Good news for you Docs to Go fans regarding the 3.0 update ...

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
“In addition to the current Windows Mobile 6.5 and upcoming WM7 clients, with the recently announced alliance between Microsoft and Nokia we are working to bring Office Mobile to hundreds of millions of Nokia smartphone owners, followed by other leading Smartphone platforms.”

If Microsoft is planning on bringing Office to multiple mobile platforms, it offers the tantalizing prospect of being able to seamlessly access your Office documents no matter where you are — on the desktop (using Office 2010), in the cloud (using Office Web Apps) and on all your mobile devices (using Office Mobile). It will likely also offer very stern competition for the existing multiplatform mobile office apps, like Documents To Go.

Microsoft Office Coming to the iPhone and Other Smartphones?: Business Collaboration News ?

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
Re: 3.0 release question
by criftin2000 ? Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:58 am

this is the reply I got from Customer Service on 15/10/10,

"Hi,

Final testing/bug fixes should be completed today or Monday! So I hope by next week!! Sorry for the delay! Hang tight!

Kind Regards,
Laura
DataViz, Inc.

Re: 3.0 release question
by Laura C ? Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:59 am

Sorry for the delay everyone... we are hoping to release this week/beginning of next week!!

-Laura

forums.dataviz.com • View topic - 3.0 release question

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
Outstanding! Hiss to those of you with no/little faith!

i got nothing yet so don't pop the champagne corks and set off the balloons just yet. it seems like they are STILL ****ing around.

it's been 6 MONTHS since 3.0 was announced. yeah my faith and patience starts to wear thin after 6 MONTHS.

jeffro77

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
When it talks about Desktop Sync in the change log, is it talking about a sync client that needs to be installed at the desktop? If so, where do you download that client?

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
fyi - one thing i had to do to get it to properly update was to totally delete 2.0 from my device and then install 3.0 from scratch. otherwise - it did not want to update properly.

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
Responding to question for Brighthand, Wesley Hamnett, DataViz' Marketing & Channel Coordinator, wrote:
It is not our practice to disclose details of our business relationships with our partners. That being said, while we did sell some of our assets to RIM, DataViz itself has not been acquired and is still very much in business.
We remain committed to many of the platforms that we supported previously including both iPhone and Android. In fact, we will be releasing several new versions of Documents To Go in the coming weeks and you can expect to see other offerings from us in the future as well.

DataViz Was Not Acquired by RIM, Still Working on iPhone, Android OS Software

Zorro1

Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
A MOST HEARTY Thank you for point this out. Mine installed 3.0 right over 2.0 without trouble. A bit clunkier than the Palm days, but hey, it's a sync and it works! Lovely.