01-25-2018 03:59 PM
1,003 ... 910111213 ...
tools
    I'm using the app for a couple of weeks now and loving it.

One thing that i think isn't working for me is wifi pooling. I created an area called near home like someone suggested here that enables wifi pooling to every 5 minutes. When i connect to the home wifi i set wifi pooling to never, disable screen lock and enable wifi so it stays connected.
    I can see it changes wifi polling to 5 minutes and never but on the Recent tab i see the available wifi networks every minute, like it is still pulling for wifi networks. Shouldn't that stop once i set wifi pooling to never?
    Hi, what Wifi polling does is turn on Wifi every few minutes. If you set it to never, only that is not done anymore. If you turn your Wifi on manually, or keep it on all time, it will still recognize the area you are in and all checking near Wifi networks.

Enviado desde mi GT-N7000 usando Tapatalk 2
    04-14-2013 08:01 PM
    oh yeah, that's it. I disable wifi when outside my known areas, enable pooling when near home/work, and keep wifi always on at home/work.
    04-15-2013 12:17 PM
    How does Llama prioritize between conflicting events/actions?

I'm trying to create an event where the screen brightness turns to 100% when WiFi disconnects. However, at one of my work locations (where I don't have WiFi,) I would like to set the brightness to 10%. Any way I can keep both, but have the exception kick in when necessary?
    04-15-2013 10:44 PM
    Does a noisy contact only apply to the phone ringer? Can I make it work for text messages?
    04-15-2013 11:42 PM
    How does Llama prioritize between conflicting events/actions?

I'm trying to create an event where the screen brightness turns to 100% when WiFi disconnects. However, at one of my work locations (where I don't have WiFi,) I would like to set the brightness to 10%. Any way I can keep both, but have the exception kick in when necessary?
    I noticed when you tell Llama "when WiFi disconnects" it also defines it as "when not connected to WiFi", I haven't figured out how to make it trigger the "when WiFi disconnects" when it has just disconnected from a WiFi network!

For your concerne, you should use variables. Add a variable ('work 3' to 'yes' for instance) to when in other work area, add an opposite variable when not in other work area ('work 3' to 'no') then add the second variable as a condition to your 100% birghtness when WiFi disconnects event. So the logic should be : when WiFi disconnects, when 'work 3' has a value of 'no' - set screen brightness to 100%.
    The other one should be : At Work 3 - set llama variable 'work 3' to 'yes' and set screen brightness to 10%

Does a noisy contact only apply to the phone ringer? Can I make it work for text messages?
    Only to ringer. Maybe there are other messaging apps that can handle special contacts notification
    04-16-2013 03:46 AM
    I have two events:

1: Wifi On
    Enables when i am in either at home or work between 7am and 11pm
    -disables mobile data
    -enables wifi

2: Wifi off
    When NOT at home or work
    When my wifi disconnects from a recognised wifi network
    -enable mobile date
    -disable wifi

How do I change my second event (wifi off) so that the actions are triggered when my phone disconnects from a recognised wifi network EVEN IF I am at home/work.
    I want this because when I leave my house the masts cover such a large area that I am quite far from home yet it still thinks I am there, and of course I am disconnected from wifi so I want Llama to recognise that and disable wifi and enable data.
    04-16-2013 05:49 AM
    I have two events:

1: Wifi On
    Enables when i am in either at home or work between 7am and 11pm
    -disables mobile data
    -enables wifi

2: Wifi off
    When NOT at home or work
    When my wifi disconnects from a recognised wifi network
    -enable mobile date
    -disable wifi

How do I change my second event (wifi off) so that the actions are triggered when my phone disconnects from a recognised wifi network EVEN IF I am at home/work.
    I want this because when I leave my house the masts cover such a large area that I am quite far from home yet it still thinks I am there, and of course I am disconnected from wifi so I want Llama to recognise that and disable wifi and enable data.
    You might ignore the location condition and see if it works...
    Or use wifi polling as described a few posts above...

04-16-2013 10:22 AM
    diabling the location condition seems to be better, but i have my wifi set to "keep wifi on during sleep" option to never....so when it sleeps wifi gets turned off by the system and llama thinks I have left the network....irritating.

obviously i can set that option to never but that drains the battery kinda negating the point of having llama installed in the 1st place.
    04-16-2013 11:06 AM
    diabling the location condition seems to be better, but i have my wifi set to "keep wifi on during sleep" option to never....so when it sleeps wifi gets turned off by the system and llama thinks I have left the network....irritating.

obviously i can set that option to never but that drains the battery kinda negating the point of having llama installed in the 1st place.
    I think that In that case is better to use wifi polling, with the home and near home areas as described a few posts ago...

04-16-2013 05:52 PM
    Hi,

I just tought of a way to do it, altough i'm not sure if it will work, but here it goes.

1.- Create a LLama tone for your noisy contact in a profile.
    2.- In your normal profile, asign to your noise contact llama tone a notification sound (could be the default or not), and notification volume greater than 0.
    3.- In your silent profile, To your noisy contact llama tone choose one, could be the same that the one in the normal profile or not. And also enable the option "change default notification tone" and change it to none if you are using default notification tones or silent if you are using ring extended or similar (one of this should work i think). Notification volume greater than 0.
    4.- For your contact, choose its personalized notification tone as the llama tone.

Hope that it works, i'll try it too when i have the chance...

BR
    04-17-2013 11:28 AM
    Hey folks!

Just an update on one of my events (original post here)

I've modified the 'At home' event to fit my needs and to have a better functional Llama (less WiFi on time).

When triggered, the 'At home' event enables WiFi for 15 minutes then turns it off if not connected. With time it bothered me because one day I got home and the 15 minutes were already up and WiFi was disabled. Could've been a friend I met on my way home and chatted a bit etc.....so I thought why not try WiFi Polling! Problem is I read some posts where users complain about it not turning off thus being a battery eater...

Long story short, I called the event 'WiFi check' :
    At Home between 10:30 and 22:59 when your phone disconnects from WiFi-Home - delay for 5 minutes and then enable WiFi for 1 minute then turn off if not connected every 10 minutes

The logic behind this is since cells cover a large distance radius, I can't be home right when it detects one that's assigned as Home area. Also this means I made my own WiFi polling ...if I can call it that way

Hope this helps you
    04-19-2013 07:44 AM
    I am sorry i dont follow your event

could you explain step by step so I can duplicate it in my app? I am keen to sort out something similar, as I live in London so there are masts everywhere, but i want my event to tell me that when my phone disconnects from my wifi it knows I am leaving home.
    04-19-2013 10:02 AM
    Wifi polling for me work just perfect...

04-19-2013 10:19 AM
    kurokirasama

could you please run through your wifi polling event?

I cant seem to get it to work
    04-19-2013 10:40 AM
    kurokirasama

could you please run through your wifi polling event?

I cant seem to get it to work
    It is just as described scribed a few posts ago, with home and near home areas...

04-20-2013 07:41 AM
    thanks but i cant follow your wifi polling event.

has anyone tried the beta version from

KebabApps
    04-23-2013 05:29 AM
    beta versions llama triggers doesnt work for me, i just get a screen to select triggers but the drop down list i am expecting to see is blank....
    04-23-2013 08:19 AM
    I'm using last beta version without great issues...

04-23-2013 12:53 PM
    latest beta works for you with the new event trigger function?
    04-23-2013 03:57 PM
    hi, sorry... i hadn't seen the new update...
    and no, the trigger function doesn't work...
    04-23-2013 04:22 PM
    How might I set that up to work properly in Llama?
    Make the turn WiFi off action trigger when you disconnect from your home WiFi network by name. That should take care of it.
    04-24-2013 10:19 PM
    new beta that fixes the trigger condition

KebabApps
    kurokirasama likes this.
    04-25-2013 03:09 AM
    04-25-2013 05:10 PM
    I have an event that sends a txt via a locale sms plugin to my wife when i leave an area at a certain time and date.

I want to manipulate that sms sending a bit, so that when i am in a meeting on thursday between 10:30 and 11:30 anyone who calls me gets a txt saying "I am busy" - but cant seem to see the right conditions or actions available....

anyone have anything like this set up?
    05-02-2013 07:32 AM
    I have an event that sends a txt via a locale sms plugin to my wife when i leave an area at a certain time and date.

I want to manipulate that sms sending a bit, so that when i am in a meeting on thursday between 10:30 and 11:30 anyone who calls me gets a txt saying "I am busy" - but cant seem to see the right conditions or actions available....

anyone have anything like this set up?
    You could use the condition "while ringing", but for now there is no way to identify who is calling to send him the SMS... I've been trying tondo something similar trough android intents but with no luck so far...

05-02-2013 07:49 AM
1,003 ... 910111213 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD