Looking for something that will keep me in airplane mode and turn on say once every 15-30 mins and check for messages ect to help with battery life. Currently when im at work my phone spends almost 50% of its idle time searching for service according to the battery usage chart in the phone and drains my battery. I however do not have the luxery of being able to manual cut airplane off every 15 mins or so to check for a message.
    01-09-2012 09:52 PM
    I think Juice Defender does that. If not maybe Tasker.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk
    01-09-2012 10:00 PM
    juice defender ultimate... I get 15+ hours battery life on it once I got it configured correctly. That's cking exchange e-mail every 5 minutes. twitter and facebook in the background. And a few other regular e-mail accounts.
    01-09-2012 10:50 PM
    yea i got takser, however all of it is greek to me, i cant for the life of me even after looking at the wiki really figure this thing out
    01-09-2012 11:03 PM
    juice defender ultimate... I get 15+ hours battery life on it once I got it configured correctly. That's cking exchange e-mail every 5 minutes. twitter and facebook in the background. And a few other regular e-mail accounts.

At work my batter is luck to get me through 8 hours and i dont even keep my data on period, i check nothiing, all my battery loss is from lack of signal in my job, my reguler phone signal goes in and out, i just want it to check text every 10-15 mins and cut off. I cant find how to do this in juice defender at all
    01-09-2012 11:08 PM
    01-09-2012 11:34 PM
    I use Tasker.

Yea a little more to set up but its da bomb!
    01-11-2012 12:47 PM
    I'd try JuiceDefender, free version did quite good job so coughed up for the "ultimate" version to get more options. It does way more to save battery, can even adjust screen brightness (an "auto" mode you can adjust).
    01-11-2012 11:06 PM
    Can someone (which of course known "Tasker" profiling) try to write the following profile?

(Works when screen off or on)
    - try to connect to known wifi networks (currently 2, let's call them "Home" and "Work")
    - If not succeeded -> connect to 3G
    - Let all data downloaders (weather widget, Rss, Email, Gmail, ...) work for 2 minutes
    - Disconnect from current active connection (Wifi or 3G)
    - Delay for 18 minutes (or more ...)
    - Go over the flow again ....

It might be very good to battery life... someone?
    02-07-2012 05:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD