So, I am thinking about ditching my HTC Trophy for a Galaxy Nexus. The only problem is I am really going to miss access to my Zune Pass. I know there is no Zune app for andoid, but is there anything that could replace it? Spotify is out unless they have added stations to the mobile app in the past couple months. I don't always want to make playlists, sometimes I like to just pick an artist and have it auto play similar stuff. I'm not sure if Rdio does this or not? I know about Google Music so I can upload my 10 free songs I get a month to that, but I still want something that I can search for particular songs right on the device. Any suggestions?
    12-29-2011 01:13 PM
    I'm using Spotify right now as my Zune replacement. I tried Rhapsody, but wasn't a big fan. You have to pay an extra $5 a month to download songs (so $15 total), which means you're going to be using more bandwidth. Spotify has an offline mode, plus songs you listen to appear to be cached on the phone.

I do miss the Radio feature of Zune. Plus it was easier to see the new albums of the week on Zune. Spotify seems to mix singles in with new albums.

I'd give Spotify a try. You can probably make it work temporarily. For all we know Microsoft is working on a Zune Android client.
    01-06-2012 08:48 PM
    I'm re-oppening this thread because I also am switching from WM 7 to android. I've got a couple of questions regarding spotify as a zune replacement.

1) Are you able to "sync" your mobile spotify with your desktop? I ask this because I usually download the tracks to my computer in zune and then sync them over to my phone. This saves battery life on my phone which usually drains pretty quickly when downloading large files.

2) Related- does spotify also work as a service for downloading podcasts? Or do you use an alternative? If you do use an alternative, are you able to download to your pc and sync with your phone (for the reasons described in question 1)?

04-02-2012 11:10 AM
    OK, doing a little more research it seems like I can replace my beloved zune by using a combination of two apps: 1) a music subscription service with a pc client (i.e. spotify), and 2) a syncing program that has podcast subscriptions (i.e. doubletwist).

Anybody else use this combo or have better suggestions ?
    04-03-2012 07:53 PM