Peep or Twitter for Android?

Whats the best Twitter app for Android phones.

• Total voters

Beezzy

May 31, 2010
Visit site
When I get my EVO this week I was wondering what app I should use. The stock app that comes on HTC devices or go with the official app? Any one who has used them can give me any input?

NickF227

Jan 24, 2010
Visit site
Its called Peep....I like it on my Eris, but now that I'm using LauncherPro, I can't use that widget anymore, and I really like Tweetcaster, it can do a lot more. Selecting links on Peep was such a bitch.

CallerHoller

May 9, 2010
Visit site
Twitter is a lighter app than Twidroid. My Moto Droid sped up after I removed Twidroid. Really don't need Twidroids preview browser. It's much slower than the Droids browser anyway.

MissMe

Jan 8, 2010
Visit site
Twidroid or Touiteur. I tried Seesmic and there were little annoyances here and there that were dealbreakers for me. I like both of the above version, though I like the customization features of Touiteur better

XXXdc5

May 1, 2010
Visit site
Ive literally tried everything and i use twitter A LOT and use all of its features daily

the only app ive used out of ALL of the ones that has met all of my needs is Touiteur, the paid version (because i wanted the large widget.

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
Ive literally tried everything and i use twitter A LOT and use all of its features daily

the only app ive used out of ALL of the ones that has met all of my needs is Touiteur, the paid version (because i wanted the large widget.

I have the paid version of Touiteur too but it was bugging out for me. I wouldn't get notifications for a while (even though background notifications were turned on and the update interval was every 5 minutes) and when I went into the app I would get a million alerts, even for tweets I already read. Did it get any better?

I's used every Twitter app in the market place too and my top 3 would be Twidroid, Touiteur, and Seesmic.

XXXdc5

May 1, 2010
Visit site
I have the paid version of Touiteur too but it was bugging out for me. I wouldn't get notifications for a while (even though background notifications were turned on and the update interval was every 5 minutes) and when I went into the app I would get a million alerts, even for tweets I already read. Did it get any better?

I's used every Twitter app in the market place too and my top 3 would be Twidroid, Touiteur, and Seesmic.

I've never had a problem with notifications. Maybe there was other settings that u didn't notice like on your phone or something. I thought twidroid was garbage but I actually liked seismic a lot. But the widgets sucked so I ditched it for touiteur and then bought the paid add on

Darthstorm528

Nov 14, 2009
Visit site
Anyone have issues with Touiteur when it comes to Photo uploads? It takes about two to three minutes, if my screen goes off, it will add another link when I put the screen back on. It's really starting to annoy me. Tonight, it took forever again, however when I changed it from tweetphoto to twitpic, it failed. So I'm looking into twitter for Android or something else, I'm not liking the app anymore if this problem continues.

XXXdc5

May 1, 2010
Visit site
Anyone have issues with Touiteur when it comes to Photo uploads? It takes about two to three minutes, if my screen goes off, it will add another link when I put the screen back on. It's really starting to annoy me. Tonight, it took forever again, however when I changed it from tweetphoto to twitpic, it failed. So I'm looking into twitter for Android or something else, I'm not liking the app anymore if this problem continues.

i think youre doing something wrong because ive never had a problem like that and i tweet a looooot

twitter was down yesterday for a bit. maybe it was that?

Darthstorm528

Nov 14, 2009
Visit site
i think youre doing something wrong because ive never had a problem like that and i tweet a looooot

twitter was down yesterday for a bit. maybe it was that?

Yes my picture resize was set to none, I tried normal and it actually uploaded a little faster.

yomonk1

Apr 25, 2010
Visit site
DO NOT like Twitter for Android or HTC Twitter app PEEP, working with Seesmic and like its functionality ok, very capable, but just started on Twicca and so far it is GREAT!! Anyone else have any experience with Twicca?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech