Google Voice question.

Google Voice, Sprint Voicemail, or other?

• Total voters

fofjjsr

Android4life
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
So I use Google Voice for my Voice messaging. Here is my problem, all my text messages show up as well. My Voice app is flooded with my text messages too. Is there a way to only have the Voice messages show up in Voice? I use the standard messaging app for my txt messages and want it to stay that way, but going into my Voice to to see my Voice messages is a pain because it is also flooded with txt messages. Any idea?

Thanks in advance.

fofjjsr

Android4life
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
Menu.. Labels

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using TapaTalk. Kay pof shinum wif a bardle doo.

Ok, this helps a little. But, when I exit Google Voice and go back in, it shows everything again. I was wondering if there is a way for Google Voice to not show any text messages and only my Voicemail.

sisblub

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
So I use Google Voice for my Voice messaging. Here is my problem, all my text messages show up as well. My Voice app is flooded with my text messages too. Is there a way to only have the Voice messages show up in Voice? I use the standard messaging app for my txt messages and want it to stay that way, but going into my Voice to to see my Voice messages is a pain because it is also flooded with txt messages. Any idea?

Thanks in advance.

I use Google voice and currently I do not receive any texts via the google voice app, only the messaging app. Go into google voice app, settings, sync and notifications, then click on the text messaging option and click on "also receive via text messaging app"

That's what I have on my settings and I only receive texts via the messaging app and not google voice. Hope that helps.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Polish Prince

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
That's how I have mine set up too. No gVoice notifications for text messages are sent to the phone.

But, he is asking whether it is possible to not see the Text Label (folder) in gVoice which is not possible now.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using TapaTalk. Kay pof shinum wif a bardle doo.