Palm PocketTunes equivelant? (Newbie here)

ArchGoodwin

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Forgive me if this is a newbie question.

I'm about to make the jump from Palm 755p to Evo 4G. Is there a music player comparable to PocketTunes that can not only play mp3s (and other formats) but has a built in list of Internet Radio stations. Not looking for a Podcast catcher, but I like being able to "tune in" the various BBC feeds from time to time. Or will I need two apps for this? What do you recommend?

Thank you all for your time.

MowDownJoe

Regular lawnmower man...
Feb 14, 2010
Visit site
RadioTime isn't exactly what he's looking for... that more for streaming regular radio stations. (Damn handy for that.)
And as far as I know, there isn't one app that does that. For internet radio, I use A Online Radio. For a media player, I like Cubed, or ?, or whatever the guy calls it.

ArchGoodwin

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Thanks to those that replied. I am looking at RadioTime, but it appears not to carry the major BBC feeds (which are my real interest). I've sent them a query asking if that was forthcoming. I think A Online Radio doesn't carry them either, but I am going to try it to be sure. Anyway, thank you all for your help.

ArchGoodwin

May 18, 2010
Visit site
FYI, I've pretty much given up on having one application for both on-board mp3s and Internet radio. Maybe PocketTunes will decide to develop for Android one day.

jaihawk

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
Thanks to those that replied. I am looking at RadioTime, but it appears not to carry the major BBC feeds (which are my real interest). I've sent them a query asking if that was forthcoming. I think A Online Radio doesn't carry them either, but I am going to try it to be sure. Anyway, thank you all for your help.

What BBC feeds are you looking for? I listen to BBC Radio One every day through this app. You can't always find stations via the app itself, but if you go to their website, you can usually find them there, then save them to your presets and the next time you launch the app, they'll appear.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995