Peep or Twitter for Android?

Whats the best Twitter app for Android phones.

• Total voters

Darthstorm528

Nov 14, 2009
Visit site
I do not like Twitter for Android because it keeps unchecking Sync Twitter Data when I want it checked meaning it will not catch new tweets, metions, or DMS without the Intervals. Also I don't want it to Sync contacts. So Touiteur works for me, I will try out Twicca tomorrow though.

anon26174

May 24, 2010
Visit site
I like TwidroidPRO, but mainly for the full-screen preview widget and its regular updates. I had to pay for it though. Then again, I paid for Tweetie2 on the iPhone before it went free and became Twitter!

CallerHoller

May 9, 2010
Visit site
So I tried Seesmic and was not impressed. I like searching for tweets in my area. I couldn't find that on Seesmic.
Back to Twitter for Android. I found a cool ReTweet app. Gives a round about way of retweeting with comment that everyone really likes. I like the UI of Twitter.

Sph33r

Feb 2, 2010
Visit site
I'm picky about how my twitter apps handle the timeline. I want to start where I was last, and read from there. The only app that even remotely handles things the way I want is TweetCaster. I love it and i've tried every other major app out there.

CallerHoller

May 9, 2010
Visit site
Does Tweet caster do retweet with comment? Does it search GPS nearby tweets? Does it show the app used for a tweet? Does it have different colors for replies and tweets? Does it show a thorough account profile.

It's very expensive to test. I just think that the 5 star reviews are self promoting. No one reviewing Tweet Caster is subjective.

Sph33r

Feb 2, 2010
Visit site
Does Tweet caster do retweet with comment? Does it search GPS nearby tweets? Does it show the app used for a tweet? Does it have different colors for replies and tweets? Does it show a thorough account profile.

It's very expensive to test. I just think that the 5 star reviews are self promoting. No one reviewing Tweet Caster is subjective.

They have a free version, why not try it out for yourself?

yomonk1

Apr 25, 2010
Visit site
I'm picky about how my twitter apps handle the timeline. I want to start where I was last, and read from there. The only app that even remotely handles things the way I want is TweetCaster. I love it and i've tried every other major app out there.

Ok, nice call. Tweetcaster #1 Twicca #2 The rest blow

After several days and heavy use on Tweetcaster, I officially offer my endorsement.

Last edited:

Prospekt

Jan 16, 2010
Visit site
Surprisingly I find Peep the best for me. I'm not a huge twitter user and this seems lightweight and natural. I also have Touiteur installed and use that occasionally.

ffmedic2112

Jan 16, 2010
Visit site
I like tweetcaster and Touiteur. The main reason I use Tweetcaster is I can't seem to find an easy way to insert users into a tweet like tweetcaster. Anyone using Touiteur know how to insert users into tweets without manually typing them in?

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
I like tweetcaster and Touiteur. The main reason I use Tweetcaster is I can't seem to find an easy way to insert users into a tweet like tweetcaster. Anyone using Touiteur know how to insert users into tweets without manually typing them in?

I go between Tweetcaster and Touiteur too. In Touiteur, if you start to type a persons name it should show up in a list.

ladyc0524

Trusted Member
Mar 29, 2010
Visit site
When I got my Evo, I was using Twitter for Android..it's ok, but I'm using Touiteur Pro now..I absolutely love this app! I love how I can customize the color of each person's tweets in my timeline, and it uses the RT with comment..

JayCudi

Mar 28, 2010
Visit site
I love the Seemic's UI but I hated the fact you cannot exit the application

Other than that, it's a great twitter app

Other ones I would recommend are Tweetcaster, Touiteur and Twitter for Android

I stayed away from Tweet and Peep

Chillout80s

May 21, 2010
Visit site
I've been using Seesmic for quite some time now and it works great. I love that you can have multiple accounts and not have to upgrade to some pro version.

E_RS

Jun 16, 2010
twitter.com
My vote also goes for touiteur. Ease of use and appearance made this an easy transition from ubertwitter coming from a Blackberry.

Blubble#AC

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I prefer Peep, but it doesn't have good choices for URL shortening and photo services. Otherwise, it's better than the official Twitter client.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX