01-10-2014 09:21 PM
50 12
tools
    Hi, I was looking for experienced Android developers and looks like I found one . I am creating an application called ReverseSnake, which is basically the opposite of snake. In this game, the snake has to avoid the apples.

I am getting the following error: The application ReverseSnake On a Phone(process.shankar.AndroidMaterial.eclipse.Reve rseSn ake) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again.
    I checked my code and xml files and they all look fine. I am running this on the 2.1 Android emulator. I basically used Google's Snake code and altered it.

If I can get your email, then I can send you all my files. This is my first application, so I would really like for it to work. I would also appreciate if you can help me get levels in the game. For instance, in Android, how would I have the game have like "Level 1, Level 2," when the player has earned a certain score?
    05-28-2010 03:55 PM
    This message was directed to kyleg haha
    05-28-2010 03:55 PM
    I have been disappointed with the interaction between the stock "People" program and the way it flows (or in this case doesn't flow) with other applications it interfaces with. It just isn't as intuitive as the BlackBerry solution. Kind of hard to put a clear definition around what makes it "clunky" but as an example if you call a person using the "search people" program when you try to hang up from the call you are still at the search people app not the phone. Similarly from search people you can't add a contact but from the people program you can't pull up the keyboard if you want to search by keystroke instead of scrolling. I have over 800 contacts and scrolling takes longer than entering a couple of keys. Also when you pull up a contact you can't see their full address. If you press on the address it takes you to Google maps but most of the time I just need to send someone something not drop by their office. It just seems like something that was put together by a either a committee or a group working on individual elements without ever talking to each other. It really is the only issue I have with the Andriod system. It's a great product especially when you consider it is still in it's infancy.
    Try dialer one in the market
    05-31-2010 08:40 AM
    How about something like BBLight? I loved it when I got an SMS or MMS on my BB and the screen would light up.

This was also a must have for me when I had my 9630.
    There is an app called missed call that does this for phone calls handcent sms does it for text. They are both in the market.
    05-31-2010 08:47 AM
    Coming from a bb storm I miss the ability to customize my email notifications to be different for each contact. I want to hear a different ringtone depending on who is emailin me. This helps so when I am busy I know how important the email is.

In fact my storm you could customize every tone for incoming communication to be different if you want, IM email phone SMS mms you could individualize each of these to be specific for each contact..... I miss that. Also why can't I get a simple notification when one of my IM contacts becomes available? My stupid storm could do this. You should me able to receive a notification anytime an IM contact changes his/ her status.

If you make an app please make ones that enable these features.
    05-31-2010 08:59 AM
    Coming from a bb storm I miss the ability to customize my email notifications to be different for each contact. I want to hear a different ringtone depending on who is emailin me. This helps so when I am busy I know how important the email is.

In fact my storm you could customize every tone for incoming communication to be different if you want, IM email phone SMS mms you could individualize each of these to be specific for each contact..... I miss that. Also why can't I get a simple notification when one of my IM contacts becomes available? My stupid storm could do this. You should me able to receive a notification anytime an IM contact changes his/ her status.

If you make an app please make ones that enable these features.
    05-31-2010 09:01 AM
    I would love to have on my HTC Incredible:

1.) Social Networking Aggregator similar to Socialscope, Facebook, multiple Twitter accounts and other similar apps. FriendStream, Vodafone, SpiderSS, nahh.... Horrible.
    06-01-2010 03:24 AM
    I am new to biking. I find that I get get to distracted and travel to far in one direction. The grandkids then have a rough time with the return ride. I need an app that I can set an alarm so once I travel 5 miles, it warns me. I currently have to keep pulling out the phone and checking mytracks.
    06-01-2010 05:11 AM
    The Yahoo Fantasy Baseball Apps in the market suck. Yahoo is the best provider for fantasy baseball, but I have to use the full site to manage my rosters, it can be a bit of a P.I.T.A.

I would love an app that allows me to manage my rosters, make moves, adjust my lineup, view my weekly matchup etc.

now make it happen... hahah.
    06-01-2010 08:27 AM
    Hidden World Hut - webOS

I can't believe something like this doesnt exist for android yet. It just aggregates the feeds from a bunch of those lulz sites. All the FML/TFLN/MDT apps on android just pull up the mobileUI, in a kinda shell window. Each generally only have 1 or 2 supported feeds as well.

Weak sauce.
    Try Life Stories.

I'd like an app that will print by bluetooth (that would be a great adjunct to my Documents To Go). Also, they have those small portable photo printers out there with bluetooth. It would be amazing to take a picture on your phone and be able to make a print of it to give someone right away.

An app that will act like a barcode scanner "keyboard" would be great too. I want the barcode scanner to show up under "Input Method" so that I can switch between my usual Swype keyboard and a barcode scanner. It's much easier to scan in a string of random alphanumberic characters (UPS tracking numbers and such) than typing them in with a touch keyboard. Having it as a "keyboard" would allow you to switch to it within any input box, rather than exiting, going to the Barcode Scanner app, then returning to whatever app you were in. Connecting to a secure wifi network by scanning in the key would be another use for a barcode keyboard app. I'm sure people will think of plenty of other things.

It would also be nice to have an app that tracks battery usage per app. You can then track which apps are using the most battery and shut those off with a task killer.
    06-01-2010 12:30 PM
    I would LOVE an app that allowed a watermark (text or maybe even png) to be added to any photo taken from the device camera before uploading it to facebook or twitter.

I think some celebs or people with their own websites would love this as well. I would pay money for this.
    06-01-2010 04:17 PM
    I would LOVE an app that allowed a watermark (text or maybe even png) to be added to any photo taken from the device camera before uploading it to facebook or twitter.

I think some celebs or people with their own websites would love this as well. I would pay money for this.
    This is a really interesting idea, I assume you would have your own design for the watermark as a .mpeg or something right? Then you could load the picture into the app and it would auto go through pics and add it or something.
    06-01-2010 09:48 PM
    It would have to be an image file, and preferably with transparency so png or gif, but png is usually better quality. An mpeg is a video format.

This is what I would think, but I'm not familiar with Android's SDK enough to develop for it, but I am a web developer.
    An online server maybe needed to upload the original camera image & the watermark file or text entered.
    Using PHP the server would then overlay the watermark on to the camera's image.
    The app would then upload it to a picture hosting service like Facebook, Twitpic, Tweetphoto, etc APIs.

This would be a great and profitable idea I'm sure. Especially if you made a trial app that only allowed text to be the watermark. I can see celebrities, gossip blogs, and businesses using this.

I have more ideas. PM if anyone wants to hear them.
    06-02-2010 12:46 AM
    So, please put your suggestion here, or if you would rather keep it private just feel free to PM me. You could even hit up my AIM (linked under my name on the right ----> ) if you so desire!
    Record current call in background. All apps seem to record only one way.
    06-02-2010 01:01 AM
    What about one to confirm sending a text message??? Sometimes I'll accidentally hit send and then realize that I sent it to the wrong recipient.... On a non-smart phone device you can just hit end and it cancels it... this app would greatly be appreciated.
    06-02-2010 03:47 PM
    OK, I have been looking for this app and can't find one that will do what I like. A home screen widget of contacts I chose, and when you touch the picture it pops up their cell phone, home phone, work phone, and SMS. That's all!! I know 2.1 does something similar but you can't specify what numbers to show when you touch the contact.
    06-02-2010 10:22 PM
    Agendus.
    06-02-2010 10:35 PM
    I'd love to see an app that made it easier to store favorite GPS locations on your Android phone.

One possible approach: an app that could read GPX files (these are XML files for moving GPS data). On your phone, clicking on an entry from the list would open that point in Google Maps. You could use this to sync favorite waypoints between your phone and any standalone gps units, or use it to import locations posted by others (GPX is a common interchange format).
    06-03-2010 09:26 AM
    A SIMPLE Sync All Widget rather than having to take even two steps from a desktop shortcut to sync settings to then hit sync all. Sometimes, even the google update schedule which can't be changed isn't soon enough...Found this out with some new calendar updates..So all apps I've found are only off/on or shortcuts to Account Settings.
    Off/On doesn't immediately sync when turned back on so that won't work.

I just want a simply "Sync All Now" widget :-)
    07-05-2010 01:59 PM
    Dealert for webOS.

This app is amazing. If such an app exists for Android, I haven't seen it yet.
    07-05-2010 03:40 PM
    How about a calender app that has highly customizable event repeats. Like "Repeat every X amount of hours, days weeks, and months. I use my phone as an alarm clock, and work 6 on 2 off. On my BB I could set the alarm to repeat every 8-days, and the two days I was off it wouldn't go off waking me from my much needed beauty rest!
    07-05-2010 05:18 PM
    a calendar widget that looks like the calendar icon, but displays todays date! you know, like the iphone, palm pre, every darn thing out there but android.

i know tcalendar exists but its not really working for me.
    07-05-2010 06:35 PM
    How about an app that will add *82 in front of all # dialed from the contact list. That that way those of us who have blocked numbers don't have to have *82 in front of all our contacts. If you don't know having *82 on the contact # messes up SMS, and MMS messages.
    07-05-2010 07:45 PM
    I would like a Task/To Do app for Exchange/Activesync.
    07-05-2010 09:47 PM
    there is aan app called robin on google play. you can set it up to read text messages and read incoming calls. and its also the siri knock off
    01-10-2014 09:21 PM
50 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD