About to become Android user after years on iPhone. Ordered Incredible May 18 (no delivery date yet). Have a couple of questions I was hoping veteran Android users could answer:

1. Gmail app account versus regular gmail account. I will be using my gmail account as the primary sign-in on the phone so I can keep email, contacts and calendar in synch. What about Google Voice. It is associated with the regular gmail account. Does the GV app give you the option of sign-ins, or must it associate with the main phone sign-in?

2. Is there an app comparable to Instapaper on Android platform? Instapaper is a website that you can send stories to and it optimizes the typography for reading later on the phone. A great app on the iPhone. Use it all the time.
    05-29-2010 06:59 PM
    To register for Google Voice, you have to have a gmail account. But unless you also have a .edu email the waiting list to get into GV is pretty long so unless you are already in or have a .edu you probably won't get into GV =/. But once you are in, you can sign in with any account, it doesn't have to be the one you use with gmail.

As for an Instapaper-like app, I do not know of one. I would suggest searching on AppBrain.com for it or any other apps you need.
    05-29-2010 07:34 PM
    About to become Android user after years on iPhone. Ordered Incredible May 18 (no delivery date yet). Have a couple of questions I was hoping veteran Android users could answer:

1. Gmail app account versus regular gmail account. I will be using my gmail account as the primary sign-in on the phone so I can keep email, contacts and calendar in synch. What about Google Voice. It is associated with the regular gmail account. Does the GV app give you the option of sign-ins, or must it associate with the main phone sign-in?

2. Is there an app comparable to Instapaper on Android platform? Instapaper is a website that you can send stories to and it optimizes the typography for reading later on the phone. A great app on the iPhone. Use it all the time.
    Get an EVO.
    05-29-2010 08:47 PM
    Get an EVO.
    I'd agree though Verizon may be a better carrier for the OP. In that case, he's fine with the incredible.
    05-29-2010 08:51 PM
    Get an EVO.
    lol I would say thats a given =P
    05-29-2010 08:51 PM
    I have a Google Voice so that's great.

Sprint, no.
    05-29-2010 09:18 PM
    I have a Google Voice so that's great.

Sprint, no.
    So, what phone are you getting? An Incredible? Or an AT&T N1?
    05-29-2010 09:30 PM
    Incredible. Actually getting three—one for business partner and one for daughter. All three of us are current iphone users.
    05-29-2010 10:09 PM
    cool its a great phone =]
    05-29-2010 11:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD