I haven't used Handcent in a couple weeks and I used to have a setting where it would show mobile contacts only when composing a new message but I can't see to find it now? Looks like they regrouped all the settings

Where would I find it now or don't tell me they removed it?
    05-26-2010 12:08 PM
    They did not remove it. Its still there. In settings, show mobile number only.
    05-26-2010 03:53 PM
    LOL I know it's in settings but where???
    05-26-2010 04:16 PM
    LOL I know it's in settings but where???
    I'm with you on this... where the heck did it go?

You know what else disapeared? -- The font settings for outgoing messages.

The recent update made the menus look sweet. But, for some reason I lost the ability to change the font on sent messages. I can only find the setting for recieved.
    05-26-2010 04:59 PM
    hakoreh - Under Social Network Settings there is a check box to show social network contacts. Maybe you need to uncheck it?

prometheus -
    Custom style > Bubble settings > Outgoing font
    You need to scroll down to see it. They are now alphabetical so Incoming and Outgoing aren't side by side any more.
    prometheus likes this.
    05-26-2010 05:15 PM
    hakoreh - Under Social Network Settings there is a check box to show social network contacts. Maybe you need to uncheck it?

prometheus -
    Custom style > Bubble settings > Outgoing font
    You need to scroll down to see it. They are now alphabetical so Incoming and Outgoing aren't side by side any more.
    ohhhhh, you had to scroll down (insert Homer Simpson "D'oh!" sound here).

thank you!
    05-26-2010 05:27 PM
    Thanks for pointing out that the setting had changed. I had no idea. It was such a pain changing them before.
    05-26-2010 05:56 PM
    Really, you didn't scroll down? Smh
    05-26-2010 09:37 PM
    nope that didnt work. anyone else? I looked through all the settings. by the way now they arranged all the settings in categories they should have a way to backup the settings to the SD card or somewhere so when someone reinstalls they don't have to go thru all the settings again.
    05-26-2010 09:53 PM
    Ok, what phone are you using? Cause I just saw a blur enabled device running handcent and the layout is a little different. If you're running stock Android it doesn't get any simpler than this:

Open Handcent app
    Hit menu button
    Tap settings
    Scroll down and you will see this

Edit: I take that back, after further investigation an update was released today that I didn't do and it seems that they did remove the feature. And from looking at the comments in the market a lot of other things were taken out too. Seems as though this update was for the worst. Hopefully you have all your apps backed up as I do. Rolling back rightttttttttt now!
    05-26-2010 10:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD