I've heard of an app called Locale that uses your location to control whether WiFi is on or not, or even when to silence your phone. Sounds great, but it's pricey and I've read lots of recent bad reviews. Are there any alternatives? I don't want one that's based simply on time-of-day, but location. Would be nice if it could silence the phone automatically in certain places.

I heard that Moto included their own version of this in the Razr, but I have the Galaxy Nexus.
    01-02-2012 12:51 PM
    Tasker might be what you want. It's complicated but impressive.
    01-02-2012 02:10 PM
    Check out Llama in the Market. I've been using it for a couple months on my GS2, and it's been working quite well. The price it's right too... FREE!

Happy New Year!

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk
    01-02-2012 08:39 PM
    Check out Llama in the Market. I've been using it for a couple months on my GS2, and it's been working quite well. The price it's right too... FREE!

Happy New Year!

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk
    +1 for Llama - it's free but donations are also accepted. I've been trying this out on my Galaxy Nexus as well. I've had a couple of questions to the developer, found him to be VERY responsive.
    01-15-2012 02:03 PM
    I have been using PhoneWeaver since I have had an android. It's like Tasker but a little easier to use.
    01-16-2012 05:08 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD