Facebook Update in Market Now!

zorak950

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
I like the new UI, but I'm more concerned about functionality. In-app notifications have always been screwy, and native Android notifications are completely broken. It's always nice to have a good UI, but if the app itself is broken I think that should be addressed first.

zorak950

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
There's an option to set the update interval to "never" now with notifications on; it's really unclear, but I'm guessing that's supposed to be how you set push notifications? Anyway, that's what I selected, so I guess I'll find out. :p

Super Turtleman

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
Notifications actually work now. You have to go into the app settings and turn them on. They are turned off to start with. You can choose ringer, led, notification bar, etc. Looks good to me!

Super Turtleman

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
There's an option to set the update interval to "never" now with notifications on; it's really unclear, but I'm guessing that's supposed to be how you set push notifications? Anyway, that's what I selected, so I guess I'll find out. :p

If you set the update interval to never, it'll never update & refresh itself (I think).

crzycrkr

May 30, 2010
Visit site
Notifications actually work now. You have to go into the app settings and turn them on. They are turned off to start with. You can choose ringer, led, notification bar, etc. Looks good to me!

What do you actually get notifications for? I still get the same exact notifications I always did, but nothing for posts

baseballfanz

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
Do you get notifications on new comments on other peoples posts you've commented on? I do t get notifications for any posts or likes at all.

yes i do get notifications for new comments on post I've commented on. I get the same the notifications my desktop would get

Kamen

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
Push Notifications are still bunked on my end. Facebook needs to take an extra second to explain what notifications they are referring to. Is it Full Notifications such as Comments, Wall Posts, Likes, etc. or the original ones like Messages, Friend Requests and Event Invites? And if it is Full what needs to be done to get them working? Looks like I am heading back to FriendCaster Pro until they can get things straightened out which may be never at this rate.

Note to Facebook: Stop adding in new buggy features and focus on fixing the ones that are already there that are buggy. Your current method is just creating more problems and more work for you guys.

Reactions: crzycrkr

crzycrkr

May 30, 2010
Visit site
Push Notifications are still bunked on my end. Facebook needs to take an extra second to explain what notifications they are referring to. Is it Full Notifications such as Comments, Wall Posts, Likes, etc. or the original ones like Messages, Friend Requests and Event Invites? And if it is Full what needs to be done to get them working? Looks like I am heading back to FriendCaster Pro until they can get things straightened out which may be never at this rate.

Note to Facebook: Stop adding in new buggy features and focus on fixing the ones that are already there that are buggy. Your current method is just creating more problems and more work for you guys.

Does Friendcaster Pro get all posts now? When last I used it, I wasn't receiving some friends posts because their security was too tight

Kamen

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
Does Friendcaster Pro get all posts now? When last I used it, I wasn't receiving some friends posts because their security was too tight

As far as I can tell yes. Although it does provide proper Push Notifications for Facebook it still has it's issues. Especially the free version. My wife uses it and gets multiple errors daily with it. My Pro version gets errors twice a week maybe a little more.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1