01-25-2018 03:59 PM
1,003 ... 2526272829 ...
tools
    @msurg

Even with this option turned off LLama should know which area you are in, right?
    No. Llama will not know that you are in an area you defined with SSID (or with MAC address).
    Llama will still know that you are in an area you defined with cell ID, though.
    But, you already know that ↓.
    In my case my WiFi SSID is Coconut and the area which Coconut is in is named as Home_Wifi.
    When "Check for WiFi Networks" is checked LLama knows the area and shows as "Home_wifi". When it is not checked Llama shows it as "Unknown Area" while it is already connected to Coconut.
    Fow known networks, regardless of "Check for WiFi Networks" option Llama should know the WiFi Network when it is connected to that network, right?
    Correct. Llama is aware of the SSID you are connected to. You can run events off of the network you connected to/disconnected from.
    However, Llama doesn't know that you are in the area you defined with the SSID (Why? Because you turned off the option).
    Since Llama doesn't know you are in the area defined by the SSID, you can't run events off of entering/leaving the area.
    But, you already know that ↓.
    I am sure that Llama is aware of SSID name because events with SSID name (Coconut) trigger normally where events with area name (Home_Wifi) don't.
    I am sorry but I really don't know what question you are asking.
    07-17-2014 02:00 AM
    @edithswanneck
    It is possible

1) Install a script editor, either Script Manager, or SL4A.
    2) Write a script to delete your files using the script editor you chose in 1).
    Sample script here.
    3) Use locale plugin action (SL4A) or application shortcut action (Script Manager) in Llama to run your script.

Enjoy
    That sounds a bit over my head, although if it's as easy as the sample looks then I might be okay. Thanks for the help! I'll try and give it a go over the weekend.
    07-17-2014 03:28 PM
    Hey guys, just starting with Llama and having a problem which I realize is very basic. I want Llama to do the same thing Battery Defender does: turn off wifi when the screen turns off and then turn wifi back on when the screen is on (no, that's not all, wait for it). Now, I'm able to make an event turning off wifi when the screen is off, that's easy of course, and to turn it on when the screen is on - both events work. The thing is, I only want wifi to turn BACK on when the screen is on - only if it HAD BEEN CONNECTED BEFORE THE SCREEN WENT OFF; that is, I don't want wifi to turn on just because the screen is on and eat my battery when I'm on the bus or something. I hope I'm being clear. I'd very much appreciate your help!
    07-25-2014 06:16 AM
    Hey guys, just starting with Llama and having a problem which I realize is very basic. I want Llama to do the same thing Battery Defender does: turn off wifi when the screen turns off and then turn wifi back on when the screen is on (no, that's not all, wait for it). Now, I'm able to make an event turning off wifi when the screen is off, that's easy of course, and to turn it on when the screen is on - both events work. The thing is, I only want wifi to turn BACK on when the screen is on - only if it HAD BEEN CONNECTED BEFORE THE SCREEN WENT OFF; that is, I don't want wifi to turn on just because the screen is on and eat my battery when I'm on the bus or something. I hope I'm being clear. I'd very much appreciate your help!
    With cell area conditions you can make Llama learn where you want the wifi conditions to trigger. If your trusted wifi your device connects to automatically is at work, when you're at work make Llama recognize the cells as your "at work area". It's close to what you want to do. And just to let you know, every possible conditions you can set up are in the conditions list. If it doesn't exist, then Llama cannot simply execute it.
    07-26-2014 02:56 AM
    Thanks for your reply. Yeah, I know all that, but I don't want wifi to always connect in certain locations, only to reconnect if the connection was broken by a screen off→wifi off action. Maybe Llama just can't do that, although that would surprise me given the multitude of the conditions and actions it offers...
    07-26-2014 05:38 AM
    @kaixokaixo
    If you want “only to reconnect if the connection was broken by a screen off→wifi off action”, then just let Llama know whether the connection was broken by this action or by you manually, then tell Llama to turn wifi back on only when it was broken by its action.
    Easy, isn’t it?

If you are connected to a wifi network when the screen goes off, have Llama turn wifi off and set a Llama variable (name it whatever you want) =1. This variable will let Llama know that the connection was broken by its action. When the screen comes back on, have Llama check this variable, and have wifi turned back on only if the variable has a value of 1. Make sure to reset the variable =0 in the same event, or when you are connected to a network again. Otherwise, the variable stays =1 forever.

Any question? Let us know.
    07-27-2014 05:55 AM
    Hi guys,

I have been reading these forums for sometime now and I NEED your help!

I love Llama and I HATE Llama!
    I am not a newbie with android phones...

I currently have this setup for Work:
    Mon-Fri, 8-5, Vibrate (gave up on tower cells for Work area as they keep disconnecting)

EACH TIME there is a call, my phone switches to Normal and RINGS! It started to upset people in the office.

What could be the reason to it?

Normal, cottage, screen disable, wi-fi ...all works fine! except for WORK events.z
    07-29-2014 10:03 AM
    Hi,
    Could you post the details of the event and profile you are having the issue with?

I currently have this setup for Work:
    Mon-Fri, 8-5, Vibrate (gave up on tower cells for Work area as they keep disconnecting)

EACH TIME there is a call, my phone switches to Normal and RINGS! It started to upset people in the office.

What could be the reason to it?
    07-29-2014 03:34 PM
    Llama - Who's Using It and Any Good Examples?-screenshot_2014-07-30-07-59-51.jpgLlama - Who's Using It and Any Good Examples?-screenshot_2014-07-29-16-56-44.jpgLlama - Who's Using It and Any Good Examples?-screenshot_2014-07-29-16-56-31.jpg
    Hi,
    Could you post the details of the event and profile you are having the issue with?

Hi,

thank you kindly for your help!
    I use Quiet @Work Event and Work Profile
    I have attached these images
    07-30-2014 06:58 AM
    Hi,

thank you kindly for your help!
    I use Quiet @Work Event and Work Profile
    I have attached these images
    I have a similar event (minus the Bluetooth action,) and the only difference is that under Conditions, I have days (just like you,) but unlike you, I have time nested under the And condition. My event works 100% of the time, so why don't you give it a try?
    07-30-2014 12:43 PM
    Hey,
    Thank you for your tip!
    I will try it asap!

I have a similar event (minus the Bluetooth action,) and the only difference is that under Conditions, I have days (just like you,) but unlike you, I have time nested under the And condition. My event works 100% of the time, so why don't you give it a try?
    07-30-2014 12:56 PM
    Hey,
    Thank you for your tip!
    I will try it asap!
    I have changed the set up to include "And" condition.
    When I call from work phone to my cell phone - profile works - correction - WORKED ONE TIME - then phone switches to Normal Profile with silent ringing...so bizarre !
    If my hubby calls me from his cell phone - phone starts ringing. He is NOT set up to be Noisy contact in this Profile.

I Really don't know what's going on.
    07-30-2014 01:22 PM
    I have changed the set up to include "And" condition.
    When I call from work phone to my cell phone - profile works - correction - WORKED ONE TIME - then phone switches to Normal Profile with silent ringing...so bizarre !
    If my hubby calls me from his cell phone - phone starts ringing. He is NOT set up to be Noisy contact in this Profile.

I Really don't know what's going on.
    I think I figured it out.
    I had Event called Leave Work:
    Work area, 5- 6, change to Normal and enable Bluetooth for 20m in.

As I am having issues with Work towel cells (on/off, on/off), my phone kept on disconnecting from towers hence activating Normal Profile.

Hopefully that's what it was
    07-30-2014 01:43 PM
    Is there a way through Llama to enable screen rotation in the browser only when a video is playing? At all other times, I'd like to keep orientation locked/under manual control.
    07-30-2014 03:14 PM
    I have it set up to Rotation for Youtube and Picture viewing.

not sure about the browser.

Is there a way through Llama to enable screen rotation in the browser only when a video is playing? At all other times, I'd like to keep orientation locked/under manual control.
    07-30-2014 03:48 PM
    I have it set up to Rotation for Youtube and Picture viewing.

not sure about the browser.
    Thanks. I have those two as well. I was just wondering if I can set it for this very specific condition. I don't usually rotate my browser otherwise. As far as I can tell, it seems to be an all-or-nothing deal
    07-30-2014 03:56 PM
    Hi everyone, this s a great thread!

I use the change screen lock password action to disable the password screen lock, would it still work if I enable full disk encryption (or at least external sd encryption)?

Thanks a lot
    07-30-2014 04:11 PM
    I was just wondering if I can set it for this very specific condition. I don't usually rotate my browser otherwise. As far as I can tell, it seems to be an all-or-nothing deal
    I don't think Llama is your solution. Just use a browser or a dedicated app that throwd URL's with specific patterns to another app of your choice (i.e., a video player). Your video player then may rotate on its own, or use Llama to rotate screen when the player pops up.
    07-31-2014 01:48 AM
    Hello, all.

I've got a Galaxy S4, and the new building I work in gets a terrible signal. I constantly drop to 3G, and even 1x, resulting in my phone always searching for a 4G signal and draining the battery significantly. I've set up an event for Llama to turn off 4G when I arrive at work, and to turn it back on when I leave, but my phone still heats up and loses power very quickly. Any thoughts? Does the 4G option in Llama just not work?
    08-06-2014 05:01 PM
    I have been using Llama for sometime. I have numerous events and they work wonderfully.
    But now, I have run into a scenario where I am not able to figure out. I would welcome some help.

I have an app WiFi Tether Router that can enable WiFi hot spot tethering (and bypass the native Android Mobile Hotspot so that I can avoid paying additional fees even thought I have unlimited data plan). Problem is that it doesn't work well with setting Allow Wi-Fi scanning = Y.

At first I tried using Condition Active application to trigger Action = Locale plugin:Secure Settings Wifi Scanning.

Example:
    Conditions:
    Active application:When the current app is WiFi Tether Router
    Actions:
    Locale plugin:Secure Setting Wifi Scanning Disabled

and the inverse:
    Conditions:
    Active application:When the current app is not WiFi Tether Router
    Actions:
    Locale plugin:Secure Setting Wifi Scanning Enabled

The problem with this is the app WiFi Tether Router is running; it is a setting in that app Enable/Disable WiFi router that I need to trigger Locale plugin:Secure Settings Wifi Scanning off/on respectively.

I solve half the problem by using this (turning Wifi Scanning off) :
    Conditions:
    App Notification Bar Icon:WiFi Tether Router
    Actions:

But I don't know how I can trigger Wifi Scanning back on.
    08-12-2014 04:39 PM
    I never used WiFi Tether Router or changed wifi scanning setting, either. So whatever I say might not be much of help.
    In general, the ability of Llama to interact with other apps is very limited, unless the apps you want to use with Llama have useful shortcut or intent actions.
    Especially for event conditions, Llama can only recognize whether an app is in foreground or when it shows a notification.
    I assume your WiFi Tether Router does not show notification when you disable WiFi router. Otherwise you would be using it to enable wifi scanning.
    My default way of dealing with Llama's inability to monitor other apps' actions is not dealing with it. So, instead of having an event that looks like;

Condition: when app A does B.
    Action: app C does D.

I would instead have something like;

Condition: (whatever)
    Action: app A does B AND app C does D

Of course, app A and C have to have shortcut or intent that points to the specific actions you want to control (B and D above), like the intent you use to enable/disable wifi scanning. So, if your WiFi Tether Router has options to enable/disable router by shortcut or intent you can do it this way.
    You can place a shortcut to the event like this on home screen or in a sub launcher for easy operation, or give it some conditions if you want the event to automatically run in certain time/locations.
    If WiFi Tether Router doesn't have a shortcut ready for you to use, you can write to the developer and ask about an intent to enable/disable router.
    Alternatively, you can switch to another router app that has a shortcut ready for you to use.

On a separate note, if your WiFi Tether Router gives you a toast when you disable router, there is at least one tool that convert toasts into notifications.
    You then might be able to use the notification to enable wifi scanning.

I have been using Llama for sometime. I have numerous events and they work wonderfully.
    But now, I have run into a scenario where I am not able to figure out. I would welcome some help.

I have an app WiFi Tether Router that can enable WiFi hot spot tethering (and bypass the native Android Mobile Hotspot so that I can avoid paying additional fees even thought I have unlimited data plan). Problem is that it doesn't work well with setting Allow Wi-Fi scanning = Y.

At first I tried using Condition Active application to trigger Action = Locale plugin:Secure Settings Wifi Scanning.

Example:
    Conditions:
    Active application:When the current app is WiFi Tether Router
    Actions:

and the inverse:
    Conditions:
    Active application:When the current app is not WiFi Tether Router
    Actions:
    Locale plugin:Secure Setting Wifi Scanning Enabled

The problem with this is the app WiFi Tether Router is running; it is a setting in that app Enable/Disable WiFi router that I need to trigger Locale plugin:Secure Settings Wifi Scanning off/on respectively.

I solve half the problem by using this (turning Wifi Scanning off) :
    Conditions:
    App Notification Bar Icon:WiFi Tether Router
    Actions:

But I don't know how I can trigger Wifi Scanning back on.
    08-13-2014 08:24 PM
    I never used WiFi Tether Router or changed wifi scanning setting, either. So whatever I say might not be much of help.
    In general, the ability of Llama to interact with other apps is very limited, unless the apps you want to use with Llama have useful shortcut or intent actions.
    Especially for event conditions, Llama can only recognize whether an app is in foreground or when it shows a notification.
    I assume your WiFi Tether Router does not show notification when you disable WiFi router. Otherwise you would be using it to enable wifi scanning.
    My default way of dealing with Llama's inability to monitor other apps' actions is not dealing with it. So, instead of having an event that looks like;

Condition: when app A does B.
    Action: app C does D.

I would instead have something like;

Condition: (whatever)
    Action: app A does B AND app C does D

Of course, app A and C have to have shortcut or intent that points to the specific actions you want to control (B and D above), like the intent you use to enable/disable wifi scanning. So, if your WiFi Tether Router has options to enable/disable router by shortcut or intent you can do it this way.
    You can place a shortcut to the event like this on home screen or in a sub launcher for easy operation, or give it some conditions if you want the event to automatically run in certain time/locations.
    If WiFi Tether Router doesn't have a shortcut ready for you to use, you can write to the developer and ask about an intent to enable/disable router.
    Alternatively, you can switch to another router app that has a shortcut ready for you to use.

On a separate note, if your WiFi Tether Router gives you a toast when you disable router, there is at least one tool that convert toasts into notifications.
    You then might be able to use the notification to enable wifi scanning.
    Thanks for the reply. I have a very basic concept of intent action. I'll google it and see what I can learn.
    You guess correctly, when WiFi Tether Router enables WiFi hot spot tethering it sends notification which is what I have Llama look for to disable Wifi Scanning. And yes you are correct that when WiFi Tether Router disables WiFi hot spot tethering it does not send notification (it removes the notification).

WiFi Tether Router does have a widget that toggles enable/disable WiFi hot spot tethering and I do have that on a homescreen. Would I be able to use that with intents?

I do notice that when I enable/disable WiFi hot spot tethering there is a message that flashes
    "<spinner> Enabling Wifi Router, Wait..." and "<spinner> Disabling Wifi Router, Wait..." Is that toast and would/how can I use that as trigger?
    UPDATE: Converting toasting to notification didn't work. The message for WiFi Tether Router doesn't seem to be a toast. It did catch and converted toast from SuperUser though but I won't be able to use that toast as many conditions could trigger that toast.

Cool stuff learning about this. Thanks!
    08-14-2014 11:55 AM
    WiFi Tether Router does have a widget that toggles enable/disable WiFi hot spot tethering and I do have that on a homescreen. Would I be able to use that with intents?
    I'd try an app, QuickShortcutMaker.
    In Llama, edit your event > add action > run app shortcut > "activity".
    This will bring up QuickShortcutMaker, and it will list all of your installed apps. Expand WiFi Tether Router, and if you are lucky, you will find an activity that toggles the router. Test it, and if it works hit "create" and you have your shortcut.

If that doesn't work, there are two apps, "Widget to shortcut" and "Widget to shortcut kai", which convert, um, ...widget to shortcut. I've got only about 20% success rate using these apps. Who knows, this might be your lucky day. Again, add action > run app shortcut > "widget to shortcut".

Let me know if any of these work. I am kind of curious.
    08-15-2014 04:04 AM
    I'd try an app, QuickShortcutMaker.
    In Llama, edit your event > add action > run app shortcut > "activity".
    This will bring up QuickShortcutMaker, and it will list all of your installed apps. Expand WiFi Tether Router, and if you are lucky, you will find an activity that toggles the router. Test it, and if it works hit "create" and you have your shortcut.

If that doesn't work, there are two apps, "Widget to shortcut" and "Widget to shortcut kai", which convert, um, ...widget to shortcut. I've got only about 20% success rate using these apps. Who knows, this might be your lucky day. Again, add action > run app shortcut > "widget to shortcut".

Let me know if any of these work. I am kind of curious.
    Again, thanks for the advice/suggestion. Learning a lot.

Tried QuickShortcutMaker. Found one activity which just launches the application.

Tried both "Widget to shortcut" and "Widget to shortcut kai"
    Crashes when I click Widget (to get list of widgets)

A bunch of errors get logged but I think this is the significant one:
    java.lang.runtimeException: Unable to start activity Component:info{com.android.settings/com.android.setting.AppWidgetPickActivity}:android.content.res.Resources$NotFoundException: File res/drawable-xxhdpi/ic_launcher_alarmclock.png from drawable resource ID #0x7f020063

going to continue to play with it some. Anymore ideas?
    08-15-2014 11:43 AM
    I've been using Llama for a couple years and love it. Searched this thread but didn't see any similar issues. Just got a VM LG Volt LS-740 and am having a cell tower polling problem. It works fine if mobile network is set to CDMA only but as soon as I change it to LTE/CDMA then RECENT shows "Cell: -1:-1:-1 No signal/Unknown" and it stops polling. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
    08-17-2014 06:52 AM
1,003 ... 2526272829 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD