iPhone user needs Android expert advice

anon(25197)

May 20, 2010
Visit site
About to become Android user after years on iPhone. Ordered Incredible May 18 (no delivery date yet). Have a couple of questions I was hoping veteran Android users could answer:

1. Gmail app account versus regular gmail account. I will be using my gmail account as the primary sign-in on the phone so I can keep email, contacts and calendar in synch. What about Google Voice. It is associated with the regular gmail account. Does the GV app give you the option of sign-ins, or must it associate with the main phone sign-in?

2. Is there an app comparable to Instapaper on Android platform? Instapaper is a website that you can send stories to and it optimizes the typography for reading later on the phone. A great app on the iPhone. Use it all the time.

Kyle Gibb

May 17, 2010
Visit site
To register for Google Voice, you have to have a gmail account. But unless you also have a .edu email the waiting list to get into GV is pretty long so unless you are already in or have a .edu you probably won't get into GV =/. But once you are in, you can sign in with any account, it doesn't have to be the one you use with gmail.

As for an Instapaper-like app, I do not know of one. I would suggest searching on AppBrain.com for it or any other apps you need.

stolirocks

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
About to become Android user after years on iPhone. Ordered Incredible May 18 (no delivery date yet). Have a couple of questions I was hoping veteran Android users could answer:

1. Gmail app account versus regular gmail account. I will be using my gmail account as the primary sign-in on the phone so I can keep email, contacts and calendar in synch. What about Google Voice. It is associated with the regular gmail account. Does the GV app give you the option of sign-ins, or must it associate with the main phone sign-in?

2. Is there an app comparable to Instapaper on Android platform? Instapaper is a website that you can send stories to and it optimizes the typography for reading later on the phone. A great app on the iPhone. Use it all the time.

Get an EVO.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20