01-25-2018 03:59 PM
1,003 ... 3536373839 ...
tools
    Hi people... my first post Here!!!

Someone can help me please?
    I have root and would like to know how can i can do GPS ON and Activate 3g data when i leave any area.....
    Thankss....

I try but my gps not activate....

thanks in advance...
    Edit: my Android version is 4.4.3
    09-04-2015 06:47 AM
    i have a galaxy s6 edge plus. llama is executing my actions correctly. however, after executing the actions i would like the screen to stay on. i cant get the screen to stay on. is there any way to do this? if so how?

here is what i am executing

if car BT connects, then start YaV1 (which is a program that connects to my radar detector via BT). Wait 7 seconds. Start Waze. Screen and buttons 'ON'.

the screen comes on for 2 seconds then goes dark.

how do i get the screen to stay on???????

thank you!
    09-04-2015 01:12 PM
    what i have seen happening is that i don't have area selected at all in the tool , yet in recent i area .. ( work ) -_-
    No area selected anywhere or just in one (or both) of these locations? Does Llama say Unknown Area?
    09-04-2015 09:18 PM
    How i set When open radardroid app and back to home GPS on e location mode high accuracy and then When i close radardroid app GPS off and location mode off?
    09-05-2015 11:47 AM
    Hi people... my first post Here!!!

Someone can help me please?
    I have root and would like to know how can i can do GPS ON and Activate 3g data when i leave any area.....
    Thankss....

I try but my gps not activate....

thanks in advance...
    Edit: my Android version is 4.4.3
    Install Secure Settings and use it from "locale plugin" action.

How i set When open radardroid app and back to home GPS on e location mode high accuracy and then When i close radardroid app GPS off and location mode off?
    Just like you said.
    An app starts > GPS on
    An app stops > GPS off
    09-05-2015 12:42 PM
    I already did this but it didtn work
    GPS stay off When i minimize radardroid app
    09-05-2015 12:48 PM
    i have a galaxy s6 edge plus. llama is executing my actions correctly. however, after executing the actions i would like the screen to stay on. i cant get the screen to stay on. is there any way to do this? if so how?

here is what i am executing

if car BT connects, then start YaV1 (which is a program that connects to my radar detector via BT). Wait 7 seconds. Start Waze. Screen and buttons 'ON'.

the screen comes on for 2 seconds then goes dark.

how do i get the screen to stay on???????

thank you!
    There is an action in Llama that changes screen timeout. You can set the timeout to "never", I suppose.
    09-05-2015 01:45 PM
    I already did this but it didtn work
    GPS stay off When i minimize radardroid app
    So, what you really want is for Llama to know when an app stops working in background ("cached"), and no, Llama doesn't support that natively.
    There are at least two ways to go around it, though. They both work, but are quite involved. I describe the basic idea here but won't go into all the details because no two phones (or users) are the same. You can set it up to suite your need or to the limitations of your environment.

Method 1: You tell Llama when you no longer need GPS
    Basically, your problem is that Llama turns off GPS prematurely when you still need GPS on. So, just add another condition to the event so that Llama turns off GPS only when the app is not in front AND the other condition is met. It can be any condition, as long as you can control it. I personally use a Llama variable.

This is how it works:
    Either one of the apps that uses GPS starts > turn on GPS and set a variable "GPS in use" to 1.
    All apps that use GPS stop AND "GPS in use" is 0 > turn off GPS.
    Create a new event with no conditions > set "GPS in use" to 0, then create a shortcut to this event somewhere easily accessible. when you are done with GPS, run this shortcut then close the app. GPS turns off.

I have a rooted Nexus 5, so I can assign navigation keys functions different from the default. When I long press the back key, it will run a Llama shortcut.
    My actual shortcut is a little different, but to cut a long story short, this shortcut will 1) kill the app in front and 2) set "GPS in use" to 0.
    Of course, your shortcut can simply turn off GPS instead of setting "GPS in use" to 0, but I do it this way because I can be using more than one app that use GPS and I don't want GPS off until I exit all of these apps. I long press the back key when I am done with GPS. If another app that uses GPS comes up, GPS stays on. I continue pressing back key until all app that use GPS are closed, at which time Llama turns GPS off.
    hawkdown77 likes this.
    09-05-2015 03:02 PM
    Here's another one. Again, I won't go into every detail because that will be a 2-pager.

Method 2: Llama will act automatically when your GPS apps are cached (i.e., not working in background anymore).
    People seem to like the notion of "it automatically ~" without your explicit action (making and running a shortcut as in Method 1 above), but remember, you have no control over when OS decides to cache your apps. So, your app can be running in background forever using GPS even after you thought you closed it, and keep draining your battery. Words of caution.

You have a rooted phone, that means you can run root commands in shell. And yes, Llama can run shell scripts for you to do that.
    So, you can [dumpsys activity], and from the list of activities you can [grep adj=cch] (in my system) to find whether your app is cached, as opposed to just running in background (adj=bak). Once this is done you can feed the result back to Llama by setting a Llama variable externally (described by Calisro in this post). You will have to do this process repeatedly to catch the exact moment when your app moves from background to cache, that could be a potential battery drain depending on how often you want to check. However, if GPS is already running in background (i.e., your phone is awake), running a few scripts should require hardly any additional power on top of that.
    After that, you can run any event in Llama using the variable you just set as a condition for further actions. You can turn off GPS right away or choose to do so only when all apps (that you selected) exit, or at other timings. You choose.
    hawkdown77 likes this.
    09-05-2015 04:17 PM
    I will try later.... Thank you so much for help.
    Another question is:i wanted that When WiFi On, then 3g data off but i want that sync works every 20 min then turn of sync
    09-05-2015 09:24 PM
    Another question is:i wanted that When WiFi On, then 3g data off but i want that sync works every 20 min then turn of sync
    Take a look at post #881.
    hawkdown77 likes this.
    09-06-2015 09:35 AM
    Hi to all,
    I've just received my new Mi Band (android wearable), I would like to keep the bluetooth disabled (to preserve the phone battery life) but still be able to use the Mi Band vibration when I receive a call.

Using Llama I've managed to:
    - activate the bluetooth when the phone start ringing.
    - wait 2 seconds (to make sure that the bluetooth is activated before the next step)
    - launch Mi Fit app
    - ????
    -deactivate bluetooth when the phone is not ringing

Now the difficult part..

I would like to send a notification from Llama to Mi Fit app. The Mi Fit app has the feature to catch notifications, send them to Mi Band that will vibrate (this feature for example works with whats app as you receive a message).

Someone has a clue how to make it??

(sorry for my poor english, I hope that this is clear enough)
    09-07-2015 07:13 AM
    nobody?
    09-11-2015 12:03 PM
    Hi to all,
    I've just received my new Mi Band (android wearable), I would like to keep the bluetooth disabled (to preserve the phone battery life) but still be able to use the Mi Band vibration when I receive a call.

Using Llama I've managed to:
    - activate the bluetooth when the phone start ringing.
    - wait 2 seconds (to make sure that the bluetooth is activated before the next step)
    - launch Mi Fit app
    - ????
    -deactivate bluetooth when the phone is not ringing

Now the difficult part..

I would like to send a notification from Llama to Mi Fit app. The Mi Fit app has the feature to catch notifications, send them to Mi Band that will vibrate (this feature for example works with whats app as you receive a message).

Someone has a clue how to make it??

(sorry for my poor english, I hope that this is clear enough)
    Well, I don't have a Mi Band so I don't really know what it does. That being said...
    If the Mi Fit app intercepts ALL notifications, use "Reminder" to show notification when you want your wrist band to vibrate...
    Is that what you want?
    09-11-2015 01:18 PM
    I have a very similar set up. My first event is the same, but my second event is a little different:

Event Name: Home (Leave)
    Condition: When your phone disconnects from <Any WiFi network>
    Action: change profile to "normal", disable WiFi, enable Bluetooth

This ensures that the WiFi stops being on as soon as I leave my house instead of after I get out of range. I am trying to combat the issue of the grocery store in my neighborhood being too near my house. I think shrinking the area that triggers the "Enter Area -> Home" condition and then keeping the event active until the WiFi area is left solves that issue, but I'm still in the testing phase on this "fix."

Let me know if anyone's found a better workaround!
    09-11-2015 04:09 PM
    I have a very similar set up. My first event is the same, but my second event is a little different:

This ensures that the WiFi stops being on as soon as I leave my house instead of after I get out of range. I am trying to combat the issue of the grocery store in my neighborhood being too near my house. I think shrinking the area that triggers the "Enter Area -> Home" condition and then keeping the event active until the WiFi area is left solves that issue, but I'm still in the testing phase on this "fix."

So the grocery store is within range of your WiFi network?

I think you may need a variable or secondary trigger. The question is what? Tower mapping obviously is not going to work if the two locations are within range of your home WiFi connection.
    09-11-2015 05:32 PM
    I think shrinking the area that triggers the "Enter Area -> Home" condition and then keeping the event active until the WiFi area is left solves that issue, but I'm still in the testing phase on this "fix."
    I have one. My enter area event turns on Wifi and queues another Llama event after an 8 second delay. That event is just "turn off wifi if not connected".
    09-11-2015 07:40 PM
    Well, I don't have a Mi Band so I don't really know what it does. That being said...
    If the Mi Fit app intercepts ALL notifications, use "Reminder" to show notification when you want your wrist band to vibrate...
    Is that what you want?
    No, with reminder it's not working.. Thanks anyway
    I would like to send a notification with android intent
    09-12-2015 03:49 AM

I don't get it.
    what is that you are trying to solve?
    You never get out of "Home" area so that you never enter "Home"? Is that it?
    And, what is that you are trying to do once you are in "Home"?
    09-12-2015 06:15 PM
    Thanks for your suggestion.
    I did not find how to add a Queued event, so I am using a variable now. The first event makes a variable as "1", then the second event looks for when this variable has turned to "1", delays for 3 mins and disables data after that. Seems to be working. But am not sure, if my phone is locked/screen off, can Llama still turn the data on ?
    Will update on this.

Update - it seems once the screen is off, the event fails to turn on the data automatically. Wonder what I am missing.
    09-27-2015 09:37 PM
    Thanks for your suggestion.
    I did not find how to add a Queued event, so I am using a variable now. The first event makes a variable as "1", then the second event looks for when this variable has turned to "1", delays for 3 mins and disables data after that. Seems to be working. But am not sure, if my phone is locked/screen off, can Llama still turn the data on ?
    Will update on this.

Update - it seems once the screen is off, the event fails to turn on the data automatically. Wonder what I am missing.
    "Queue another event" is in the list of actions to choose when you make an event. But, if your current set of events work, there is no need to set up a queued event.

I can tell you that my Nexus 5 running on Kitkat never failed to turn on either mobile data or WiFi automatically whether the screen is on/off or locked/unlocked.
    On the other hand, my Galaxy S2 was never able to establish a WiFi connection when the screen is off and Llama turns WiFi on (although it did fine with mobile data). I needed to have Llama also unlock and light up the screen when it turns WiFi on to connect automatically to my home network.
    I think the behaviors like that are hard-coded in the hardware and even beyond control by the OS.
    So, I don't think there is anything you can do about it, besides turning screen on at the same time as Llama turns the data on.
    rhlsg likes this.
    09-28-2015 06:04 AM
    Ok so I've had Llama for a few weeks now and it's driving me crazy that I can't figure out how to do this:
    The main reason I downloaded it was to save cell service while I'm at home. We moved to a new house and the cell service is 2-3 bars, compared to mostly 4 at our old place. I use wi-fi for my home calling and 3g while I'm out so I would like it to turn on airplane mode when home, then turn on wifi. Then when I leave, turn off airplane mode and turn wifi off. The only problem is when I leave, it doesn't know I'm leaving home because it's on airplane mode. So unless I manually turn it off, nothing happens. I've tried switching it to instead turn on and off when I disconnect from my wifi network but then when I get home and it connects to my network, then disconnects to go into airplane mode, and then the other option triggers because it thinks I'm leaving home again and it starts cycling. This is what I have right now:
    Llama - Who's Using It and Any Good Examples?-screenshot_2015-09-28-14-57-22.png
    Llama - Who's Using It and Any Good Examples?-screenshot_2015-09-28-14-57-57.png

It also often give me this error message:
    Llama - Who's Using It and Any Good Examples?-screenshot_2015-09-28-14-57-13.png

I'm on a rooted S4 Mini, just installed Secure Settings and added it to my module thingie but I don't know if I'm supposed to do anything else to make it work right because I'm totally new at this rooting thing.
    09-28-2015 02:20 PM
    Ok so I've had Llama for a few weeks now and it's driving me crazy that I can't figure out how to do this:
    The main reason I downloaded it was to save cell service while I'm at home. We moved to a new house and the cell service is 2-3 bars, compared to mostly 4 at our old place. I use wi-fi for my home calling and 3g while I'm out so I would like it to turn on airplane mode when home, then turn on wifi. Then when I leave, turn off airplane mode and turn wifi off. The only problem is when I leave, it doesn't know I'm leaving home because it's on airplane mode. So unless I manually turn it off, nothing happens. I've tried switching it to instead turn on and off when I disconnect from my wifi network but then when I get home and it connects to my network, then disconnects to go into airplane mode, and then the other option triggers because it thinks I'm leaving home again and it starts cycling. This is what I have right now:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_2015-09-28-14-57-22.png 
Views:	29 
Size:	103.9 KB 
ID:	198857

Name:	Screenshot_2015-09-28-14-57-57.png 
Views:	30 
Size:	107.8 KB 
ID:	198858

Name:	Screenshot_2015-09-28-14-57-13.png 
Views:	28 
Size:	106.1 KB 
ID:	198859

I'm on a rooted S4 Mini, just installed Secure Settings and added it to my module thingie but I don't know if I'm supposed to do anything else to make it work right because I'm totally new at this rooting thing.
    Hi, First enable wifi polling in experimental settings.

Rename your Home are learned by cell towers to Near Home.

Create a new area called Home and add to it your wifi name (like if where a cell tower).

Create the following events:

- At Near Home but not at Home, enable wifi polling to every 5 minutes.

- At Home OR upon leaving Near Home, disable wifi polling.

And now you can create the events you mentioned, or they should start working if you already have them.

Enviado desde mi GT-I9100 mediante Tapatalk
    09-29-2015 05:04 PM
    Hi, First enable wifi polling in experimental settings.

Rename your Home are learned by cell towers to Near Home.

Create a new area called Home and add to it your wifi name (like if where a cell tower).

Create the following events:

- At Near Home but not at Home, enable wifi polling to every 5 minutes.

- At Home OR upon leaving Near Home, disable wifi polling.

And now you can create the events you mentioned, or they should start working if you already have them.

Enviado desde mi GT-I9100 mediante Tapatalk

It didn't work. I'm about to give up on Llama, it seems like almost everything I set up on it backfires. :/
    10-01-2015 02:33 PM
    ...I've tried switching it to instead turn on and off when I disconnect from my wifi network but then when I get home and it connects to my network, then disconnects to go into airplane mode, and then the other option triggers because it thinks I'm leaving home again and it starts cycling.
    You can exclude WiFi radio from being disabled by airplane mode.
    Before toggling airplane mode, add an action:
    Locale plugin > Secure Settings > Airplane Mode Radio (or something like that).
    Here you can choose which radio devices airplane mode disables. Leave out WiFi from the list of the radios.
    If you want, you can change back Airplane Mode radio once you turn Airplane Mode off.

Try also using Secure Settings to toggle airplane mode instead of letting Llama to do it.

Make sure to install SuperSU from Play Store, which grant/deny root access to Llama, Secure settings, and other apps.
    10-01-2015 07:07 PM
1,003 ... 3536373839 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD