12-11-2011 04:14 PM
50 12
tools
    Bring on the iphone port!

12-07-2011 08:55 PM
    I really hope it is better than before!
    12-07-2011 08:59 PM
    I really like the new UI. It says that it now has full push notifications, does anyone see that happening?
    12-07-2011 10:30 PM
    I like the new UI, but I'm more concerned about functionality. In-app notifications have always been screwy, and native Android notifications are completely broken. It's always nice to have a good UI, but if the app itself is broken I think that should be addressed first.
    12-07-2011 10:31 PM
    I really like the new UI. It says that it now has full push notifications, does anyone see that happening?
    I hope

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk
    12-07-2011 10:44 PM
    Its much better than it was. Notifications still borked
    12-07-2011 10:46 PM
    wow, first time an update actually showed improvements.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk
    12-07-2011 11:00 PM
    There's an option to set the update interval to "never" now with notifications on; it's really unclear, but I'm guessing that's supposed to be how you set push notifications? Anyway, that's what I selected, so I guess I'll find out. :P
    12-07-2011 11:46 PM
    Notifications actually work now. You have to go into the app settings and turn them on. They are turned off to start with. You can choose ringer, led, notification bar, etc. Looks good to me!
    12-08-2011 03:44 AM
    There's an option to set the update interval to "never" now with notifications on; it's really unclear, but I'm guessing that's supposed to be how you set push notifications? Anyway, that's what I selected, so I guess I'll find out. :P
    If you set the update interval to never, it'll never update & refresh itself (I think).
    12-08-2011 03:46 AM
    Notifications actually work now. You have to go into the app settings and turn them on. They are turned off to start with. You can choose ringer, led, notification bar, etc. Looks good to me!
    What do you actually get notifications for? I still get the same exact notifications I always did, but nothing for posts
    12-08-2011 06:10 AM
    I get notifications for someone commenting or liking my posts and pokes as well as the normal friend requests, messages, etc.
    12-08-2011 07:23 AM
    I get notifications for someone commenting or liking my posts and pokes as well as the normal friend requests, messages, etc.
    Do you get notifications on new comments on other peoples posts you've commented on? I do t get notifications for any posts or likes at all.
    12-08-2011 07:33 AM
    Do you get notifications on new comments on other peoples posts you've commented on? I do t get notifications for any posts or likes at all.
    yes i do get notifications for new comments on post I've commented on. I get the same the notifications my desktop would get
    12-08-2011 08:25 AM
    Push Notifications are still bunked on my end. Facebook needs to take an extra second to explain what notifications they are referring to. Is it Full Notifications such as Comments, Wall Posts, Likes, etc. or the original ones like Messages, Friend Requests and Event Invites? And if it is Full what needs to be done to get them working? Looks like I am heading back to FriendCaster Pro until they can get things straightened out which may be never at this rate.

Note to Facebook: Stop adding in new buggy features and focus on fixing the ones that are already there that are buggy. Your current method is just creating more problems and more work for you guys.
    crzycrkr likes this.
    12-08-2011 09:17 AM
    yes i do get notifications for new comments on post I've commented on. I get the same the notifications my desktop would get
    Did you even use a blackberry? That's the only way I've ever heard of to get those notifications
    12-08-2011 09:54 AM
    Push Notifications are still bunked on my end. Facebook needs to take an extra second to explain what notifications they are referring to. Is it Full Notifications such as Comments, Wall Posts, Likes, etc. or the original ones like Messages, Friend Requests and Event Invites? And if it is Full what needs to be done to get them working? Looks like I am heading back to FriendCaster Pro until they can get things straightened out which may be never at this rate.

Note to Facebook: Stop adding in new buggy features and focus on fixing the ones that are already there that are buggy. Your current method is just creating more problems and more work for you guys.
    Does Friendcaster Pro get all posts now? When last I used it, I wasn't receiving some friends posts because their security was too tight
    12-08-2011 09:55 AM
    Did you even use a blackberry? That's the only way I've ever heard of to get those notifications
    I never used a BB with my current account and my notifications are working properly. They were not working BEFORE the update, so for me it solved the issues I had.
    12-08-2011 10:24 AM
    Does Friendcaster Pro get all posts now? When last I used it, I wasn't receiving some friends posts because their security was too tight
    As far as I can tell yes. Although it does provide proper Push Notifications for Facebook it still has it's issues. Especially the free version. My wife uses it and gets multiple errors daily with it. My Pro version gets errors twice a week maybe a little more.
    12-08-2011 10:52 AM
    It's absolutely unacceptable that notifications still arn't fully functioning. I kinda think this sort of thing wouldn't be acceptable on iOS...
    crzycrkr likes this.
    12-08-2011 11:09 AM
    It's absolutely unacceptable that notifications still arn't fully functioning. I kinda think this sort of thing wouldn't be acceptable on iOS...
    And you are right. As soon as someone complains about it the developers would be all over it making sure it got fixed properly. Cause God forbid we upset the all mighty Apple.
    crzycrkr likes this.
    12-08-2011 11:54 AM
    Just uninstall and reinstall. When I had notification problems that fixed it.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk
    12-08-2011 11:58 AM
    Just uninstall and reinstall. When I had notification problems that fixed it.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk
    Nope, still don't get any notifications in regards to posts or likes. Odd that you get them considering this has been a problem on Android forever.
    12-08-2011 12:51 PM
    The thing that has always irked me is that under the Settings for the app on your phone you have General Settings, Notification Settings and Other Settings, but there is nothing under Other Settings. What gives? Is this like Bed Bath and Beyond where no one knows what the crap the Beyond is for?

It is just sad that a company as big as Facebook that has been around from some time now cannot get something as simple as Push Notifications to work properly, but you have Google+ that hasn't even been publicly out for half a year now and they had them working on their Beta versions of their app for those who had Invites. Also you got rinky-dink third party companies who create Facebook apps that obviously know how to get it work. Hey Zuck why don't you hire on some of these Developers who know what they are doing to finally get your program to work?
    crzycrkr likes this.
    12-08-2011 02:01 PM
    The thing that has always irked me is that under the Settings for the app on your phone you have General Settings, Notification Settings and Other Settings, but there is nothing under Other Settings. What gives? Is this like Bed Bath and Beyond where no one knows what the crap the Beyond is for?

It is just sad that a company as big as Facebook that has been around from some time now cannot get something as simple as Push Notifications to work properly, but you have Google+ that hasn't even been publicly out for half a year now and they had them working on their Beta versions of their app for those who had Invites. Also you got rinky-dink third party companies who create Facebook apps that obviously know how to get it work. Hey Zuck why don't you hire on some of these Developers who know what they are doing to finally get your program to work?
    I just wish they would buy Friendcaster and merge the two
    12-08-2011 02:11 PM
50 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD