Good news for you Docs to Go fans regarding the 3.0 update ...

Phil Nickinson

Android Central Editor Emeritus
Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
Just heard back from Dataviz. And I quote:
To answer your question, yes, Documents To Go version 3.0, including the new desktop sync application, will be a free upgrade for all customers who previously purchased our full version. Hopefully that news will make our customers and your readers very happy!

There you go, folks. We've updated the story.

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
where the heck is Docs To Go 3.0? Google I/O was almost 2 months ago!

P-Nick - can you ask Dataviz what's up?

Thanks!

Zorro1

Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
Can't wait. I wonder how we'll be notified? Back to the Palm days, when it all worked like it should. Password protection, automatic syncing...yay!

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
do they still have that annoying 2nd icon for the paid version? because thats enough to keep me from buying it.

2.0 has a second icon. one for the App and one for the key.

i never heard back from Dataviz or P-Nick. i guess everyone is too busy to give me the courtesy of a reply.

Crimson

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I'd also like to know when its coming out. I've been waiting to buy it until 3.0 comes out. Might just pick up 2.0 now that 3.0 will be free.

melwan

Apr 9, 2010
Visit site
The only reason I'm holding back is the lack of Google Docs integration. Even 3.0 does not mention anything about it :/

Otherwise, I would buy it in a heartbeat.

bclinger#IM

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
Using a web based service means you have no access to the file if you are in an area with no signal. Anyway, still no release date on their site for 3x.

bclinger#IM

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
Typical with them, as this has been their hallmark since they first came out in the Treo series. Long delays on updates and all updates were actually paid updates, as they never released what most would call "bug fixes" and rarely were their updates more than bug fixes. However, there is no other out there offering what they do.

eyesparky

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
When? I have contacted them and left comments on their blog with no response. Over 2 months since Google I/O said coming in a couple of weeks. In the interim Quick Office has relaunched with Google Docs and Dropbox integration etc. So I want to see what is coming in Docs to Go 3 before making a decision which one offers the best feature set or whether I am going to need a clunky solution using both.

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
They responded to the same question on July 14th. Their response was that it is not yet available and to check your email for updates. hopefully you get a better answer than that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kthompson9705kt