I was wondering if someone had the full version of Documents To Go on their Android phone.
    My question is, does it offer a spell-check feature when creating and editing Word documents? I saw a video of the new Documents To Go for iPhone, and it did not have a spell-check feature for Word. I couldn't find this as a feature for Android when I went to Documents To Go's website to look at the new features for 3.0
    The BlackBerry version has spell-check, but I wasn't sure if the Android offered this as well.
    05-26-2010 01:36 PM
    if it does, I have not found a way to use it.
    05-26-2010 02:48 PM
    The video review I saw on YouTube for the iPhone version didn't have it. I guess Android doesn't offer it either. It does for the BlackBerry version, however. Would be nice if they offered it for all platforms.
    05-26-2010 05:12 PM
    Does anyone know if Docs To Go has added a Spell Check feature?
    01-29-2011 09:24 PM
    I don't think it does.

I wonder if they offer a discount for those changing platforms? Doubt it though lol.
    01-30-2011 09:07 AM
    I don't think it does.

I wonder if they offer a discount for those changing platforms? Doubt it though lol.
    Last time I checked - DTG did have a sideways upgrade. I have it for the Palm and was interested in using DTG on the Nokia. I'd have to ask what versions of Office it saved to, though. I refuse to use MS Office. I have an older copy of WordPerfect, and will use Open Office.
    Z
    01-30-2011 09:19 AM
    I love open office.....

sometimes cells when not set up correctly in Excel, come in a bit whacky, but other than that our company has been using it for over a year.

I contacted Dataviz about sideways upgrading.
    01-30-2011 09:39 AM
    I don't think it does.

it's not listed in the manual anywhere. It is for the BlackBerry, but not Android & iPhone.
    So I'm going to assume that it doesn't.
    01-30-2011 10:22 AM
    That's great...

I'm now a happy user.
    01-30-2011 10:37 AM
    That's great...

I'm now a happy user.

????????????
    01-30-2011 10:50 AM
    no sideway upgrading....

Dear Anthony,

If you previously purchased software for a prior platform such as Palm OS unfortunately this software would not be transferrable to an Android powered device due to compatibility reasons, nor do we offer a cross platform discount. If you wanted compatible software on the Android platform this would require you purchasing a compatible application either from the Android Market or through our website. For more information please see the below link:
    Reinstall or Reactivate Software on a New Device

The software is currently on sale through our website and in the Android Market for $14.99 (typically $29.99)
    02-01-2011 09:36 AM
    Tony that was the same message they gave me when I asked because I used D2G on my BB. I have looked everywhere in the app and don't see any form of spell checking.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk
    tony bag o donuts likes this.
    02-01-2011 09:46 AM
    Yeah you would think after buying for three platforms, they would offer something...
    Makes me want to buy quickoffice.....
    02-01-2011 09:48 AM
    Does Quckoffice offer spell check?
    02-02-2011 02:46 AM
    I keep wondering about spell checkers as well, but one of the things I noticed is that I don't think about spell checking as much as I used to.

Part of the reason is how the keyboards work. I mostly use Swype, which seems to work well with the vocabulary I use. It does most of the spelling for me, so I don't think about it as much as I used to. Even when I switch to SwiftKey, it does a pretty good job of selecting the words I want to use, so no more spelling needed there either.

But it would be nice if there was a better-integrated spell checker throughout the OS.
    02-02-2011 03:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD