01-25-2018 03:59 PM
1,003 ... 1718192021 ...
tools
    Wow. First of all, I feel like such a noob when I look at your llama list. So many automated commands!

In having trouble getting llama to repeat notifications. I want to set it so that llama will vibrate and play a sound every 10 mins if I have a whatsapp notification. I can't seem to get it to work. I used the OR condition with whatsapp notification bar icon between the hours of 8 to 11 and then set the event to play a custom vibration and a sound. I also changed it to repeat the event in the advanced tab but it won't work. How did you get it to work?
    10-07-2013 10:15 PM
    Wow. First of all, I feel like such a noob when I look at your llama list. So many automated commands!

In having trouble getting llama to repeat notifications. I want to set it so that llama will vibrate and play a sound every 10 mins if I have a whatsapp notification. I can't seem to get it to work. I used the OR condition with whatsapp notification bar icon between the hours of 8 to 11 and then set the event to play a custom vibration and a sound. I also changed it to repeat the event in the advanced tab but it won't work. How did you get it to work?
    Hi,
    It doesn't work because llama recognize only when a notification appears the first time...

Enviado desde mi GT-N7000 usando Tapatalk now Free
    eightdown likes this.
    10-08-2013 08:10 AM
    oh, well now i'm upset i spent so much time trying to figure it out. Wish there was a way to get this to work. guess i'm gonna have to reinstall tasker and get that to do it.

thanks for your quick reply.
    10-08-2013 06:26 PM
    Hi sorry if I've posted wrong, first time using the forum.

I've read most of the above thread in detail, but still have some issues with wifi polling and auto sms.

I'm running stock ROM (un-rooted) galaxy S4. I have the following issues:

1. Location - I have wifi polling enabled (with near home and home wifi areas) eg At "near home" when not at "home wifi" delay 3 minutes and then wifi poll 1 minute. This works just fine to trigger all my arrive home events. I then want to turn off polling (as Llama woke my phone 500 times according g-sam battery battery monitor), but if I set polling to never when leave "near home" or at "home wi-fi" my events which are triggered by leaving "home wi-fi" clearly won't fire. I don't run a pseudo Juice Defender event as I charge my phone in the car and at my desk during the day. I could set polling to off when connected to my known home wifi I suppose - I but I disable all data from 11pm - 7 am so this doesn't really work.

I also use known wifi's at work to trigger activating my work profile and turning off BT etc. I don't have permission to connect to these networks so their name literally acts a trigger to Llama knowing I'm at "work wi-fi ...I have near work cell towers set up too per my home profile). Again if I set polling to never when leave "near work" or when at "work wi-fi" my 'exit' events based on leaving work wi-fi won't trigger.

HELP.....

2. I've downloaded the auto-sms plugin and followed all the instructions but it just won't work. I want to auto sms my wife when I'm leaving the office (as it's never at a set time).

Thanks in advance for the help.
    10-09-2013 04:09 AM
    Hi,

I'm curious about using the Android intents. Does anybody have some good examples and some explanation over how to input the intents?

For example: I want to show a toast on certain events. Something like "Media is silenced" or "Media volume enabled". How do I do that?

Cheers!
    10-09-2013 05:06 AM
    Hi sorry if I've posted wrong, first time using the forum.

I've read most of the above thread in detail, but still have some issues with wifi polling and auto sms.

I'm running stock ROM (un-rooted) galaxy S4. I have the following issues:

1. Location - I have wifi polling enabled (with near home and home wifi areas) eg At "near home" when not at "home wifi" delay 3 minutes and then wifi poll 1 minute. This works just fine to trigger all my arrive home events. I then want to turn off polling (as Llama woke my phone 500 times according g-sam battery battery monitor), but if I set polling to never when leave "near home" or at "home wi-fi" my events which are triggered by leaving "home wi-fi" clearly won't fire. I don't run a pseudo Juice Defender event as I charge my phone in the car and at my desk during the day. I could set polling to off when connected to my known home wifi I suppose - I but I disable all data from 11pm - 7 am so this doesn't really work.

I also use known wifi's at work to trigger activating my work profile and turning off BT etc. I don't have permission to connect to these networks so their name literally acts a trigger to Llama knowing I'm at "work wi-fi ...I have near work cell towers set up too per my home profile). Again if I set polling to never when leave "near work" or when at "work wi-fi" my 'exit' events based on leaving work wi-fi won't trigger.

HELP.....

2. I've downloaded the auto-sms plugin and followed all the instructions but it just won't work. I want to auto sms my wife when I'm leaving the office (as it's never at a set time).

Thanks in advance for the help.
    Hi,

You have to set wifi polling to never. If you're are constantly connected to wifi, when it disconnects it should recognize you aren't there anymore.
    If you are not always connected, you can add an event so that if your leave your near areas, wifi turns on, so it realize you aren't there anymore.

I use locale send sms plugin so I can't help you with that

Br

10-10-2013 06:51 PM
    Hi,

You have to set wifi polling to never. If you're are constantly connected to wifi, when it disconnects it should recognize you aren't there anymore.
    If you are not always connected, you can add an event so that if your leave your near areas, wifi turns on, so it realize you aren't there anymore.

I use locale send sms plugin so I can't help you with that

Br

Thanks the developer states if you set to never leave WiFi area events won't trigger...but will give it a go. For work my leave event will take too long if I hang it off the near area as it's quite large?

Posted via Android Central App
    10-11-2013 04:55 AM
    Thanks the developer states if you set to never leave WiFi area events won't trigger...but will give it a go. For work my leave event will take too long if I hang it off the near area as it's quite large?

Posted via Android Central App
    That's true. And that's another advantage of the scheduled synchro events. They work as a wifi polling...

10-12-2013 09:23 AM
    First time poster. I found Llama last week, but am having trouble getting it to do what I want, so hoping someone who is a lot more knowledgeable can help. There are some similar events already listed in the pages of this thread, but I get some conflicts with my requirements. My events centre around mobile data being on/off at ceertain times/scenarios. What I'm wanting to do is:

1. Night time disable mobile data (3g)
    2. Daytime when screen off - disable mobile data, but have it enable occasionally (eg. for 1min, 3 times per hour, so every 20mins). Completely seperate to #3 below
    3. Daytime when screen on (ie. keypad security successfully unlocked) - mobile data activated, and then turns off when phone locked/screen off (same thing on my phone), preferably with a 30second delay in case the screen timesout by accident.

I got this partially working but am doing something wrong as there are several things not happening, or unexpected behaviours with how I have things setup. Happy to detail my events if it will help.

Also, since I am not using location based events at all, is it normal for the Llama icon to be in the notification bar all the time, and is there a way to hide this?
    10-15-2013 12:06 AM
    You can change the icon under Settings > Notification Mode
    10-17-2013 01:25 PM
    You can change the icon under Settings > Notification Mode
    Thanks for the info. It's appearing as I'd like it to now.

I'm still struggling to get the events working as I'd like as mentioned in my previous post (2 above). Initially I'd like to just get things working regardless of time of day, and I think I can then add that in easily afterwards, probably with a time condition on whatever the correct setup is for the below. Ultimately I'd like to have the below stuff working say 6.30am - 10:30pm, and then have mobile data disabled all the time between 10:30pm - 6.30am.

I'm trying to have the phone so that if the screen is on, 3g is on, and if the screen is off, then 3g is disabled, but then enables for 2mins every 20 (ie. it's then off for 18mins before coming back on again), until such time as the screen is turned on. I have a lockscreen, so I don't know if Llama differentiates between screen on - locked (eg. press the button to check the time), and screen on - unlocked (eg. security code entered and using the phone.

I have this:

Event 1:
    Conditions: Screen Off
    Delay: None (ideally I'd like mobile data to turn off about 30secs after turning the screen off)
    Cancel Delay if False: Checked.
    Repeat Event: Yes - every 20mins
    Actions: Mobile Data Off
    Queue another event (Event 2)

Event 2:
    Queue Delay: 20mins
    Conditions: None
    Actions: Toggle mobile data ON
    Queue another event (Event 3)

Event 3:
    Queue Delay: 2mins
    Conditions: None
    Actions: Toggle Mobile data OFF

I think I've stuffed this up but no idea what I've done wrong. Any ideas?
    10-17-2013 11:22 PM
    latest beta available here

Llama.1.2013.10.16.2004
    10-21-2013 04:51 AM
    I've been using this app for a few days now, mostly messing with it and testing, after I decided tasker was much to complicated for me.

I have an idea what I want it to do but not sure how to achieve it. I've read most of the thread but there's so much going on! I just deleted my settings to start fresh using MathP and kurokirasama's (very complex) settings.

One thing I'm not sure I understand are the Llama variable, how do they work or what do you put in the blanks? If I have a event or profile does the IF variable reference these (what you put in the blank) and their either yes or no?

---edit---

I'm not sure if it's placebo effect or something else but it's as if I have poorer (or no) coverage since installing Llama. Anyone else notice similar or know how I can check this isnt the case or un-do something? I'm using a Nexus 4 on Jelly Bean
    10-21-2013 08:04 AM
    Is it possible to setup llama situation when using Google Voice that it will not ask me if I want to use GV when calling a certain number?

Example: When calling my parents I do not want to use GV #
    10-21-2013 11:35 AM
    I don't understand why people are disabling WiFi and Data instead of simply disabling Auto-Sync. You achieve the same battery savings (I think), but it doesn't interfere with your usage (for example, if you want to use the browser).
    10-28-2013 04:15 PM
    I don't understand why people are disabling WiFi and Data instead of simply disabling Auto-Sync. You achieve the same battery savings (I think), but it doesn't interfere with your usage (for example, if you want to use the browser).
    Well, I empirically checked myself that leaving wifi and data on with the screen off consume way more battery that if you don't. Of course that this can change device to device.

Enviado desde mi GT-N7000 mediante Tapatalk
    gusar2000 likes this.
    11-01-2013 08:48 AM
    Of course with sync off

Enviado desde mi GT-N7000 mediante Tapatalk
    11-01-2013 08:50 AM
    Can anyone give me a hand with disabling the screenlock when I'm connected to my home wifi please?

I used llama for this a while back but changed to Unlock With Wifi. I'm now getting a bit annoyed with UWW taking ages to lock when I leave my house sometimes. Now I can't remember how I did it with Llama and can't find the thread online that i used.

I want the pin lock enabled when not connected to my home wifi, and then only enter the pin once when I return home and it stays disabled.
    11-04-2013 10:24 AM
    Can anyone give me a hand with disabling the screenlock when I'm connected to my home wifi please?

I used llama for this a while back but changed to Unlock With Wifi. I'm now getting a bit annoyed with UWW taking ages to lock when I leave my house sometimes. Now I can't remember how I did it with Llama and can't find the thread online that i used.

I want the pin lock enabled when not connected to my home wifi, and then only enter the pin once when I return home and it stays disabled.
    D'oh...read this post earlier in the day, and PMed you after reading another thread where you said you had figured it out. I was going to ask you for a solution and reply...to you.

I'm also interested in this (if I can't figure out how to disable the screen lock when an active app is running,) if I come across anything I'll share my results.
    11-04-2013 01:11 PM
    Right, so I've set it to 'disable screen lock after an unlock' when connected to my wifi, but it doesn't work very well. It stays unlocked for a few seconds, but then after a minute or so it will lock again. Or if I press the power button to turn the screen off it will lock.

I'm sure that previously I used 'screen lock password' and I read somewhere to set the password to blank (or 0000?) when I connect to wifi. I might be wrong on that though because I can't remember exactly and can't find the original post! I tried it though and it worked, but then I thought if someone had my phone and stood outside my house it would unlock my phone just by connecting.

This must be easier than I'm making it!
    11-04-2013 02:07 PM
    Right, so I've set it to 'disable screen lock after an unlock' when connected to my wifi, but it doesn't work very well. It stays unlocked for a few seconds, but then after a minute or so it will lock again. Or if I press the power button to turn the screen off it will lock.

I'm sure that previously I used 'screen lock password' and I read somewhere to set the password to blank (or 0000?) when I connect to wifi. I might be wrong on that though because I can't remember exactly and can't find the original post! I tried it though and it worked, but then I thought if someone had my phone and stood outside my house it would unlock my phone just by connecting.

This must be easier than I'm making it!
    Instead of being on a WiFi network, I've also tried an 'active app' condition, and it doesn't work. So either we are both not designing this event properly, or the feature doesn't work too well.
    11-04-2013 03:24 PM
    Right, I've got it working using the Secure Settings plugin. https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ettings.plugin There's a setting to enter PIN once before unlocking which is what I wanted. I would've thought Llama could do this by itself. Whether or not this will work better than Unlock With Wifi we will have to wait and see...
    11-05-2013 09:31 AM
    Good point, and although I haven't tested it, I find that there are enough things other than the google account auto-sync that are also using data/causing battery drain whilst the phone is effectively in standby. For this reason I have mine use events (no location stuff) to toggle data on/off for a couple of minutes 3 or 4 times an hour during the daytime, and then no data overnight. This runs with another event that turns data on once I have unlocked the phone no matter what time of day. I find I get good battery savings with this setup.
    11-05-2013 11:52 PM
    Hi Guys,
    Question - if I create event, e.g. turn Bluetooth ON between 8 and 9, would it turn it ON at 8 and turn OFF at 9, or would it turn it ON at 8 and NEVER turn OFF (unless another event fires, which turns it OFF)? I observe some inconsistencies in Llama behaviour...
    11-06-2013 09:01 AM
    Hi Guys,
    Question - if I create event, e.g. turn Bluetooth ON between 8 and 9, would it turn it ON at 8 and turn OFF at 9, or would it turn it ON at 8 and NEVER turn OFF (unless another event fires, which turns it OFF)? I observe some inconsistencies in Llama behaviour...
    I'd create an off sub-event too. I have some events that trigger a landscape rotation when certain apps are running, and unless I create the off sub-event, the rotation never gets turned off.
    11-06-2013 11:34 AM
1,003 ... 1718192021 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD