10:03 PM
    I'm confused by that myself since the only people on Android that have ever gotten push notifications have it happen from a previous blackberry. Not quite sure about these other reports, but it still seems to not work for the vast majority.
    I came from 2 blackberry phones and never got push notifications from facebook on android, only got them from the timed refresh. That drained my battery something fierce so I stopped that. I was pretty excited to see that this app finally had push notifications advertised, yet got to the settings screen and it was the same. Not sure why they can't get this right; the twitter app does it perfectly. Oh well....
    12-08-2011 11:10 PM
    I came from 2 blackberry phones and never got push notifications from facebook on android, only got them from the timed refresh. That drained my battery something fierce so I stopped that. I was pretty excited to see that this app finally had push notifications advertised, yet got to the settings screen and it was the same. Not sure why they can't get this right; the twitter app does it perfectly. Oh well....
    Yes, its extremely frustrating that Facebook can't seem to do something that should be extremely simple. I don't know, I remember reading a while back that signing in from a blackberry enabled push notifications. Don't remember the specifics though. I've just given up at this point.
    12-08-2011 11:35 PM
    On the new version I enabled notifications and set the refresh interval to never and that seems to have worked. Your results may vary, of course.
    12-08-2011 11:44 PM
    On the new version I enabled notifications and set the refresh interval to never and that seems to have worked. Your results may vary, of course.
    And you get notifications for posts and likes?
    12-08-2011 11:50 PM
    I used to get them, then they stopped. One thing I mes from my BB. I always had instant push notifications.

I have yet to update to the new FB app though.
    12-09-2011 12:00 AM
    Okay, put refresh to zero and still nothing.
    12-09-2011 01:21 AM
    I am gonna reinstall and test this. Seems like a total oxymoron. You want Push Notifications? Just set how often you want them to "Never" and it will work...
    12-09-2011 07:44 AM
    I don't even get them when the interval is checked. And they are def not push. What a massive fail...I have to rely on email. Isn't this just indicative of Android though? Half-assed everything...sigh
    12-09-2011 08:17 AM
    I am gonna reinstall and test this. Seems like a total oxymoron. You want Push Notifications? Just set how often you want them to "Never" and it will work...
    Nope. Still a no go for me. Kinda figured it would be that way. SMH!

Ah well. It is getting uninstalled once again until they can get things to actually work. I'm not holding my breath on that one though.
    12-09-2011 08:28 AM
    I think I understand what their idea of push notifications is. When I open the app up, the notification button already shows if I've received comments or likes. It seems to be getting it in the app, we just don't get something in the Android notification bar.
    12-09-2011 09:20 AM
    I think I understand what their idea of push notifications is. When I open the app up, the notification button already shows if I've received comments or likes. It seems to be getting it in the app, we just don't get something in the Android notification bar.
    And that is the whole premise behind Push Notifications. So you don't have to open an app to see if someone commented/posted on your wall, liked something, etc. You are supposed to get an instant (or close to) notification on your phone (whether a vibrate, sound, whatever) when there is something new there. That is what is not working.
    12-09-2011 09:38 AM
    And that is the whole premise behind Push Notifications. So you don't have to open an app to see if someone commented/posted on your wall, liked something, etc. You are supposed to get an instant (or close to) notification on your phone (whether a vibrate, sound, whatever) when there is something new there. That is what is not working.
    Yes, I know, that's why I said "their idea of push notification" The whole thing is ridiculous.
    12-09-2011 09:53 AM
    I only have a few friends. So I haven't gotten to test it on many things yet, but it tells me when my friends comment on my posts. That's about all that's happened so far. >.>
    12-09-2011 11:21 AM
    I only have a few friends. So I haven't gotten to test it on many things yet, but it tells me when my friends comment on my posts. That's about all that's happened so far. >.>
    What tells you? Do you get a notification in the android notification bar? Or are you saying you get a notification in the app?
    12-09-2011 12:06 PM
    In the notification bar, of course. >.>
    12-09-2011 03:28 PM
    In the notification bar, of course. >.>
    Just wanted to make sure. I was starting to wonder if the few that have notifications were referring to it in the app
    12-09-2011 03:35 PM
    No, although with the Facebook app in the past it's true you couldn't even count on accurate notifications in the app. :rolleyes:
    12-09-2011 06:21 PM
    No, although with the Facebook app in the past it's true you couldn't even count on accurate notifications in the app. :rolleyes:
    I'm noticing that to be true in the new app too
    12-09-2011 06:28 PM
    The last version had a way to choose the album you want to upload photos to, but now I don't see it?
    12-11-2011 02:50 PM
    I heard you can do it from within the app but not from your gallery. Haven't tried it yet though...
    12-11-2011 04:14 PM
50 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD