01-25-2018 03:59 PM
1,003 ... 1617181920 ...
tools
    I have llama setup with certain profiles (home, work, car). Right now I have it when I start Maps or Waze then 100% brightness and activate my car profile.
    Is it possible to select a profile for the condition?...so let's say: If <car profile> selected then action <100% brightness>...I see I can select a profile in Action, but not Condition.
    09-14-2013 06:19 PM
    Small question:

I use Llama for some time now, but I've got 3 questions:
    • Whenever an event tries to turn off Wifi while connected, I just get a debug toast saying Wifi is not switched off because it is still connected. How do I force Wifi to switch off?
    • Is there a way to check if an app is active - eighter running in the foreground or in the background? And a trigger for when it is not running anymore?
    • I've got 2 Llama shortcuts to lock either silent mode or media mute manually. Is there a way to display a status notification and remove it a few seconds after? I just need to have a text like "Silent mode lock ON" scrolling over my status bar...

I've already set up numerous events
    09-17-2013 09:44 AM
    Is there a way to check if an app is active - eighter running in the foreground or in the background? And a trigger for when it is not running anymore?
    I don't know if this is what you're looking for, but I have screen rotation events where the screen orientation lock gets disabled if certain apps are in the foreground.

Condition:
    Active application (when the current app is X) Note: when you're choosing the app, the prompt also presents with you with two options: app started or in foreground, and app stopped or in background.

Actions:
    Screen rotation (enable rotation) (or whatever you want to happen)

Queue another event
    When the current app is not X-disable rotation (opposite of what you wanted to happen.)

Which is broken down as,

Active Application:
    Active application (when the current app is not X) (the opposite of your initial condition, i.e. the stopped or in background option)

Actions:
    Screen Rotation (disable rotation)
    (what you want to happen when current app is not X.)
    09-17-2013 11:32 AM
    I have llama setup with certain profiles (home, work, car). Right now I have it when I start Maps or Waze then 100% brightness and activate my car profile.
    Is it possible to select a profile for the condition?...so let's say: If <car profile> selected then action <100% brightness>...I see I can select a profile in Action, but not Condition.
    Hi,

One trick you can do is, when you activate a profile, then create a variable name the profile's name and set it to yes. And even you activate sorbet prime, set it to no. Hence, you can use the variable value as a condition for that you want.

Enviado desde mi GT-N7000 usando Tapatalk 2
    09-17-2013 02:26 PM
    I have a Galaxy S2 that I'm trying to set up as follows:

Connect to car's bluetooth
    Turn off Wifi
    Switch to Car Mode (called Driving Mode on S2)

Disconnect BT
    Turn on Wifi
    Turn off Car Mode

The wifi part works OK but the phone is not turning on driving mode when connecting to BT. Any suggestions?

Thanks.
    09-17-2013 02:37 PM
    Small question:

I use Llama for some time now, but I've got 3 questions:
    • Whenever an event tries to turn off Wifi while connected, I just get a debug toast saying Wifi is not switched off because it is still connected. How do I force Wifi to switch off?
    • Is there a way to check if an app is active - eighter running in the foreground or in the background? And a trigger for when it is not running anymore?
    • I've got 2 Llama shortcuts to lock either silent mode or media mute manually. Is there a way to display a status notification and remove it a few seconds after? I just need to have a text like "Silent mode lock ON" scrolling over my status bar...

I've already set up numerous events
    Hi,

For the first one, you probably have the "turn wifi of if not connected", you have to change it to "turn wifi off"
    For the third one, you can use a reminder.

09-18-2013 12:24 AM
    I have a Galaxy S2 that I'm trying to set up as follows:

Connect to car's bluetooth
    Turn off Wifi
    Switch to Car Mode (called Driving Mode on S2)

Disconnect BT
    Turn on Wifi
    Turn off Car Mode

The wifi part works OK but the phone is not turning on driving mode when connecting to BT. Any suggestions?

Thanks.
    Are you on stock rom?

G4Zz0L1 likes this.
    09-18-2013 09:50 AM
    I have a question, although this may not be so much about Llama.

I have a "Phone Calls Only" profile created, where all I want is the phone to ring when there's a call incoming. I want to block all other audible and vibrating alerts. The profile blocks audio notifications like a champ, but doesn't block all vibrating alerts (it doesn't block at least K-9 vibrations and ScoreMobile. Maybe more.)

Under this profile, I have the following:

Ringtone volume: 4/7
    Notification volume: 0/7
    Change ring/vibrate/silent mode: check
    Choose vibrate mode: ring

Is there something I'm missing?
    09-18-2013 12:14 PM
    I'm on T-Mobile and am using their stock ROM.

I have a new problem as well. When connecting to Bluetooth, I had initially set up Llama to turn the screen on with the dim time set to never. Changed my mind on this and deleted the action but when I now connect to Bluetooth, the screen stays on unless I push the lock screen button on side to turn it off. I've gone into my phone settings and the screen is set to dim after 15 seconds, which it does when I'm not connected to bluetooth. Not sure what's happening but do I need to clear a cache or something Llama to get rid of an old setting that I've deleted?

A bit more info about my previous Car Mode problem, when I hit Test Actions, car mode is enabled and wifi is also disabled as I want. But when I connect to bluetooth, only wifi is disabled and car mode is not kicking in.

Thanks for any help..
    09-18-2013 06:06 PM
    Hi Raino,

I've got that condition setup running for a while now. But unfortunately it's not the thing I've been looking for (or at least not completely).

In case of my MP3 player, I could use Music Playback. But about Google Mpas or Waze: I've got a variable set indicating if navigation's turned on or not (either via Google Maps or via Waze). When my screen turns off, my mobile data connection (if away from home) is switched off. But when I've got my navigation app in the background (when I get a call, for example), the condition set returns false. But I don't want my data connection to drop at that moment. Not when the app is still running in the background, but when the app isn't running at all....

Greetz!
    09-19-2013 08:40 AM
    But I don't want my data connection to drop at that moment. Not when the app is still running in the background, but when the app isn't running at all....
    Maybe try amending the condition to also include "when app is stopped or in background," and Llama will match both? Hopefully by "stopped" it means "stopped but active" and not "stopped and not having been run for a while."
    09-19-2013 09:46 AM
    . . . to davidtm, can you explain a little more?
    Actually, a better restatement is that I have an event for being at Home, an area defined by 2 cells and my WiFi network (both name and MAC). I have another event for when I leave Home that is triggered by disconnection of my WiFi, and turns on BT for my car connection. However, when driving away, my phone will sometimes pick up the cells that are associated with Home, and it turns off BT. My car will not reconnect BT without turning off and restarting the car, so I'm stuck without my car/phone connection.

What am I missing?

Welcome back, and thanks for all the help!
    09-19-2013 06:17 PM
    Hopefully by "stopped" it means "stopped but active" and not "stopped and not having been run for a while."
    Hi Raino,

Unfortunately, the condition doesn't check if an app has been loaded. The help text comes down to "checks an app for running in foreground/not running in foreground". So when an app is running but not displayed (open app, press home key), the condition states the app is "stopped or running in background".

I don't know if Android itself makes a difference between a "loaded/unloaded" state and a "foreground/background" state...

That's what makes my question kinda difficult (if not impossible) to solve...

Cheers!
    09-20-2013 03:04 AM
    Actually, a better restatement is that I have an event for being at Home, an area defined by 2 cells and my WiFi network (both name and MAC). I have another event for when I leave Home that is triggered by disconnection of my WiFi, and turns on BT for my car connection. However, when driving away, my phone will sometimes pick up the cells that are associated with Home, and it turns off BT. My car will not reconnect BT without turning off and restarting the car, so I'm stuck without my car/phone connection.

What am I missing?

Welcome back, and thanks for all the help!
    Just add a queue event. When in area home queue event is bt device x not connected switch off bt after y sec :-)

Posted via Android Central App
    09-20-2013 06:54 AM
    Thanks. What I've tried instead was to add a delay to the event associated with arriving home, and that seems to work. How does one add a queue event?
    09-20-2013 09:53 PM
    Great thread guys, been messing around with Lhama for some days now and it seems to do most ( 95%) of all my tasks, just have to make sure no other apps interfere with this.

One question though involving the scenario/event which I'm trying to get to work.

Condition: Connected to car radio via bluetooth.
    (and)
    Condition: Phone starts ringing.

Action: Disconnect from car radio bluetooth
    (and)
    Action: Connect to my handsfree bluetooth

Does anyone have any ideas on how to do this?
    09-21-2013 12:53 PM
    Hello all & kurokirasama,

first of all, a big thank you for this thread & for kurokirasama's post: I like very much your idea to have Llama doing everything (including Juice Defender job). My needs are less complex than yours but still the result is quite nice. Could you have a look to my "adaptated" (from your work) events to tell me if I didn't do any huge mistake?

Event juice defender like wifi mgmt
    - Conditions:
    - Advanced: Repeat event every 15 minutes & stop if conditions are not met
    - Llama variable: when 'night' doesn't have value 'yes' (1)
    - Llama variable: when 'synchrowifi' has a value of 'yes' (2)
    - Actions:
    - Toggle WiFi: WiFi On
    - Variable llama: Set 'syncingwifi' to 'yes' (3)
    - Queued event start synchro: 8 seconds delay
    - Conditions: WiFi Network Connected: <Any WiFi network>
    - Actions:
    - Toggle Account Sync: Enable Sync, Request Update
    - Queued event deactivate synchro: 1 min delay
    - Actions:
    - Toggle Account Sync: Disable Sync
    - Llama variable: Set 'syncingwifi' to 'no'
    - Queued event stop synchro if not connected: 8 seconds delay (4)
    - Conditions: WiFi Network Disconnected: <Any WiFi network>
    - Actions:
    - Llama variable: Set 'syncingwifi' to 'no'
    - Toggle WiFi: WiFi Off

Event screen off & no wifi sync
    - Conditions:
    - Llama variable: when 'syncingwifi' has a value of 'no'
    - Screen on/off: Screen off
    - Actions:
    - Toggle WiFi: WiFi Off

Event juice defender like mobile data mgmt
    - Conditions:
    - Advanced: Repeat event every 15 minutes & stop if conditions are not met
    - Llama variable: when 'night' doesn't have value 'yes'
    - Llama variable: when 'synchromobiledata' has a value of 'yes'
    - Actions:
    - Toggle Mobile Data: Mobile Data On
    - Variable llama: Set 'syncingmobiledata' to 'yes'
    - Queued event start synchro: 8 seconds delay
    - Conditions: Mobile data connection: Mobile data connected
    - Actions:
    - Toggle Account Sync: Enable Sync, Request Update
    - Queued event deactivate synchro: 1 min delay
    - Actions:
    - Toggle Account Sync: Disable Sync
    - Llama variable: Set 'syncingmobiledata' to 'no'

Event screen off & no mobile data sync
    - Conditions:
    - Llama variable: when 'syncingmobiledata' has a value of 'no'
    - Screen on/off: Screen off
    - Actions:
    - Toggle Mobile Data: Mobile Data Off

Notes:
    (1) My night event start at 1:00AM every night (except if I have an event "on duty" in my calendar), put the phone on airplane mode, toggle Llama cell polling off & set Llama variable 'night' to 'yes'. My day event start at 6:20AM every day, remove the airplane mode, toggle Llama cell polling on & set Llama variable 'night' to 'no'
    (2) I didn't create the event: my goal is to have a full automated solution (for my usage)
    (3) I hope my understanding is good: the event to turn off WiFi is screen off & no wifi sync
    (4) I also saw sometimes this behavior: as a result I copied your work

Thanks a lot for reading

The next thing I will try to look at: the WiFi is activated at work (but without having all the time the WiFi network available): the idea is to add timeout & regular checks if not connected on WiFi network

EDIT:
    - I didn't see you posted your configuration & backup file in this post: I'm going to study it with care (thanks again)
    - I also saw this post from Olivier D & yours on WiFi polling: again very interessting
    I was wondering about this: as I see it now, wifi or mobile data is not switched off after your phone performed a synchronisation (except when it is not connected to a wifi). So wifi/mobile data is off, it's turned on and the phone does the synchro, but it stays on because nothing turns the wifi/mobile data off after the synchro event. Or am I missing something?
    09-24-2013 03:19 AM
    I was wondering about this: as I see it now, wifi or mobile data is not switched off after your phone performed a synchronisation (except when it is not connected to a wifi). So wifi/mobile data is off, it's turned on and the phone does the synchro, but it stays on because nothing turns the wifi/mobile data off after the synchro event. Or am I missing something?
    Hi,

i have separated wifi and data off events (in network control group), after ten seconds the screen turns off, when there no sync executing and there is no app that force data or wifi on with the screen off.

BR,
    09-24-2013 11:37 AM
    Thank you for your reply. I see what I missed now.

Now I am curious: apps that force data or wifi; this is done with a llama variable, correct?
    09-25-2013 05:05 AM
    Hello kurokirasama,

could you export & share your Llama conf please?

I remember it contains a lot of interesting stuff: I gave up during this summer configuring Llama. Since Juice Defender was working pretty well, it was not necessary for me to have Llama reproducing the same behavior (but it was interresting working on it); now, since I'm in Android 4.3 (& it seems Juice Defender is not compatible with this version), I think I will try again (but again with a simpler scope than yours (I mean without bank holidays, holidays & WE management)

Regards, Math
    09-25-2013 08:18 AM
    Thank you for your reply. I see what I missed now.

Now I am curious: apps that force data or wifi; this is done with a llama variable, correct?
    Yep, you can look at app network control group. It basically simulate Juice defender behaviour for this too.
    09-25-2013 09:27 AM
    Hello kurokirasama,

could you export & share your Llama conf please?

I remember it contains a lot of interesting stuff: I gave up during this summer configuring Llama. Since Juice Defender was working pretty well, it was not necessary for me to have Llama reproducing the same behavior (but it was interresting working on it); now, since I'm in Android 4.3 (& it seems Juice Defender is not compatible with this version), I think I will try again (but again with a simpler scope than yours (I mean without bank holidays, holidays & WE management)

Regards, Math
    Hi, here it is:

backup post

I decided to simulate JD job to eliminate one extra runnig app. Then only thing i haven't been able to simulate yet (the guy who introduce python scripts might help), is to keep data or wifi on when there is network traffic.
    MathP likes this.
    09-25-2013 09:33 AM
    Hello kurokirasama,

thanks a lot for the answer. I though you had change things in your Llama conf.

I will import & adapt your events to my need.

Regards, Math
    09-26-2013 03:52 AM
    Hello kurokirasama,

thanks a lot for the answer. I though you had change things in your Llama conf.

I will import & adapt your events to my need.

Regards, Math
    Right, sorry. Here it is my last version. It have just a few improvements.

LLama backup

BR
    MathP likes this.
    09-26-2013 10:42 AM
    Hello kurokirasama,

Thanks a lot!

I now have a lot of work to understand & tune it to my need

Regards, Math
    09-27-2013 09:10 AM
1,003 ... 1617181920 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD