01-25-2018 03:59 PM
1,003 ... 2829303132 ...
tools
    I have one question for you guys.
    How to set LLama profile that when Im home my phone conects to WiFi network but if i go out of range wifi to mobile data turn on?
    For starters

Condition: entering home area.
    Action: Turn WiFi on.

Condition: WiFi disconnected.
    Actions: Turn WiFi off, Mobile data on.
    tarantulapg likes this.
    10-13-2014 05:56 PM
    Thank you for your response.

I know that that is for beginners...but I am beginner with Llama.
    10-14-2014 02:54 AM
    Sorry, little clarification -

"Profiles" are just collections of sound settings (ringtones, notifications, etc.), and are not used to turn on WiFi, mobile data, etc.

Sets of conditions and actions such as
    Condition: entering home area.
    Action: Turn WiFi on.

are called "events". You can create a new event by tapping the event tab and tapping "+" sign at the bottom of the screen.

Thank you for your response.

I know that that is for beginners...but I am beginner with Llama.
    10-14-2014 04:06 AM
    Sorry, little clarification -

"Profiles" are just collections of sound settings (ringtones, notifications, etc.), and are not used to turn on WiFi, mobile data, etc.

Sets of conditions and actions such as

are called "events". You can create a new event by tapping the event tab and tapping "+" sign at the bottom of the screen.
    I did everything like you sad by I still have problem.when I leave one area and enter in another in which I have set turn WiFi on, even if I am not in range of that WiFi connection my mobile data still don't get on.I don't know do you understand what I'm asking you? Sorry for my bad English
    10-14-2014 05:24 AM
    Can Llama auto reply to an SMS?

I saw there's a 3rd party plug in, but it requires that you designate which numbers to reply to. I want to set a rule that automatically replies to all incoming SMS messages while I'm connected to bluetooth (in my car). Tasker has this, but I'm trying to stick with Llama.

What am I missing?
    10-14-2014 09:07 AM

I saw there's a 3rd party plug in, but it requires that you designate which numbers to reply to. I want to set a rule that automatically replies to all incoming SMS messages while I'm connected to bluetooth (in my car). Tasker has this, but I'm trying to stick with Llama.

What am I missing?
    I think you can achieve that with sl4a, but I don't know how.

Enviado desde mi C1904 mediante Tapatalk
    10-14-2014 10:31 PM
    I did everything like you sad by I still have problem.when I leave one area and enter in another in which I have set turn WiFi on, even if I am not in range of that WiFi connection my mobile data still don't get on.I don't know do you understand what I'm asking you? Sorry for my bad English
    So, if I am reading you post correctly, you want to turn mobile data on whenever you are not connected to WiFi regardless of entering or leaving any area, right? If so
    should work.

If it doesn't, your phone's hardware and/or software probably doesn't allow apps to turn on/off mobile data without user consent.
    If that's the case there is nothing you can do. Sorry.
    10-15-2014 12:06 AM
    So, if I am reading you post correctly, you want to turn mobile data on whenever you are not connected to WiFi regardless of entering or leaving any area, right? If so

should work.

If it doesn't, your phone's hardware and/or software probably doesn't allow apps to turn on/off mobile data without user consent.
    If that's the case there is nothing you can do. Sorry.
    yes you read it right :-)
    my Mobil data connection will go on only if I'm manually turn screen on.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
    10-15-2014 01:08 AM
    yes you read it right :-)
    my Mobil data connection will go on only if I'm manually turn screen on.

So, there's hope then.

Actions: Screen on, Queue another event.
    In the queued event: wait 2 seconds, Mobile data on.

Test to make sure screen turns on before mobile data connects.
    10-15-2014 04:11 AM
    So, there's hope then.

Actions: Screen on, Queue another event.
    In the queued event: wait 2 seconds, Mobile data on.

Test to make sure screen turns on before mobile data connects.
    I did everything like you sad. I will test it and give you information about results :-)
    thanks you a lot mate

10-15-2014 05:42 AM
    Thats something I'd like to avoid. I'll admit its a little over my head. Especially since Tasker can do this as a standard function.

I'm currently running both, but want to use just one. My main focus is basic tasks for when I'm in the car and when I come/leave home. If I have to pay the $5 for tasker to get the auto-SMS reply working, thats worth it to me.

10-15-2014 10:15 AM
    Anyone know if there's any way to do this without scripting?

10-15-2014 10:47 AM
    I can't find a way to make Llama read out loud all (or some) notifications. Maybe via intent? What I want is when I'm in the car (car mode) that it would read me notifications via text to speech. Also, announce caller names. Anyone knows how to do that? I got to "app icon in notification" - Gmail - then maybe intent, but what to specify so it can be read via TTS?
    Corey Kronengold likes this.
    10-15-2014 10:16 PM
    Hello everyone!

I've been doing a bunch of looking around and I haven't found a solution yet.. What I'm trying to accomplish:

Make a google calendar entry based on entry and exit time (basically time tracking) for a specific location

Any help?

Thanks!!
    10-16-2014 09:08 PM
    Hello everyone!

I've been doing a bunch of looking around and I haven't found a solution yet.. What I'm trying to accomplish:

Make a google calendar entry based on entry and exit time (basically time tracking) for a specific location

Any help?

Thanks!!
    Check this out
    IFTTT: Log the time you spend at certain locations (work, home, etc) in GCal
    acedik likes this.
    10-17-2014 02:32 AM
    What I do is to tell Llama to send me an SMS when entering and leaving my clients WIFI. That way I have the time track recorded as SMS messages (wich have the date and time) and later copy them to my LOG.
    10-17-2014 12:27 PM
    I just installed llama yesterday and today I found this post while curious for examples of useful tasks.

I hope I can share a cool new recipe soon but in the meantime I will share that using the Speak function is pretty cool because it makes your phone seem self-aware (like in the movie Her). I have it set to say "Ok, we're home so I'm turning on the wifi and turning off data." This is bound to save me heaps on both battery and data!
    10-18-2014 04:41 PM
    Wildcard comes to mind.

rm -r /sdcard/temp/*

I don't use this line. I haven't tested it. Make sure to backup your sdcard before testing.
    Sorry for the delay, but just wanted to say thanks for this, it works great now using sl4a. I couldn't get Smanager to work (couldn't find it in 'run app shortcut', I looked all over the place but couldn't find it. Anyway, it's working now.

"When the current app is not (my dashcam app) wait 10 seconds then run a shortcut (the script)". I set the delay because the dashcam app seems to take a while to close properly.

Thanks again!
    10-19-2014 03:24 PM
    Check this out
    Thank you for the reply. The issue I'm having is the accuracy of the tracking. When I arrive at gym, moving around in the building leads to multiple calendar inputs. It tracks it for an hour but not the entire length of time spent at one location. I expanded the fenced area for the address but it still leads to incorrect and duplicate calendar time tracking..

Any suggestion on how to fix this issue in ifttt app or how to duplicate this in Llama?

Thanks!!
    10-20-2014 07:38 PM
    Hi,
    Trying to get llama and utter working nicely, I can get llama to turn on utter when it detects my bike headset but cant get it to stop/kill utter on disconnect has anyone done anything similar
    10-21-2014 07:31 AM
    Use this one with Llama then.

Or a quick Google search might uncover a hidden gem.

Thank you for the reply. The issue I'm having is the accuracy of the tracking. When I arrive at gym, moving around in the building leads to multiple calendar inputs. It tracks it for an hour but not the entire length of time spent at one location. I expanded the fenced area for the address but it still leads to incorrect and duplicate calendar time tracking..

Any suggestion on how to fix this issue in ifttt app or how to duplicate this in Llama?

Thanks!!
    10-21-2014 09:07 PM
    Dropped my phone and I think it made my power button wonky, so my phone reboots on its own. Is there any way I can make Llama ask for a password before initiating a restart? What would the action be for such an event?
    10-22-2014 09:10 AM
    new version out today

Llama.1.2014.10.23.0945

release notes:
    Llama.1.2014.10.23.0945

Remove donation IAPs
    Notification action now expands variables
    Don't crash when decoding a dodgy Locale Plugin intent
    10-23-2014 05:39 AM
    Hi! I have started using Llama for more than one year. It works well, but now I have a problem:
    I would like to control the usage of my mobile data using Llama. I want to switch the mobile data on if I start the navigation (Waze or Google maps), and switch it off when I close the navigation automatically.
    How can I diferentiate the "Working in the background" state of the navigation and "Closed" state of the navigation using Llama?
    (Android 4.3, rooted)
    10-27-2014 09:13 AM
    Hi! I have started using Llama for more than one year. It works well, but now I have a problem:
    I would like to control the usage of my mobile data using Llama. I want to switch the mobile data on if I start the navigation (Waze or Google maps), and switch it off when I close the navigation automatically.
    How can I diferentiate the "Working in the background" state of the navigation and "Closed" state of the navigation using Llama?
    (Android 4.3, rooted)
    Hi,

Your event should be like this

Condition : OR(active app waze, active app maps)
    actions: turn data and gps on

Queued event:
    Conditions:AND( active app waze, active app maps [here you must select "app stoped" ])
    Actions: turn off data and gps

Br

hetn likes this.
    10-27-2014 09:40 AM
1,003 ... 2829303132 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD