I'm new to spotify. I just signed up to premium 30 day trial because that's the only way to get it on my phone. My use case is to use my phone in the car as the music system, but it's nice to have the control spotify gives.

But on the desktop, there is the radio feature, where you can pick rock, blues, etc., and have it play a bunch of stuff without you thinking about it. There's also the <artist> radio, where you can specify an artist, and it will find songs similar to that artist. (As a sidebar, it'd be nice to be able to specify multiple artists for this, but I haven't found how to do that).

But are these available from the spotify android client? I haven't found how to access these.

Also, isn't it strange that there isn't a car mode, with horizontal display?

Hopefully I'm just missing how to do these things, else, this won't provide $10/month of value to me.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give.
    01-08-2012 02:07 PM
    The spotify app lacks all of the features you describe. It is sorely in need of an update and if you look at the reviews in the market you'll see it has a few bugs too. Most obvious is when you add a track to a playlist the app will force close...every time. The iOS app is loads better and features better library management, lockscreen capabilities, and does not crash at all.

The app is adequate but to me is a prime example of how developers just don't seem to care about Android apps as much as iOS. It's frustrating to be sure.
    01-21-2012 03:43 PM
    Thanks for your response. It is as I thought, so I'm canceling premium. Pity, really.
    01-21-2012 04:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD