AC Readers most used apps of 2011

E_man

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
All the editors are putting their most used apps of 2011 up on the site, I thought it would be fun to do the same for readers. Just name the apps you use, maybe a little about what they do and why you use it. Links to the market are a bonus. I hope mine work, they were all done from my transformer, so the links may be funny sinc e I was not on the webmarket.

For me:

Feedly: It's a good looking google reader app, with lots of functionality on the phone.

Any.Do: Another aesthetically pleasing app, this one a to do list, that includes a handy feature where it will pop-up after a missed call and ask if you want to add calling that person back to your todo list. A few good widgets as well

TV Show Favs: If you like TV, this app will let you keep track of what you watched, what you haven't, when shows are on, when shows are returning, etc. Very handy, and I'm using the beta of the next update. Excellent.

BeWeather: A good, accurate weather client using weather underground. Looks beutiful, with good widgets.

Read it Later: I save stuff from google reader, and this app makes it easy to find them.

Pocket Casts: Last, but far from least, is Pocket Casts. A gorgeous podcast manager, with speed control with the presto add-on, a great UI, autodownloading, and a good built in library so you don't have to hunt down those URL's. It's a massive step up from Google Listen, BeyondPod, and even Doggcatcher (I've used them all). Some of them, you have to endure using. Pocket casts is something you enjoy.

So what are yours?

Reactions: jj2me and Orion72

MojaveHigh

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Pocket Casts is great! I only found Any.Do a few weeks ago and it's perfect. Thanks for mentioning TV Show Favs and BeWeather - grabbed them both and very happy with them.

I want to add Go SMS Pro, SwiftKey, Evernote and, yes, Words with Friends to my list.

Verdes8891

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Google Reader - Pretty self explainitory. Keep up with all my tech and Android news.

Machinima - Keep up with gaming news and viral videos

Google Music - I have all my itunes music up in the google music cloud and i abuse my unlimited data with it.

My Movies Pro - I have a collection of over 200+ dvd's and it keeps on growing. Great app to keep track of it.

Stumbleupon - Awsome for some quick laughs

Tapatalk - Obvious reasons

Word Search - Great for killing some time, free application.

Zedge - Great wallpapers and ringtones.

basketthis

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
Cool idea! My most used app is definitely (wait for it....) the default internet app. Lol! Seriously...

Oh. And wordfued.... For my gaming. :)