I will graduate from college soon. And recently I am doing an internship now. And I will make many new contacts everyday with a bunch of new cards. I need a business card reader app. My friends recommend me CamCard. They said CamCard was better than some other similar apps. CamCard has a better accuracy, and you do not need to further edit any information. And CamCard has a lot of additional features, like batch scanning, QR code recognition, Excel export and maybe synchronization. What's your suggestion?
    01-02-2012 07:48 AM
    CamCard is one of the most accurate business card readers - fast too - but don't expect do not need to edit any information from ANY OCR app, they all require occasional tweaks. Another app which provides the same accuracy is ScanBizCards, with one significant advantage: web integration. ScanBizCards lets you sign up for an optional web-based real time backup service - which means you'll never lose a card - but also enables web access to your cards from any browser, which many more features available online. Another advantage of that service is that it will let you keep cards in sync between multiple Android and iOS devices.

One more advantage of ScanBizCards: a human transcription option, at your choice, for near 100% accuracy (carries a cost of $0.18/card).
    01-03-2012 05:13 AM
    There are a few I tested out. Both listed above as well.

Problem with some is that so cards have gotten away from the standard format that was used by everyone for years lol.
    Now you have company phones, cell phones, pagers, twitter, websites, email, titles, etc. Where as before it would be like three numbers tops

Point is, you still will need to go in and edit them.
    Another option which I like is bump. It's a free app so people can bump by shaking their device and send you their info that way.
    01-03-2012 05:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD