It's beautiful, yes. But is it reliable in terms of its forcasts and weather data? Where does it pull its info from?
    05-31-2010 07:45 PM
    google servers
    05-31-2010 08:40 PM
    I believe HTC uses accuweather for the clock widget/weather app. (They do on other devices).
    05-31-2010 09:28 PM
    The HTC widget is horrible for weather, it only has a couple dozen locations for the ENTIRE GLOBE. I just use The Weather Channel's widget, works great. =]
    06-01-2010 01:11 AM
    The HTC widget is horrible for weather, it only has a couple dozen locations for the ENTIRE GLOBE. I just use The Weather Channel's widget, works great. =]
    You do know there is the current location option, right? I mean, that is what most people are interested in. They want to know if they need an umbrella, not if it's going to rain 200 miles away...
    06-01-2010 03:12 AM
    You do know there is the current location option, right? I mean, that is what most people are interested in.
    And the My Location feature in this app/widget is currently failing for many, many users. Without preloaded locations the widget is basically crap.

I dumped it for BW on Day Two and will never look back.
    06-01-2010 06:29 AM
    06-01-2010 09:53 AM
    Yeah, no trouble here at all. I like it.
    06-01-2010 10:03 AM
    The widget is nice but it only updates every 30 mins. Wish you could manually update it. When you're traveling its nice to see ahead. Weather channel widget has lots of features but the notifications are worthless. Can't get em to shut off without closing via a task mgr.
    06-01-2010 12:58 PM
    06-01-2010 01:54 PM
    if you tap the weather part of the clock/weather widget, then push the sync arrows in the bottom left corner of the weather app, it should also update the widget.. am i wrong? it works for me...

this is if you want to manually update it
    i haven't used it since i updated to the official 2.1 from VZW on my eris, but before, even when i hit the manual sync, it wouldn't always get my location and the weather wasn't as accurate as most other companies/sites. i'd like to have the same widget that comes stock, but with a faster sync time. 30 mins is too long. 15 mins is almost slow, especially when travelling up the mountain here in the sierras. the weather changes so fast, different elevations will be completely different climates. but i'll try it again now that i'm updated. i got rid of the weather channel widget.
    06-01-2010 02:04 PM
    i haven't used it since i updated to the official 2.1 from VZW on my eris, but before, even when i hit the manual sync, it wouldn't always get my location and the weather wasn't as accurate as most other companies/sites. i'd like to have the same widget that comes stock, but with a faster sync time. 30 mins is too long. 15 mins is almost slow, especially when travelling up the mountain here in the sierras. the weather changes so fast, different elevations will be completely different climates. but i'll try it again now that i'm updated. i got rid of the weather channel widget.
    I have an Eris 2.1 also and it works much better on 2.1 than it did on 1.5. I killed it pretty quickly on 1.5 but have been using it on 2.1. I like that it always gives you weather for the current location, which is helpful for me since I travel a lot.

On the other hand, I use Weather Channel for more detailed weather news and forecasts. I also use Weather Underground (wunderground.com) online - it's the best web weather site around, IMHO.
    06-01-2010 04:01 PM
    I dumped it for Beautiful Widget. Looks better, more customizable, and just plain better. Well worth the money.
    06-01-2010 04:46 PM
    Sense' Weather App is nice, but I prefer the Weather Channel App. Waaay more detailed, and I also love the "following location" part of it.
    06-02-2010 10:17 AM
    The Sense Weather Widget on my incredible works great. I have it set to location, and it works great. I travel between 100-200 miles a day for my business, and it's had every town I go to come up when updating. The weather icon has only been wrong 2 or 3 times, which is acceptable.
    06-02-2010 02:01 PM
    I think I am going to add the weather channel to my Incredible. Last night we had a major storm in Kerrville, TX. Severe weather warnings over my weather radio. HTC was showing cloudy. It never did catch up to the actual weather.
    06-03-2010 08:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD