01-25-2018 03:59 PM
1,003 ... 3637383940 ...
tools
    I have been reading this thread for a long time. About one page every day. I learned a lot of things!

So, I have 2 things I want to make with Llama.

1) I want to concatenate some events.

Event name: Silent Night
    At Home and between 23:00 and 06:00;
    Change profile to Silent,
    Set 'alarm variable' to 0,

Event name: Alarm
    When next alarm is due;
    Set 'alarm variable' to 1

Event name: Radio
    When 'alarm variable' has a value of 1;
    delay for 10 minutes,
    then turn on Radio app.

The problem:
    Alarm started to ring, I swiped my finger over the screen and I stayed in bed.
    The alarm variable was successfully set to 1, but the Radio app didn't started until I unlocked manually the phone, about 1 hour after.

I can't figure how to force the radio app to start with the phone locked. The radio app works even with the phone locked, as most of music apps do it. I can see the radio widget app if the screen is locked. But it doesn't start if I didn't unlocked the phone.

2) I use one app called Hatomico. This app answers my calls and turn on the speaker when I'm driving. If I receive one SMS it also reads it to me. In Android 4.4 it can even read Whatsapp and Telegram messages. Very useful.

But, I want use Llama to deactivate the screen lock when I'm using Hatomico. (It would be more easy turn on Waze if I found an unusual traffic on the streets.)

The logic seems easy to me:

Event name: Easy
    When Hatomico app starts;
    Set 'easy variable' to 1

Event name: Driving
    When 'easy variable' has a value of 1;
    Delay 2 seconds
    Disable screen lock after unlocking

Event name: Easy off
    When Hatomico app is closed;
    Set 'easy variable' to 0,
    Enable screen lock

But the "Disable screen lock after unlocking" action is not working. This happens because when I start Hatomico app, it happens as a "background" process, and I only get an Icon notification. The only way to set 'easy variable' a value of 1 is when I get a message or a call, and the app shows up on the screen. If I get no message (most of the cases) Llama will never assign a value of 1 to the 'easy variable'.

Any idea or guide about what I have to do?
    10-09-2015 03:47 PM
    you cant disable the screen lock completely . you can set it to password or no password but that will set it to swype.
    so if you set screen password to "12345" it will be set.
    and if then you set it to "" that will set it to swype.
    10-09-2015 04:48 PM
    I have been reading this thread for a long time. About one page every day. I learned a lot of things!

So, I have 2 things I want to make with Llama.

1) I want to concatenate some events.

Event name: Silent Night
    At Home and between 23:00 and 06:00;
    Change profile to Silent,
    Set 'alarm variable' to 0,

Event name: Alarm
    When next alarm is due;
    Set 'alarm variable' to 1

Event name: Radio
    When 'alarm variable' has a value of 1;
    delay for 10 minutes,
    then turn on Radio app.

The problem:
    Alarm started to ring, I swiped my finger over the screen and I stayed in bed.
    The alarm variable was successfully set to 1, but the Radio app didn't started until I unlocked manually the phone, about 1 hour after.

I can't figure how to force the radio app to start with the phone locked. The radio app works even with the phone locked, as most of music apps do it. I can see the radio widget app if the screen is locked. But it doesn't start if I didn't unlocked the phone.

2) I use one app called Hatomico. This app answers my calls and turn on the speaker when I'm driving. If I receive one SMS it also reads it to me. In Android 4.4 it can even read Whatsapp and Telegram messages. Very useful.

But, I want use Llama to deactivate the screen lock when I'm using Hatomico. (It would be more easy turn on Waze if I found an unusual traffic on the streets.)

The logic seems easy to me:

Event name: Easy
    When Hatomico app starts;
    Set 'easy variable' to 1

Event name: Driving
    When 'easy variable' has a value of 1;
    Delay 2 seconds
    Disable screen lock after unlocking

Event name: Easy off
    When Hatomico app is closed;
    Set 'easy variable' to 0,
    Enable screen lock

But the "Disable screen lock after unlocking" action is not working. This happens because when I start Hatomico app, it happens as a "background" process, and I only get an Icon notification. The only way to set 'easy variable' a value of 1 is when I get a message or a call, and the app shows up on the screen. If I get no message (most of the cases) Llama will never assign a value of 1 to the 'easy variable'.

Any idea or guide about what I have to do?
    For unblocking the lock screen, use the xposed module lo lookscreen disabler...

Enviado desde mi GT-I9100 mediante Tapatalk
    10-11-2015 02:55 PM
    I was hoping someone could help me figure out how to make my llama act as geofencing for my wifi thermostat. The thermostat has geofencing through GPS, but then I have to have my GPS on all day draining my battery. I have a phone that can't be rooted or I'd just have llama turn the GPS on and off. I'd rather have the cell tower geofence anyway.

I see that llama can initiate actions in other apps, but I have zero programming knowledge so need someone to walk me through detailed description of how to fill out the llama action. I'm using a Lux Pro Geo Thermostat and it's default luxproducts app. It has a widget toggle for away as well as the GPS trigger.
    10-12-2015 12:35 PM
    Has anyone else run into issues the Llama on Android 5.1? I just purchased a new phone (LG V10) and save my settings on my old phone and loaded them into my new phone.

Everything is working fine, except the it isn't recognizing any of the Cell towers in my saved areas. I thought maybe the format had changed, so I tried deleted an area and recreating it, but while it will go though the process, it never saves any new tower info.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks,
    11-02-2015 02:44 PM
    Yep, with Lollipop it won't find any cell towers unless you switch to CDMA mode to learn them. After you learn the area, you should be able to switch to LTE & the functionality should work. Although for me, sometimes in LTE mode it won't trigger events so I have to manually do it, but it "mostly" works.

It's a shame it seems like the dev abandoned the app, but it sort of still works.
    11-02-2015 07:19 PM
    I just realized that it really won't work properly on LTE, even after learning your towers. It dawned on me this morning that the events that still trigger for me are actually the time based ones, none of my location based events are working since Lollipop. Sorry for the misinformation above.
    11-03-2015 02:43 PM
    No problem. My location based ones were working on my old phone on 5.0.1, but are no longer working on my new phone on 5.1.

Looks like its time to look for a new tool. I was going to try out tasker, but it closes right after I launch it.
    11-03-2015 02:46 PM
    I'm planning to try Tasker again too, I just haven't gotten around to it. There are really good Tasker threads here & elsewhere that might be able to help you get started. Hopefully there's something simple that will make it work for you.
    11-03-2015 03:14 PM
    I just realized that it really won't work properly on LTE, even after learning your towers. It dawned on me this morning that the events that still trigger for me are actually the time based ones, none of my location based events are working since Lollipop. Sorry for the misinformation above.
    I stopped use LIama because of this , i started using IF.
    11-04-2015 12:52 AM
    What is IF?
    11-04-2015 06:31 AM
    I know there's a similar app out there called If This Then That, but I've always seen it referred to as IFTTT.

FYI I'm starting to play around with Tasker & it's not as complicated as it was a few years ago when I first tried it. I've managed to create a few location & time based rules & they all work in LTE! 😀

Unless your phone is really old & for some reason can't handle it because of that, I'd highly recommend switching to Tasker just because there's such a huge support community for it.
    11-04-2015 03:35 PM
    Does anyone know if Llama has been abandoned? The app and the dev's website haven't been updated in a year

It's a wonderful app but I've looked at some similar apps and they have features Llama doesn't (eg priority mode works properly).
    11-12-2015 10:36 AM
    11-12-2015 12:00 PM
    Does anyone know if Llama has been abandoned? The app and the dev's website haven't been updated in a year
    Seems to be abandoned. I've tried emailing the developer and have gotten no response.

It's a wonderful app but I've looked at some similar apps and they have features Llama doesn't (eg priority mode works properly).
    Which similar apps have you tried? I've been using tasker, but it is a lot more complicated to do the simple stuff I used to do in Llama.
    11-12-2015 12:31 PM
    Seems to be abandoned. I've tried emailing the developer and have gotten no response.

Which similar apps have you tried? I've been using tasker, but it is a lot more complicated to do the simple stuff I used to do in Llama.
    IF
    11-13-2015 01:46 AM
    I've tried Automate and AutomateIt though only briefly. Tasker I couldn't be bothered learning.

However, Macrodroid seems a pretty decent alternative to Llama. It seems to do everything Llama does and a bit more. I might give it another go this weekend. It was last updated yesterday and is free, although it's limited to 5 macros. I think it's £1.99 to upgrade to pro. It has a reasonable Material Design look too.
    11-13-2015 03:58 AM
    I've tried Automate and AutomateIt though only briefly. Tasker I couldn't be bothered learning.

However, Macrodroid seems a pretty decent alternative to Llama. It seems to do everything Llama does and a bit more. I might give it another go this weekend. It was last updated yesterday and is free, although it's limited to 5 macros. I think it's £1.99 to upgrade to pro. It has a reasonable Material Design look too.
    Thanks, I'll try iy out.
    11-14-2015 10:55 PM
    Hi !

How to fire Llama event from another app ???

I've found :

1/ the adb command given by the developer of Llama :
    adb shell am start -a com.kebab.Llama.RunShortcut -n 'com.kebab.Llama/com.kebab.Llama.LauncherShortcutRunnerActivity' -e LlamaType Event -e LlamaData EVENTNAME

2/ AND these URL :
    a) *** github.com/leejaymin/windowTracer/blob/master/ApkViewTracer2/DeviceCommand/CommandConsole.py ***
    b) *** forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1508195&page=490 (the end of the page) ***

I think this seems to be the right way but unfortunately I can not try and do not understand all of that because I'm not develop Android

Any help ?
    Laurent
    11-20-2015 06:32 AM
    Hi !

How to fire Llama event from another app ???

I've found :

1/ the adb command given by the developer of Llama :
    adb shell am start -a com.kebab.Llama.RunShortcut -n 'com.kebab.Llama/com.kebab.Llama.LauncherShortcutRunnerActivity' -e LlamaType Event -e LlamaData EVENTNAME

2/ AND these URL :
    a) *** github.com/leejaymin/windowTracer/blob/master/ApkViewTracer2/DeviceCommand/CommandConsole.py ***
    b) *** forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1508195&page=490 (the end of the page) ***

I think this seems to be the right way but unfortunately I can not try and do not understand all of that because I'm not develop Android

Any help ?
    Laurent
    Do it an easier way!
    Llama provides all of its events as a shortcut.
    So, in the app you want to run Llama events from, choose shortcut > Llama > then the event you want to run.
    11-20-2015 05:15 PM
    YES, you're absolutely right : this is what I should do
    But in the app, I can choose ONLY launch app, and not shorcuts
    I am in contact with its developer but he does not know how to list the shortcuts
    An idea ?
    11-21-2015 07:54 AM
    YES, you're absolutely right : this is what I should do
    But in the app, I can choose ONLY launch app, and not shorcuts
    I am in contact with its developer but he does not know how to list the shortcuts
    An idea ?
    I think you forgot to mention
    1. what app you are using
    2. and by that, what you are trying to do

If what you want is to run shortcuts and your app can't handle shortcuts, the next logical step is to ditch the app and find one that handles shortcuts. There are plenty.
    11-21-2015 03:03 PM
    Hi buggy_droid,

Sorry for the response time: I was traveling abroad ...

I use WidgetLocker and by clicking SINGLE button, I would switch from state 1 to state 2 (and vice versa).
    Thus, a first click on the button will launch a program 1 (more accurately, a Llama's shortcut) and would display the icon 1
    The second click on the same button will launch a program 2 (another Llama's shortcut) and would display icon 2
    The third click on the same button will launch the program 1 again and would display the icon 1
    etc.

Apparently WidgetLocker not be able to do it (See XDA Forums : forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=825553&page=359)

I searched a lot and ONLY found "Generic Toggle Widget" (See GTW+ at play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mk.generictogglewidgetpaid&hl=fr) BUT GTW+ can ONLY launch app, not shortcuts and its developer does not know how to do

I try to find for him the lines of code to launch Llama's shortcut (and better, the code that would allow him to list all app's shortcuts and launch them) but ... I do not manage

Any idea ?
    Thanks
    Laurent
    11-26-2015 05:06 AM
    If I'm correctly understanding your issue, this may help. I use the app QuickShortcutMaker to access the built-in shortcuts of any app, either for making desktop shortcuts or for activating them through other apps, like Llama or Tasker.

Hi buggy_droid,

Sorry for the response time: I was traveling abroad ...

I use WidgetLocker and by clicking SINGLE button, I would switch from state 1 to state 2 (and vice versa).
    Thus, a first click on the button will launch a program 1 (more accurately, a Llama's shortcut) and would display the icon 1
    The second click on the same button will launch a program 2 (another Llama's shortcut) and would display icon 2
    The third click on the same button will launch the program 1 again and would display the icon 1
    etc.

Apparently WidgetLocker not be able to do it (See XDA Forums : forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=825553&page=359)

I searched a lot and ONLY found "Generic Toggle Widget" (See GTW+ at play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mk.generictogglewidgetpaid&hl=fr) BUT GTW+ can ONLY launch app, not shortcuts and its developer does not know how to do

I try to find for him the lines of code to launch Llama's shortcut (and better, the code that would allow him to list all app's shortcuts and launch them) but ... I do not manage

Any idea ?
    Thanks
    Laurent
    11-26-2015 06:25 AM
    Hi Imposter

I also used QuickShortcutMaker that clearly identified the Llama's package "com.kebab.Llama/com.kebab.Llama.LauncherShortcutRunnerActivity"

I asked the GTW+developper to use it in his program but he does not know how to integrate it in line of code ...

I'm not developper so I do not know how help him

Thanks from developpers to explain how to do !
    11-26-2015 08:44 AM
1,003 ... 3637383940 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD