01-25-2018 03:59 PM
1,003 ... 3031323334 ...
tools
    have been using Llama for quite a while.

I have it set to turn on wifi when I'm Home and also turn alerts/notifications to Quiet from 10pm to 9am.
    11-30-2014 04:23 AM
    I've got a bit of a problem with enabling the speakerphone in car mode, anyone got any ideas? THings I have tried:

When in car mode when call state is in a call or ringing - turn on speakerphone.
    When in car mode and the current app is Phone - turn on speakerphone.
    When in car mode - turn on speakerphone.

None of them enable speakerphone in car mode, so I have to press the speakerphone button on the screen.
    12-03-2014 09:02 AM
    I've got a bit of a problem with enabling the speakerphone in car mode ...
    Are you sure car mode is working properly? Have you tried this event without the car mode condition?
    12-03-2014 12:46 PM
    Are you sure car mode is working properly? Have you tried this event without the car mode condition?
    Yeah, car mode works fine apart from speakerphone. When I launch car mode (using Google's car home app) Llama enables rotation, changes profile and queues an event to launch DailyRoads Voyager after a couple of seconds.

I just tried:
    When call state is in a call or ringing - turn on speakerphone.
    When the current app is Phone - turn on speakerphone.

Neither works still
    12-04-2014 07:35 AM
    I recoomend for you to change the condition to:
    When car-bluetooth connection established, turn on speakerphone.
    12-04-2014 01:54 PM
    I recoomend for you to change the condition to:
    When car-bluetooth connection established, turn on speakerphone.
    Thankyou, but unfortunately my car doesn't have bluetooth, Llama just uses Google Car Home app to know it's in car mode.

I've just found that speakerphone works, but only when I make a call in car mode - not when receiving a call. Receiving is obviously the more important of the two. Interesting...

Edit: Ok, I've just tried something else and it seems to be working. I changed it from:

"When in car mode when call state is in a call or ringing - turn on speakerphone" to:

"When in car mode when call state is in a call - turn on speakerphone"

The speakerphone button doesn't light up, but it's definitely loud. So that seems to be it. It does seem a bit strange though.
    buggy_droid likes this.
    12-04-2014 02:41 PM
    Thankyou, but unfortunately my car doesn't have bluetooth, Llama just uses Google Car Home app to know it's in car mode.

I've just found that speakerphone works, but only when I make a call in car mode - not when receiving a call. Receiving is obviously the more important of the two. Interesting...

Edit: Ok, I've just tried something else and it seems to be working. I changed it from:

"When in car mode when call state is in a call or ringing - turn on speakerphone" to:

"When in car mode when call state is in a call - turn on speakerphone"

The speakerphone button doesn't light up, but it's definitely loud. So that seems to be it. It does seem a bit strange though.
    Nice find!

It is very strange, but as long as it works...

I once tried to route calls to a SIP client using "in a call or ringing" condition and it didn't work.
    Maybe this is why.
    12-05-2014 06:11 AM
    Hi there,

can Llama do an action if the active cell has changed ?
    When not in the area of my home or work and the cell has changed I can assume I'm driving my car. Then I want my bluetooth to be switched on for 1 minute and check if it can connect with my car.
    I cannot find to put the cell information into a variable, otherwise I could everytime when I push the power button store the active cell into a variable, and before that compare if the active and stored variable are the same. If no i moved/a'm moving thus very probably in my car.
    Hope some can help me on this or think with me .
    Greetz,
    Dirk
    12-15-2014 11:49 AM
    Hi there,

can Llama do an action if the active cell has changed ?
    When not in the area of my home or work and the cell has changed I can assume I'm driving my car. Then I want my bluetooth to be switched on for 1 minute and check if it can connect with my car.
    I cannot find to put the cell information into a variable, otherwise I could everytime when I push the power button store the active cell into a variable, and before that compare if the active and stored variable are the same. If no i moved/a'm moving thus very probably in my car.
    Hope some can help me on this or think with me .
    Greetz,
    Dirk
    Hi,

I don't think you can do that. Plus, cells can change even if you stay still.

Enviado desde mi C1904 mediante Tapatalk
    12-16-2014 07:10 PM
    Does anyone know if there's a way to make Llama turn on the notification LED? It doesn't light up on my Moto G when the battery is full. I'm sure Llama can do it somehow, but I can't find much.
    01-05-2015 02:51 PM
    It doesn't happen on my Moto E either. I'm willing to know an answer to this.
    01-05-2015 05:17 PM
    I realize this answer is a bit off-topic, but I use Light Flow Lite to control the LED. By way of an example, I have it turn off all LED notifications overnight and go solid for a half hour once the battery is fully charged. It's very handy and customizable.
    anon8164182 likes this.
    01-05-2015 09:12 PM
    Thanks, I've seen a couple of those type of apps so I'll probably give that a go if Llama can't do it. It's just another installed app using resources for something that I would've thought Llama could do, it seems quite a basic thing. But then I know next to nothing about Android developing.
    01-06-2015 05:21 AM
    Thanks, I've seen a couple of those type of apps so I'll probably give that a go if Llama can't do it. It's just another installed app using resources for something that I would've thought Llama could do, it seems quite a basic thing. But then I know next to nothing about Android developing.
    What you're trying to accomplish sounds like something that would be a native feature. In my experience, Llama doesn't bestow new native abilities on your phone, it just automates things. So this missing LED feature must be a deficiency of whatever ROM you are running. I have a Samsung GS3 running the stock ROM, and I have an option under Settings>My device>LED indicator to turn on the red LED when my phone is charging. I believe it turns green when charging is completed.
    anon8164182 likes this.
    01-06-2015 02:10 PM
    What you're trying to accomplish sounds like something that would be a native feature. In my experience, Llama doesn't bestow new native abilities on your phone, it just automates things. So this missing LED feature must be a deficiency of whatever ROM you are running. I have a Samsung GS3 running the stock ROM, and I have an option under Settings>My device>LED indicator to turn on the red LED when my phone is charging. I believe it turns green when charging is completed.
    That's a good point. I don't have a setting like that (Moto G) so it looks like I'll be using a dedicated app then. Not sure which one yet, I'll try a couple. Thanks.
    01-08-2015 09:28 AM
    Hi there,

I want my phone to turn on screen rotation when I start typing a message and turn it off when the virtual keyboard dissappears. Currently I setup the following: when I start (running in foreground) an application (like gmail, viber, sms messaging, etc.), turn on rotation but it's not what I really looking for. I'm using TouchPal btw, but I am open to other apps replacing it if you know a solution which working with Llama.
    I tried to use when TouchPal is on / off then turn on / off screen rotation but it's not working, in addition when Touchpal is turned on there is a notification bar reminding me to change my virtual keyboard (I don't know why) so I tried to connect when notification bar alert is showing turn on screen rotation but still not working.

So any ideas?

Thanks a lot

Any idea about how to solve this problem?
    01-08-2015 11:00 AM
    I'm new to Llama, and I'd like to define a Home Area as accurately as possible using nearby cell towers.

Around my house I can see as many as six cells.

For the best accuracy, should I use the most cells possible, or only the closest tower?

I understand that Llama does not triangulate among three or more cells, it just checks to see which ones are picked up by the phone's radio. So I tend to think using many cells would create a large Home area.

What do you think?
    01-10-2015 09:58 AM
    For the best accuracy, should I use the most cells possible, or only the closest tower?

I understand that Llama does not triangulate among three or more cells, it just checks to see which ones are picked up by the phone's radio. So I tend to think using many cells would create a large Home area.

What do you think?
    I think the fewer cells Llama connects to, more refined your Home area becomes. Put another away, if those same six cells cover you half a mile from home, Llama would still think you're in your Home area.

But here's the problem: Llama picks up everything that's available when you do a scan, and if it finds new cells (and ostensibly even fewer cells,) that throws off its area characterization. So if you manage to create a Home area with just 2 of the 6 cells, if Llama picks up a third cell (or ostensibly just 1 out of the 2 cells,) it will say you're in an Unknown area (unless you've defined Home 2+this third as a separate area.)

So maybe there's a need for a narrowing of the signal that defines Home. Maybe a combination of carrier cells and WiFi? So something like Home= these 6 carrier cells+connected to this WiFi network, and once you get out of the reach of that WiFi network, Home changes into Unknown or whatever.
    01-10-2015 11:37 AM
    I use Llama since a week or 2 now.
    Combine it with "Secure settings" via Locale plugin.
    For now really happy with these apps.
    (Have not yet tried "Tasker" or such)

Made the following with Llama :
    - extreme battery saving mode. Triggered manually or when not at home/not charging/battery lower then...
    - auto screen (un)lock depending on known Wi-Fi and bluetooth
    - location services on/off toggle depending on foreground apps. (Maps + weather)
    - car modes (wifi off, data on, bluetooth on, speakerphone as fail over, start spotify...)
    - at home timely profile changes
    - leaving home area
    On my phone speaker phone in car mode functions, I do :
    When in car mode when call state is ringing - turn on speakerphone.

*Pity that 4G toggles are not working.
    *And I struggle with Queued actions. I like to use them. Since you can condense more into 1 event by using set variables as conditions.
    But I get the error message "queued event name already excists..." in some combinations.
    *On my phone (LG G3) you can manipulate the screen brightness in AUTO settings. But the latter I can not from within Llama. You can only set/use screen brightness once in an event. So if set to f.e. 50%, the brightness is no longer AUTO but 50% manual.
    Therefore I used "Lux" via Locale plugin in Llama. And switching Lux profiles. But it is not as good as expected.
    01-11-2015 03:31 PM
    I use both WiFi and Cell towers along with multiple Areas to better control my location.
    For example, I have one area labeled "Home" and it uses only my home WiFi signal to determine its location.
    I also have an area labeled "Home Cell" which is determined only by cell towers and covers a much larger area.

On my way home from somewhere, when I enter my "Home Cell" area, Llama triggers my WiFi on for 5 minutes.
    As soon as I pull up to my house Llama immediately senses my home WiFi signal and triggers the events I have listed for my "Home" profile (connects to WiFi, sets Home profile, turns bluetooth off, etc).
    That way, if I'm just driving in the area, it never triggers my "Home" profile unless I'm right in front of the house.
    02-13-2015 09:04 AM
    For example, I have one area labeled "Home" and it uses only my home WiFi signal to determine its location.
    How did you do this?
    02-13-2015 02:07 PM
    How did you do this?
    A few pages back, something similar of my own : http://forums.androidcentral.com/and...ml#post3648157

Made a few changes to improve it, I added battery conditions, I changed 10s to 1mn for wifi off action, added a variable for battery low for "bye wifi" event conditions and also added a queued event to it : wait for 5 seconds - when mobile data is disabled - run a locale plugin 'secure settings: mobile data enabled'
    02-14-2015 05:38 AM
    So I've been using Llama for some time now, and I"m trying to get it to send a text to my wife when I get into the office. My event is as follows:
    CONDITONS:
    WiFi Network Connected: work-wifi
    AND (match all) {at work} # cell towers already learned
    AND (match all) {when it's Monday - Friday}
    AND (match all) {between 08:00 and 09:30}

ACTION:
    Locale Plugin Send SMS: "I just got to work"

It works, but then will send a second SMS a little later on, as all the conditions are already met. (I'm using the "Locale Send SMS Plugin-in version 1.1.1" from the play store to send the SMS, as I couldn't find a way to natively do it with Llama.

Is there anyways to have Llama disable the event, or ensure to only act on it once?
    I guess I could set the "Repeat Interval" to 12 hours, that way it won't trigger again.
    02-20-2015 08:58 AM
    How many areas did you guys set? I mean, I only set Home and Work, but every time I go somewhere I would neen a slightly different profile, so what are you guys doing, setting an area for every pub or club you go to, or every friend's house, or gym, or church.. or are you maybe grouping that to one "Outdoor" area and that's it.. oh well I'm confused..
    02-20-2015 10:56 AM
    How many areas did you guys set? I mean, I only set Home and Work, but every time I go somewhere I would neen a slightly different profile, so what are you guys doing, setting an area for every pub or club you go to, or every friend's house, or gym, or church.. or are you maybe grouping that to one "Outdoor" area and that's it.. oh well I'm confused..
    I've created areas for places I need location-specific events to trigger. So Home, Work, and a few other places.
    02-20-2015 11:50 AM
1,003 ... 3031323334 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD