View Poll Results: Whats the best Twitter app for Android phones.

Voters
51. You may not vote on this poll
  • Twitter for Android

17 33.33%
  • Peep (Stock HTC app)

9 17.65%
  • Other (List Below)

25 49.02%
06-21-2010 12:17 PM
47 12
tools
    When I get my EVO this week I was wondering what app I should use. The stock app that comes on HTC devices or go with the official app? Any one who has used them can give me any input?
    06-02-2010 05:18 PM
    i'd say neither...I'm currently using twidroid.
    06-02-2010 07:52 PM
    Its called Peep....I like it on my Eris, but now that I'm using LauncherPro, I can't use that widget anymore, and I really like Tweetcaster, it can do a lot more. Selecting links on Peep was such a *****.
    06-02-2010 10:52 PM
    Twitter is a lighter app than Twidroid. My Moto Droid sped up after I removed Twidroid. Really don't need Twidroids preview browser. It's much slower than the Droids browser anyway.
    06-03-2010 08:20 AM
    sesmic
    06-03-2010 08:24 AM
    Hoot suite
    06-03-2010 09:32 AM
    Seesmic for me..
    06-03-2010 09:33 AM
    Twidroid or Touiteur. I tried Seesmic and there were little annoyances here and there that were dealbreakers for me. I like both of the above version, though I like the customization features of Touiteur better
    06-03-2010 12:57 PM
    I used Seesmic up until a few days ago, it keep freezing and fore closing so i'm usuinf Twitter for Android now.
    06-03-2010 07:25 PM
    I'm using Twidroid now and really like it!
    06-03-2010 07:40 PM
    Ive literally tried everything and i use twitter A LOT and use all of its features daily

the only app ive used out of ALL of the ones that has met all of my needs is Touiteur, the paid version (because i wanted the large widget.
    06-03-2010 10:22 PM
    Ive literally tried everything and i use twitter A LOT and use all of its features daily

the only app ive used out of ALL of the ones that has met all of my needs is Touiteur, the paid version (because i wanted the large widget.
    I have the paid version of Touiteur too but it was bugging out for me. I wouldn't get notifications for a while (even though background notifications were turned on and the update interval was every 5 minutes) and when I went into the app I would get a million alerts, even for tweets I already read. Did it get any better?

I's used every Twitter app in the market place too and my top 3 would be Twidroid, Touiteur, and Seesmic.
    06-04-2010 08:02 AM
    I have the paid version of Touiteur too but it was bugging out for me. I wouldn't get notifications for a while (even though background notifications were turned on and the update interval was every 5 minutes) and when I went into the app I would get a million alerts, even for tweets I already read. Did it get any better?

I's used every Twitter app in the market place too and my top 3 would be Twidroid, Touiteur, and Seesmic.
    I've never had a problem with notifications. Maybe there was other settings that u didn't notice like on your phone or something. I thought twidroid was garbage but I actually liked seismic a lot. But the widgets sucked so I ditched it for touiteur and then bought the paid add on
    06-04-2010 11:39 PM
    TWEETCASTER!! I've downloaded em all n used em all...TWEETCASTER is the easiest n simpilicest to work, and upload pic n video no problem!
    06-05-2010 12:32 AM
    Anyone have issues with Touiteur when it comes to Photo uploads? It takes about two to three minutes, if my screen goes off, it will add another link when I put the screen back on. It's really starting to annoy me. Tonight, it took forever again, however when I changed it from tweetphoto to twitpic, it failed. So I'm looking into twitter for Android or something else, I'm not liking the app anymore if this problem continues.
    06-10-2010 11:02 PM
    Anyone have issues with Touiteur when it comes to Photo uploads? It takes about two to three minutes, if my screen goes off, it will add another link when I put the screen back on. It's really starting to annoy me. Tonight, it took forever again, however when I changed it from tweetphoto to twitpic, it failed. So I'm looking into twitter for Android or something else, I'm not liking the app anymore if this problem continues.
    i think youre doing something wrong because ive never had a problem like that and i tweet a looooot

twitter was down yesterday for a bit. maybe it was that?
    06-11-2010 12:30 AM
    I use the official Twitter app

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
    06-11-2010 12:32 AM
    i think youre doing something wrong because ive never had a problem like that and i tweet a looooot

twitter was down yesterday for a bit. maybe it was that?
    Yes my picture resize was set to none, I tried normal and it actually uploaded a little faster.
    06-11-2010 01:14 AM
    DO NOT like Twitter for Android or HTC Twitter app PEEP, working with Seesmic and like its functionality ok, very capable, but just started on Twicca and so far it is GREAT!! Anyone else have any experience with Twicca?
    06-11-2010 02:06 AM
    twitdroid is doing fine for me.
    06-11-2010 02:12 AM
    At first I used Twitter for Android only, but since then I have moved on to Tweetcaster. Easily the best twitter app for me.
    06-11-2010 03:36 AM
    I do not like Twitter for Android because it keeps unchecking Sync Twitter Data when I want it checked meaning it will not catch new tweets, metions, or DMS without the Intervals. Also I don't want it to Sync contacts. So Touiteur works for me, I will try out Twicca tomorrow though.
    06-12-2010 02:00 AM
    I like TwidroidPRO, but mainly for the full-screen preview widget and its regular updates. I had to pay for it though. Then again, I paid for Tweetie2 on the iPhone before it went free and became Twitter!
    06-12-2010 06:57 AM
    So I tried Seesmic and was not impressed. I like searching for tweets in my area. I couldn't find that on Seesmic.
    Back to Twitter for Android. I found a cool ReTweet app. Gives a round about way of retweeting with comment that everyone really likes. I like the UI of Twitter.
    06-13-2010 04:57 PM
    I'm picky about how my twitter apps handle the timeline. I want to start where I was last, and read from there. The only app that even remotely handles things the way I want is TweetCaster. I love it and i've tried every other major app out there.
    yomonk1 likes this.
    06-13-2010 07:59 PM
47 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD