At one point I thought there was an application that was similar to Google Wallet that allowed you to keep your credit card information on your Android phone in case you wanted to pay for something by credit card. Does anyone remember what in sam hell I'm talking about? I also have my Droid X rooted so if there's an app out there like google wallet i can use I'd appreciate the info.

Thanks
    12-18-2011 10:21 AM
    You mean beyond keeping your credit card information in a notepad like app?
    12-18-2011 12:23 PM
    Yeah. I mean at one point there was a way to store your CVS rewards card and when you went to CVS you could open the app and have the cashier scan the card from your screen...Unless I am confusing it with something on the iPod
    12-18-2011 01:28 PM
    Keyring does an awesome job with stuff like reward cards.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk
    Devinator likes this.
    12-18-2011 06:53 PM
    Guess I'll wait for someone to crack google wallet. I got my Droid X rooted so all I have now is time!!
    12-18-2011 10:30 PM
    Keyring does an awesome job with stuff like reward cards.

I saw someone with something like this in the store a couple of weeks ago. I meant to make a note to investigate. Thanks for the reminder AND the suggestion. I just grabbed the app, and, scanned a card. So far it seems awesome. Looking forward to getting a few cards out of my wallet. Hehe.
    12-19-2011 07:09 AM
    I saw someone with something like this in the store a couple of weeks ago. I meant to make a note to investigate. Thanks for the reminder AND the suggestion. I just grabbed the app, and, scanned a card. So far it seems awesome. Looking forward to getting a few cards out of my wallet. Hehe.
    Glad I could help! My wallet is much lighter now!

12-19-2011 04:56 PM
    I use Password Safe to keep track of my CCs, expiration dates, PINs, etc. Works great!
    12-19-2011 05:24 PM
    Glad I could help! My wallet is much lighter now!

Yea, it felt good to take those cards out of my wallet. I refuse to put them on my keyring, and, I hate dealing with getting a store card. I have not had a chance to check it out in action yet, but, I am looking forward to giving it a shot the next time I go to the store. I talked to someone about the app, and, they said it didn't work when they tried it, but, even if it doesn't work, the cashier can just key in the number. Although I'm sure they'd hate you for it, hehe.
    12-20-2011 06:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD