Image/Photo resize app???

Argent

Mar 12, 2010
Visit site
Like cropping the photo? or just making the photo smaller?

Photoshop.com Mobile will crop

otherwise just turn down the resolution on your camera to take smaller pictures

cdf3

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Like cropping the photo? or just making the photo smaller?

Photoshop.com Mobile will crop

otherwise just turn down the resolution on your camera to take smaller pictures

For reducing the file size of photos that were originally taken with a higher resolution. On my BlackBerry I have an app called Shrink It. I'm able to create a copy of the original photo, and convert the new photo to a smaller size. Great for Emailing someone smaller sized photo quickly, while keeping the original high quality photo on my device. I hear that MMS does this automatically. Not sure about Email though.

nightfishing#AC

May 3, 2010
Visit site
One of those things that is odd that it isn'r built in to the pic viewer.

Handcent (or the built in app, I think) will reduce pics when sending via MMS.

I, too, would like a quick and dirty "save for web" type of app.

Last edited:

liquidmonkey

Apr 11, 2010
Visit site
i have PIC SAY PRO and it works pretty good.
when u start pic say pro, it asks u to get a pic at which point u can choose 3 different sizes.
on a pic of 2.1 MB pic, i get the following results,

normal - 74 KB
high - 122 KB
max - 300 KB

i would like to find an app that does a BATCH resize though as PIC SAY PRO does take some time.

roblee37

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
I use this app for resizing photos..it keeps the original and puts the re-sized photo in its own app folder..
Reduce Photo Size
by shoozhoo
50,000 downloads, 556 ratings (4.3 avg)
Free
rating9.png

d2w2b1990

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
woooooooow!

For reducing the file size of photos that were originally taken with a higher resolution. On my BlackBerry:mad: I have an app called Shrink It. I'm able to create a copy of the original photo, and convert the new photo to a smaller size. Great for Emailing someone smaller sized photo quickly, while keeping the original high quality photo on my device. I hear that MMS does this automatically. Not sure about Email though.

LOL Android Forums...NOT Whackberry forums
STONE HIM!!!!!!

*tries to pick up rock but rock is too heavey*

musthavemuzk

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
i have been using image shrink lite with success on my captivate with froyo.

just got to using full featured phone and noticed that handscent gave me option of resizing automatically.
i havehad a few threads lately about my situation of using captivate before transition to att from alltel. so been just a device. as of last night its full on active. so now to do more.
been waiting to steal card from my BB so i can do photoshop app as i think it needs/wants sd card

Monty

stanlm2

May 2, 2011
Visit site
There's a new app I made that makes an email-sized copy (800px long-edge) of each regular shot you taken, puts em in a separate folder on the sdcard..

It's geared towards being a photo emailer though, the point was trying to make that one task as easy as I could imagine..

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...id=com.stanlm.myeyestoyoureyes&token=RXMERyzY

If it's of interest to anyone to take a look at, constructive criticism appreciated..

David Kuchel

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
I think the best batch photo resizing app on Android is 'Resize MyPix'. It's definitely the best app that I've used for resizing multiple images and you can also easily edit one or more photos after resizing and before sharing or saving your photos to SD Card or cloud backup services that you have installed on your phone.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon