01-25-2018 03:59 PM
1,003 ... 2122232425 ...
tools
    Hi C Robson,

Also check the "cancel if false" option in the delay settings. Of you don't, you'll get the error if the conditions trigger twice within the delay period. Most of the times when you use a delay, you'll want to turn that option on.

Fort this to work, you'll have to delay the queuing and it's a good idea to add a 1 second delay to the queued event. This means:

Main event: delay x minutes y seconds (cancel if false) - conditions - queue sub event
    Sub event: delay 1 second - actions

Posted via Android Central App using Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini
    01-28-2014 04:25 PM
    Thanks for answering raino and bveyndhoven.

I did get it to work today by turning off the error notifications and now it runs without any problem
    This might not be the "correct" way to do it but it fixed my problem so im happy!
    01-29-2014 08:46 AM
    Is it possible in llama to setup up an event that takes a photo with front camera if the password/pattern is incorrect and forward it to an email..
    I tried this in tasker but i didn't get it to run correctly
    01-30-2014 07:48 AM
    Is it possible to set my phone to switch to 4G when it is charging and connected to mobile data using Llama?
    It doesn't seem to work.
    My phone is a rooted Samsung Galaxy S3 Android version 4.1.2
    Thank you in advance for your help.
    02-04-2014 10:37 AM
    Does somebody know if it's possible to disable the alarm if a specific event is in the agenda or if I can play a sound with llama every day except if there is a special event in the agenda?
    Cannot find how to disable the alarm and/or play a sound only if event "x" is not in the agenda.
    02-05-2014 09:16 AM
    Is it possible to set my phone to switch to 4G when it is charging and connected to mobile data using Llama?
    It doesn't seem to work.
    My phone is a rooted Samsung Galaxy S3 Android version 4.1.2
    Thank you in advance for your help.
    The 4G action should do that. I can't test that, my phone is 3G only.
    Condition AND (match all) Charging and Mobile data
    You could try both mobile data conditions, mobile data connection and mobile data enabled/disabled.
    Maybe delay for a few seconds 4G to wait for the network signal.

Does somebody know if it's possible to disable the alarm if a specific event is in the agenda or if I can play a sound with llama every day except if there is a special event in the agenda?
    Cannot find how to disable the alarm and/or play a sound only if event "x" is not in the agenda.
    Create a profile with alarm volume muted.
    Create an event with the calendar as condition and change profile as action.
    The calendar condition has the options of Event start/Current event or Event finished/Not current event.
    02-06-2014 07:59 AM
    Ah yeah, I didn't look at profiles, thank you!
    02-07-2014 07:48 AM
    I would really like to be able to use this app, but I can't get it to pick up any cell masts at all. At home I use a Sprint airave (voip) and don't know if this is even supported. At work though I have 4g but I can set it for hours to learn the area and it doesn't find any cells. Using a Moto X. Any ideas?
    02-12-2014 08:32 AM
    How do I get Llama area's to include my wifi network? I can't seem to find it but on their site it has mention that it's possible.
    02-18-2014 11:09 AM
    Also if I have a action that turns on wifi polling, how do I disable it then, or will it just run for x mins? Does wifi polling mean I can disable my wifi, then when it's polling it detects a wifi network and turns on?

I pretty much did as they have on their site:
    I use Wifi polling, but want to save more battery. How can I do this?

You can use Llama's events to increase and decrease the frequency that Llama checks for nearby Wifi networks. First of all, learn all of the phone cells near your desired area. We'll use 'home' in this example. Then create an event defined as Enter home -> set Wifi Polling to 5 minutes, and another event defined as Leave home -> set Wifi Polling to Never. Now create another area called 'home (wifi)' and teach Llama which Wifi networks can be found at your home. Create any other events based on entering/leaving the 'home (wifi)' area.

What this does is teach Llama that there is a big area where your home is, and it should start checking to see if the smaller area that is your actual home is nearby. There is no point having Wifi polling turned on if you are on the subway or out of town, and those two rules make sure it's not being used.

Depending on what other events you have, you can of course go one better and say Enter home (wifi) -> Set Wifi Polling to never. This will stop checking for wifi networks if it's already seen that you are at home. However, if you have any leave home (wifi) events, they won't run.
    I managed to add the wifi network to the area, I found it in "recent" and that I could add it.

I have an event now named Enter home area which enables wifi polling when I enter my home area based on cell masts and sets a variable "Home" to "Nearby"

I have another event named Home which sets a variable "At home" to "Home"when in my Home Wifi area.

At the moment I'm just using these variables to disable my screen lock but I want to make up a few more for periodically turning on wifi and checking for emails etc while at home.
    02-18-2014 02:04 PM
    Is it possible to set up this?

I have now an event that my screen is off, Wifi turns off and than goes on 9 min later and again off. And so on.
    But now I want for example download something from my Dropbox/Google Drive. It's a large file, so the screen turns off.... and because of that event the downloads will be canceled.
    So I want to set up that when a program is downloading something and screens turns off, the wifi won't turned off, but only when files are downloaded.
    02-18-2014 03:00 PM
    Hi,
    Just found this thread. I've been using Llama for a while and have a query about whether Llama can run scripts. The dev doesn't seem to reply much to emails any more so I don't know if this is beyond Llama and I will have to bite the bullet and learn to use Tasker.
    I have a simple script to run fstrim on my /data /cache and /system partitions ay 04:00 every day at /data/local/fstrim.sh Anyone had any success with scripts in Llama?
    Thanks
    03-02-2014 06:01 AM
    Is it possible to set up this?

I have now an event that my screen is off, Wifi turns off and than goes on 9 min later and again off. And so on.
    But now I want for example download something from my Dropbox/Google Drive. It's a large file, so the screen turns off.... and because of that event the downloads will be canceled.
    So I want to set up that when a program is downloading something and screens turns off, the wifi won't turned off, but only when files are downloaded.
    You could create a variable each for your Dropbox/Google Drive/etc. and modify your WiFi off into a conditional event, where if, say, your 'Dropbox' variable does not have a value of Yes, the event (WiFi off) will not fire. I think you'll also need to create this event for each variable you come up with:

Condtion: active/foreground app is Dropbox
    Event: set Llama variable Dropbox to 'Yes'

You'd also want to set a queued event for when your active/foreground app is not Dropbox, etc., and the event for this condition would simply be to set Dropbox variable to 'No.' If you don't do this and modify your WiFi event like below, I think your WiFi will never turn off.

So your existing WiFi off event would look something like this:

Conditions:
    1. 9 minutes elapsed since screen dimming (or however you have it worded already)
    2. When 'Dropbox' does not have a value of 'Yes'
    3. When 'Google Drive' does not have a value of 'Yes'

Event: Turn WiFi off (or however you have it worded already)
    Timon Mulder likes this.
    03-03-2014 04:11 PM
    Yes, I use a car charger, so I taught llama to start BT when I plug in my phone. This way Llama always knows when you need the BT. I have another rule to turn off BT 5 mins after i unplug. Reply if interested and i will paste the rules here.
    03-07-2014 01:38 PM
    I also need a bit of help. I need a rule for saving battery. I had a rule before in which as soon as I turned off the screen the data would go off. Then I had another rule in which a delayed event was set-up in 10 minutes (to turn on data for 1 min), then off again. And it worked. But sadly I didn't back the rules when i updated the OS and lost them. Since i am not very good at logic, I can re-make this one by myself. Anyone?
    03-07-2014 01:42 PM
    Yes, I use a car charger, so I taught llama to start BT when I plug in my phone. This way Llama always knows when you need the BT. I have another rule to turn off BT 5 mins after i unplug. Reply if interested and i will paste the rules here.
    Yeah, I'm interested in these events. Please post.
    03-07-2014 03:05 PM
    Yeah, I'm interested in these events. Please post.
    Here you go: https://plus.google.com/u/1/11474229...ts/SAgshfmBFru
    03-08-2014 02:09 AM
    Thanks. I thought you had figured out a way to turn on BT only when your car charger is plugged in. The event you have right now must be turning it on whenever you plug your phone in to any AC charger, right?
    03-08-2014 03:36 PM
    Thanks. I thought you had figured out a way to turn on BT only when your car charger is plugged in. The event you have right now must be turning it on whenever you plug your phone in to any AC charger, right?
    Right, but that's cuz for some reason (maybe the cheap knock-off Chinese car charger, or the phone's inability to distinguish between an AC/DC and 12 V charge) the One doesn't know. So... I'm happy with it, it turns on the BT whenever I charge and turns it off in 5, my only BT connection is the car at the moment.
    03-09-2014 01:13 PM
    Btw, does anybody knows how to turn off ALL toast notifications on Llama? And yes, I turned them off in Developer's menu, any other way?
    03-09-2014 01:15 PM
    Btw, does anybody knows how to turn off ALL toast notifications on Llama? And yes, I turned them off in Developer's menu, any other way?
    Download xposed framework and install burnt toasts
    03-20-2014 12:07 PM
    Has anybody found a way to use autovoice with llama?
    03-20-2014 12:09 PM
    Hi everyone, I am new to Llama and so far it is terrific! That being said I want to set up an action in my Left work event that after 530pm it does an action that sends my wife a text saying "I left work". I figured it would be something like run application, but I have no idea how to pass a string of text saying "I left work". Does anybody have this set up?
    03-29-2014 10:04 AM
    I'm using an app called Better Direct Dial to initiate a text at a certain time. It sets up an outgoing text, but I enter the message and send it manually. Play with it and see if it meets your needs.
    03-29-2014 10:46 AM
    Check out the 1st page, there's a guy there (greyopaque) asking for the same thing, he's using a Locale plugin, maybe PM him to ask for details?
    03-30-2014 06:13 AM
1,003 ... 2122232425 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD