01-25-2018 03:59 PM
1,003 ... 3738394041
tools
    Maybe skip a step and make a direct link to the thing you want to do, rather than making it a Llama shortcut.
    11-26-2015 08:53 AM
    I can not because the shortcut contains several tasks chaining with conditions (hence the Llama use )
    11-26-2015 09:21 AM
    I can not because the shortcut contains several tasks chaining with conditions (hence the Llama use )
    Use UCCW https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...omwidget&hl=en.
    It lets you make your own custom widgets (Don't be intimidated. It's as easy as picking a predefined shape and color in the app, although it's highly customizable if you are into it. Mine is just a grey circle with a label ) and give them a "hotspot", a link to another app or a shortcut (such as a Llama event!) you can press to execute.

One of the widgets I made by UCCW pops up when I plug my device to a computer's USB port (This is done by Llama, too). Pressing the popped-up icon runs a Llama shortcut which starts USB tethering and a samba server on the device. It effectively creates a makeshift, ad-hoc wired network for file share between the device and the computer without fiddling with other network settings.

One thing I don’t like about UCCW is that it feels a little heavy – responses are often lagged and the app occasionally runs wild for no apparent reason. I need to keep it down by Greenify when not using it. If anyone know a good (simple and lite) alternative to UCCW, I would be most interested.
    11-26-2015 04:44 PM
    Hi buggy_droid

Are you sure that UCCW can do what I want : 2 states with only 1 button (1 state with 1 button is easy : there's a lot widget which do that ...)

Let me know
    Laurent
    11-27-2015 03:06 AM
    Hi buggy_droid

Are you sure that UCCW can do what I want : 2 states with only 1 button (1 state with 1 button is easy : there's a lot widget which do that ...)

Let me know
    Laurent
    I don't know if UCCW can do what you want. I know I can make 2-state, even 3- or 4-state toggles using UCCW, but as I said if there are other apps that do what UCCW does only with less overhead, do let me know. I will take it!!

By the way, to "pop up" UCCW widgets when I want, I use this app. You will find it useful, too.
    11-27-2015 05:27 AM
    Hi buggy_droid

After several tests, UCCW is incredible: it is almost completely configurable EXCEPT it does not reach what I want :
    • . what it can do : 1 task (hotspot) is linked to 1 form
    • . what I want : toggle button requires 2 tasks (so forms) at SAME place : forms being superimposing, only 1 is available

Good try but does not work

The more I consider the more I think the solution is to find how to list and run the app's shortcuts from a program (which lines of code ? )

Any idea ?
    11-28-2015 10:52 AM
    hi,
    I'm using this application for some time and still have same issues:
    1.The app doesn’t change automatically the profile only if I “wake up” the phone (unlock it) --> For example when I get home normally the phone recognize the cell and it must change the profile…but it does not ! only if I “open the flip-case”
    2. I don't have any "profile logo" in the notification bar...it's that normal? I searched in settings but I did not find anything like this! I saw that same colleagues have !

I'm using a Note 4 Android 5.1.1
    12-23-2015 05:20 AM
    hi,
    I'm using this application for some time and still have same issues:
    1.The app doesn’t change automatically the profile only if I “wake up” the phone (unlock it) --> For example when I get home normally the phone recognize the cell and it must change the profile…but it does not ! only if I “open the flip-case”
    If you are on LTE, switch to 3G and use LTE only when you need it. Probably safe to say Llama will never work nice with LTE (absence of unique cell ID).
    If not, then this;
    kebabapps: faq
    My events have an enter/in area condition, and they're still not firing straight away.
    Only once I've turned the screen on. What's causing this?

2. I don't have any "profile logo" in the notification bar...it's that normal? I searched in settings but I did not find anything like this! I saw that same colleagues have !

I'm using a Note 4 Android 5.1.1
    You mean this?
    Llama - Who's Using It and Any Good Examples?-hscie9m.png
    12-24-2015 05:46 PM
    You mean this?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HsCiE9m.png 
Views:	147 
Size:	56.8 KB 
ID:	210826
    yes that one! it's makr but still no Llama logo on the notification bar!
    01-07-2016 12:05 AM
    yes that one! it's makr but still no Llama logo on the notification bar!
    Make sure Settings > apps > Llama > notification is checked.
    Ignoring the possibilities that something is broken (either the OS, Llama, or the hardware) or you set up the device to hide/silence notifications from selected apps, if you set up Llama notification to show and it doesn't, that means Llama service is being killed by the OS (i.e., your device does not have enough RAM for your use case) or by a task killer you set up (basically means the same thing - not enough RAM, but you have more control here. Better yet, stop using a task killer altogether). If Llama service is being killed, no surprise your events are not firing when you want them to. No point kicking a dead Llama to get it to poll cell - it won't.

Try setting "ongoing notification and icon (high priority)". If that doesn't work, you have to uninstall other apps running services in background to free up available RAM. Uninstall any task killer if you use any.
    01-08-2016 05:28 PM
    I love it and ever am struggling with a set of rules, which unlocks the screen lock at "home" - and locks it elsewhere. I cant really get along with it - which leads me to a question, for which I couldn't find an answer yet:
    Is there a logfile where I can see what Llama actually does? - Meaning: Telling me, what are the conditions it's noticing, and what are the events triggered.
    So - a logfile for debugging my rules, not to debug the app "llama"?

Apologies in advance, if this is an over-simple question.

Cheers,
    Wolf
    02-17-2016 06:39 AM
    I love it and ever am struggling with a set of rules, which unlocks the screen lock at "home" - and locks it elsewhere. I cant really get along with it - which leads me to a question, for which I couldn't find an answer yet:
    Is there a logfile where I can see what Llama actually does? - Meaning: Telling me, what are the conditions it's noticing, and what are the events triggered.
    So - a logfile for debugging my rules, not to debug the app "llama"?

Apologies in advance, if this is an over-simple question.

Cheers,
    Wolf
    Go to "event" tab. Tap the clock icon in the bottom right corner.
    02-17-2016 04:35 PM
    Arrrgh - so easy.
    Thanks - you made my day!
    W
    02-18-2016 04:04 AM
    Llama was of the first apps I loaded, and it is GREAT
    02-18-2016 08:17 PM
    1. Airplane mode @ night.
    2. Data sync on when WiFi is on.
    02-25-2016 12:24 PM
    It was one of the first apps I downloaded. Must have.
    02-26-2016 05:38 AM
    Hi everyone,
    Can I use Llama to fix my Push problems with various apps?
    PS: I got an Honor 7.
    03-06-2016 09:02 AM
    hau nou ?
    03-17-2016 03:00 PM
    I have written a number of scripts
    1) Silent mode when at work
    2) Send an SMS to reserve my train seat with CrossCrountry Trains for the journey home at 9:30am if I'm at work.
    3) Send a text message to my missus if my train isn't at the penultimate station to mine by 18:05, telling her that I'm going to be late.

I've documented the last one on my blog
    04-01-2016 07:00 AM
    This might sound like stupid question but what is the difference between "mobile data enabled / disabled" vs "mobile data connected / not connected"? Can someone show example of difference in usage add in not seeing it...many thx great app!
    04-11-2016 02:48 PM
    Hi, enabled/disable just mean that the "button" in on/off, and connected/disconnected means that your phone is actually connected/disconnected to the network...
    04-16-2016 03:52 PM
    Hi everybody
    I would need your kind support in order to solve this issue when I'm at work.

I want to switch the profile from Silent to Loud just when I'm on lunch break (from 1:00 PM to 2:00 PM).
    The canteen is just few meter distance from the office, so I can't play with zones and cells.

I've set an event on the time condition (from 1 PM to 2 PM), that triggers some actions, like "Loud Profile", "screen lock", .... , "Play a sound" (a notification to warn that the phone has become noisy).

The problem is that from 1PM to 2PM the event is repeated (even though I didn't set any repetition in Llama).
    So during the lunch time I can hear many times the notification alert, because the action "Play a sound" gets constantly repeated. Indeed in the Events history I can read that the event has been repeated about every 2 minutes.

This is valid for each of the events created in Llama.

Please, how to solve this problem? Many thanks in advance :-)
    04-21-2016 08:40 AM
    Hi everybody
    I would need your kind support in order to solve this issue when I'm at work.

I want to switch the profile from Silent to Loud just when I'm on lunch break (from 1:00 PM to 2:00 PM).
    The canteen is just few meter distance from the office, so I can't play with zones and cells.

I've set an event on the time condition (from 1 PM to 2 PM), that triggers some actions, like "Loud Profile", "screen lock", .... , "Play a sound" (a notification to warn that the phone has become noisy).

The problem is that from 1PM to 2PM the event is repeated (even though I didn't set any repetition in Llama).
    So during the lunch time I can hear many times the notification alert, because the action "Play a sound" gets constantly repeated. Indeed in the Events history I can read that the event has been repeated about every 2 minutes.

This is valid for each of the events created in Llama.

Please, how to solve this problem? Many thanks in advance :-)
    Hello, Francesco.

Do you have other conditions to the event besides time from 1pm to 2pm?
    If so, the event is triggered every time other conditions are met between 1pm and 2pm.
    The easiest way to make it happen only once at 1pm is to get rid of all other conditions to the event.
    Plus, if you want the event triggered at 1pm and at 1pm only, you don't need to set a 1-hour window (1pm to 2pm).
    You can change that to something like from 1pm to 1:01pm.
    Francesco Gorreri likes this.
    04-21-2016 11:35 AM
    Hello buggy_droid
    thanks for your reply :-)
    Actually yes, I have other conditions to make Llama aware that I'm at work.
    Sometimes I could be travelling, so in those cases I don't want to set any profile from 1PM to 2PM.
    I'll try to set an event to recognize that I'm at work (in office, Silent Profile) with conditions based on cells and timing from 8AM to 1PM OR from 2PM to 5PM.
    Then, I will set the event "Canteen" with same conditions, but timing just from 1:00 to 1:01 PM to trigger the Loud Profile.
    You're right, it should work well. I'll let you know after lunch :-)
    04-22-2016 01:33 AM
    Hello buggy_droid
    thanks for your reply :-)
    Actually yes, I have other conditions to make Llama aware that I'm at work.
    Sometimes I could be travelling, so in those cases I don't want to set any profile from 1PM to 2PM.
    I'll try to set an event to recognize that I'm at work (in office, Silent Profile) with conditions based on cells and timing from 8AM to 1PM OR from 2PM to 5PM.
    Then, I will set the event "Canteen" with same conditions, but timing just from 1:00 to 1:01 PM to trigger the Loud Profile.
    You're right, it should work well. I'll let you know after lunch :-)
    Considering your "loud" event triggers multiple times (that means your phone is in and out of "work" are between 1pm and 2pm), your phone could happen to be out of your "work" area (even if you are physically there) during the narrow window of 1 to 1:01pm. When that happens, your event never triggers for that day.

Alternatively, you can add the following to your existing event (with your original one-hour window);
    Condition: when variable "profile" does not have a value "loud".
    Action: set variable "profile" to "loud".

The above will prevent the same "loud" event from triggering while your "profile" is already "loud".
    You need to set the variable "profile" to "silent" at 8am, too so that your "loud" event triggers at 1pm.
    At 2pm, you can set "profile" to "silent" again, although you don't really have to if you don't use the variable for anything else.
    04-22-2016 08:18 PM
1,003 ... 3738394041
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD