Help! Best Andrioid App to Impress!

tkanavy

May 25, 2010
Visit site
This will be my first Android phone. I have been scouring Appbrain.com to find some cool applications for the past couple weeks. So I pose this question to you android pros: "What app do you think is excellent for impressing friends and family? What app will make them want an Evo/android also? I'm not talking "best or most useful" I'm talking pure impressibility ;)

Any ideas?

tntsniper#CB

May 17, 2010
Visit site
This will be my first Android phone. I have been scouring Appbrain.com to find some cool applications for the past couple weeks. So I pose this question to you android pros: "What app do you think is excellent for impressing friends and family? What app will make them want an Evo/android also? I'm not talking "best or most useful" I'm talking pure impressibility ;)

Any ideas?

There's an app.. (I forget the name, sorry) where you can control a girl bouncing on a trampoline. Pretty sweet app. lol jk.. There's quite a few to be honest. I would sort by Top Rated to be honest.

Last edited:

KerkedAgain

Feb 8, 2010
Visit site
There are a plethora of Live Wallpapers in the market..YouTube "live wallpapers" and see what they've got, I think that speaks volumes as to innovation..

Also be sure and show them "Compass Mode" in Google Maps, it uses your GPS, Accelerometer, and Digital Compass to give you "real-time" Street View that displays based on where you're facing

Last edited:

TreyDaPrince

Oct 28, 2009
Visit site
The shear customization options for Handcent was enough for me. If that's not good enough, pure messenger widget is great and so is any home/launcher replacement will again show off the customization features of Android.

Gathomblipoob

May 6, 2010
Visit site
Why are you worried about impressing others? Aren't you getting the EVO for yourself to enjoy using? Don't get caught up in the "I have to impress others" game...:p

tkanavy

May 25, 2010
Visit site
Isn't the EVO impressive enough? :p

Well, I am surrounded by mostly non-technophile women. The product of being a sexy beast and also having 5 sisters ;) So a big shiny screen on its own does not make their heart race as it would you and me.;) Therefore I need to show them something a little more substance oriented :)

tkanavy

May 25, 2010
Visit site
There are a plethora of Live Wallpapers in the market..YouTube "live wallpapers" and see what they've got, I think that speaks volumes as to innovation..

Also be sure and show them "Compass Mode" in Google Maps, it uses your GPS, Accelerometer, and Digital Compass to give you "real-time" Street View that displays based on where you're facing

Yeah that' what I'm talking about! Sounds great, thanks for the input.:)

tkanavy

May 25, 2010
Visit site
Why are you worried about impressing others? Aren't you getting the EVO for yourself to enjoy using? Don't get caught up in the "I have to impress others" game...:p

Thanks for the psychoanalysis! :p However, I want my friends and family to enjoy the device and see the benefits of owning one. I want the device to do well and utterly crush the Iphone; Sprint to do well and keep giving me my stellar rates and service.

It has more to do with sharing excellence with the people I care about and less to do with any insecurities I may have. :) I have a trophy girl and a sports car for that ;)

ecaggiani

Feb 18, 2010
www.zazzle.com
Look for Metal Detector. Run that, lay your phone on a table, and pass objects over it. Metal ones will make the phone vibrate. Non-metal won't. Doesn't work with aluminum, but most other metals work.

I did that last weekend with some iFriends and they were quite shocked and impressed that my phone can detect metal. Seriously, try it, it works!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech