Facebook Update in Market Now!

Kamen

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
It's absolutely unacceptable that notifications still arn't fully functioning. I kinda think this sort of thing wouldn't be acceptable on iOS...

And you are right. As soon as someone complains about it the developers would be all over it making sure it got fixed properly. Cause God forbid we upset the all mighty Apple.

Last edited:
Reactions: crzycrkr

crzycrkr

May 30, 2010
Visit site
Just uninstall and reinstall. When I had notification problems that fixed it.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

Nope, still don't get any notifications in regards to posts or likes. Odd that you get them considering this has been a problem on Android forever.

Kamen

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
The thing that has always irked me is that under the Settings for the app on your phone you have General Settings, Notification Settings and Other Settings, but there is nothing under Other Settings. What gives? Is this like Bed Bath and Beyond where no one knows what the crap the Beyond is for?

It is just sad that a company as big as Facebook that has been around from some time now cannot get something as simple as Push Notifications to work properly, but you have Google+ that hasn't even been publicly out for half a year now and they had them working on their Beta versions of their app for those who had Invites. Also you got rinky-dink third party companies who create Facebook apps that obviously know how to get it work. Hey Zuck why don't you hire on some of these Developers who know what they are doing to finally get your program to work?

Reactions: crzycrkr

crzycrkr

May 30, 2010
Visit site
The thing that has always irked me is that under the Settings for the app on your phone you have General Settings, Notification Settings and Other Settings, but there is nothing under Other Settings. What gives? Is this like Bed Bath and Beyond where no one knows what the crap the Beyond is for?

It is just sad that a company as big as Facebook that has been around from some time now cannot get something as simple as Push Notifications to work properly, but you have Google+ that hasn't even been publicly out for half a year now and they had them working on their Beta versions of their app for those who had Invites. Also you got rinky-dink third party companies who create Facebook apps that obviously know how to get it work. Hey Zuck why don't you hire on some of these Developers who know what they are doing to finally get your program to work?

I just wish they would buy Friendcaster and merge the two

lilme08

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
My app just updated by itself while I was reading the comments just now. I rarely use the app since the mobile version is so much better. And i get all my notifications, so i hope the update dont mess that up for me.

kevinwska

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
While I don't doubt you I do see people claim that notifications are fine. I'm just confused how the developers can even claim that there are push notifications when the settings contradict that immediately.

crzycrkr

May 30, 2010
Visit site
While I don't doubt you I do see people claim that notifications are fine. I'm just confused how the developers can even claim that there are push notifications when the settings contradict that immediately.

I'm confused by that myself since the only people on Android that have ever gotten push notifications have it happen from a previous blackberry. Not quite sure about these other reports, but it still seems to not work for the vast majority.

kevinwska

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
I'm confused by that myself since the only people on Android that have ever gotten push notifications have it happen from a previous blackberry. Not quite sure about these other reports, but it still seems to not work for the vast majority.

I came from 2 blackberry phones and never got push notifications from facebook on android, only got them from the timed refresh. That drained my battery something fierce so I stopped that. I was pretty excited to see that this app finally had push notifications advertised, yet got to the settings screen and it was the same. Not sure why they can't get this right; the twitter app does it perfectly. Oh well....

crzycrkr

May 30, 2010
Visit site
I came from 2 blackberry phones and never got push notifications from facebook on android, only got them from the timed refresh. That drained my battery something fierce so I stopped that. I was pretty excited to see that this app finally had push notifications advertised, yet got to the settings screen and it was the same. Not sure why they can't get this right; the twitter app does it perfectly. Oh well....

Yes, its extremely frustrating that Facebook can't seem to do something that should be extremely simple. I don't know, I remember reading a while back that signing in from a blackberry enabled push notifications. Don't remember the specifics though. I've just given up at this point.

zorak950

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
On the new version I enabled notifications and set the refresh interval to never and that seems to have worked. Your results may vary, of course.

JesseMT4G

Aug 7, 2011
Visit site
I used to get them, then they stopped. One thing I mes from my BB. I always had instant push notifications.

I have yet to update to the new FB app though.

Kamen

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
On the new version I enabled notifications and set the refresh interval to never and that seems to have worked. Your results may vary, of course.

I am gonna reinstall and test this. Seems like a total oxymoron. You want Push Notifications? Just set how often you want them to "Never" and it will work...

VickMackey#AC

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
I don't even get them when the interval is checked. And they are def not push. What a massive fail...I have to rely on email. Isn't this just indicative of Android though? Half-assed everything...sigh

Kamen

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
I am gonna reinstall and test this. Seems like a total oxymoron. You want Push Notifications? Just set how often you want them to "Never" and it will work...

Nope. Still a no go for me. Kinda figured it would be that way. SMH!

Ah well. It is getting uninstalled once again until they can get things to actually work. I'm not holding my breath on that one though.

crzycrkr

May 30, 2010
Visit site
I think I understand what their idea of push notifications is. When I open the app up, the notification button already shows if I've received comments or likes. It seems to be getting it in the app, we just don't get something in the Android notification bar.