There are lots of radio apps on the market, but I want one that I can add any station to if I have all the streaming info for. It needs to be able to handle ASX

I've posted an example of a local sports station that I streamed on my iPhone and now I need to find one that will allow me to just drop that info into it and listen. This was the only thing that had me nervous about switching from the iPhone to the Incredible, but I'm sure there has to be a stable reliable app out there that will work. Thanks in advance guys!

URL http://www.mainstreamnetwork.com/lis...tation=wccp-fm

Format WMA

Bitrate 20

The name of the station is WCCP and it's dial position is 104.9, so anyone that uses a streaming app would be awesome in my book if they could look to see if that station shows up in their app.
    05-30-2010 11:14 AM
    Try this. It's a paid app though.
    05-30-2010 11:23 AM
    Three bucks doesn't seem bad for an app like that. Do you know, offhand, if they have a trial version available? I'd hate to buy an app and then find that the specific station I want to listen to doesn't work with it. :-) When I am running the stream on my desktop and bring up information about it, here's what it says:

Server: SHOUTcast Distributed Network Audio Server/Linux v1.9.8
    Content-Type: audio/mpeg

Is there a free app that supports letting you enter the direct URL to the stream you want to listen to which supports the above? Or do you know that RadioTime supports it?

Thanks!

--Dave
    06-23-2010 03:16 PM
    Three bucks doesn't seem bad for an app like that. Do you know, offhand, if they have a trial version available? I'd hate to buy an app and then find that the specific station I want to listen to doesn't work with it. :-) When I am running the stream on my desktop and bring up information about it, here's what it says:

Server: SHOUTcast Distributed Network Audio Server/Linux v1.9.8
    Content-Type: audio/mpeg

Is there a free app that supports letting you enter the direct URL to the stream you want to listen to which supports the above? Or do you know that RadioTime supports it?

Thanks!

--Dave
    You can try any paid app in the Android market for 24hrs. If you don't like it simply uninstall the app before 24hrs is up and you will get your money refunded. I just downloaded the app. You can also go to their website and search what radio station you are interested in and it will tell you if it will work.

Radiotime for Android
    Super Dave likes this.
    06-23-2010 07:30 PM
    Oh really? Thanks, I didn't know that it worked that way. I'm brand-new to Android, having just gotten a HTC EVO 4G (even though I don't live in a 4g service area...) less than a week ago. Very cool to hear that Android Market apps have that 24-hour grace period to let you try out something and not be stuck with having paid for it if the app doesn't meet your needs!

I did a quick check on their site, but the station I listen to regularly doesn't show up. Not surprising, really, as it's not a terrestrial station with an Internet stream - it's strictly Internet radio. I'll give the app a try now that I know I can, and if it works I won't mind the 3 bucks at all. :-)

Thanks again!

--Dave
    06-23-2010 08:14 PM
    Well, I tried it out and was glad that it can be refunded. :-) Looks like a nice app, but it doesn't do what I need.

Does anyone know if there's a streaming audio app such as this that allows you to directly input the URL to the stream you want to listen to, instead of going with a list of streams they already know about?

--Dave
    06-25-2010 01:59 PM
    Well, I tried it out and was glad that it can be refunded. :-) Looks like a nice app, but it doesn't do what I need.

Does anyone know if there's a streaming audio app such as this that allows you to directly input the URL to the stream you want to listen to, instead of going with a list of streams they already know about?

--Dave
    Have you tried yourmuze.fm? It allows you to enter the stream url for a station and then you can navigate to their mobile site on your phone and listen to the station?
    06-25-2010 05:08 PM
    Well, that certainly looks intriguing! Thanks for the suggestion; from the description on the main page, it certainly sounds like it will do the job. Will be interesting to see how it pans out. :-)

Thanks!

--Dave
    06-25-2010 11:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD