Llama - Who's Using It and Any Good Examples?

kurokirasama

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
hi, whoshoo.

your screen rotation remains on because you haven't it off. You have to create an event, or a queued event so that when the conditions of your event are no longer true, it turns off the screen rotation.

Hi kgnome. Your solution is correct because an OR condition is false where each part it is, and that's an AND.

kurokirasama

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
I've read some conflicting info here and there about Llama on Jelly bean and GPS toggle. I've read that if I'm rooted and have secure settings and the helper installed I should be able to setup events to toggle GPS on/off. I'd like to setup events that will toggle GPS on when I open GPS dependent apps and turn it off when those apps are stopped or in background. Has anyone had any luck with this?

I would like to know that too!!

kurokirasama

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
Hello, i have this issue.

I have the event that when at home and screen is on then it turns wifi on. However, i think that it could be more battery friendy if we could use the user is present condition (ie, screenlock is passed) instead of the screen is on condition.

I tried it, but the event triggers even with the screen off. Also, i have another event that when the screen is off it turns wifi off after a delay. So when i change the first event to the user is present condition, it happened that when the screes goes off, my second event turns wifi off, but then the first event turns wifi on... and so on...

So, any ideas on how to get this working??

funnyrocks

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
I would like to learn how to do that too!!

For the caller id stuff, I think il saw a locale plugin that speaks the caller id on the market.

For the GPS part, you can use "application in foreground" as a condition, with all of your GPS apps. Could take a while to configure, but should work.

funnyrocks

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site

I have the event that when at home and screen is on then it turns wifi on. However, i think that it could be more battery friendy if we could use the user is present condition (ie, screenlock is passed) instead of the screen is on condition.

I tried it, but the event triggers even with the screen off. Also, i have another event that when the screen is off it turns wifi off after a delay. So when i change the first event to the user is present condition, it happened that when the screes goes off, my second event turns wifi off, but then the first event turns wifi on... and so on...

Also had issues with the 'user present' condition. Looks like it depends on the lockscreen you're using. On my cyanogen rom, event also triggers immediately, so i had to use screen on instead.

FLAWLESSVW

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
I haven't found a good way to detect when i'm leave my car. so i just launch it from a shortcut in my cardock app. To detect when i come into my car, i have another NFC tag stuck on my car dock so when i put my phone in the dock, it switches automatically to carmode, turns on GPS, turn on bluetooth (for overhead speakers), launch my cardock app.

If you are using a car dock that launches your phone into dock mode, just set up two new events where the conditions are "When in dock mode" and "When not in dock mode".
I do that and then have it launch my music and Nav apps, set volume, etc., then kill those apps when I leave dock mode. Works perfectly! The only thing that doesn't work on ICS and other newer Android versions is toggle GPS. It used to work for me on earlier versions but the dev says Google stopped support since it's a privacy issue (letting a third party app turn on your GPS could certainly be considered an invasion of privacy). I wish you could override it though, I miss that convenience.

I also cannot toggle 4g anymore which seems DEVICE specific. I could on my HTC Evo Design 4g but not on my SGS2,both running ICS.

Sent from my Samsung GS2 using Tapatalk 2

FLAWLESSVW

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site

So you are just trying to have wifi off when the phone is asleep?

Have you tried just going into your phones wifi menu and pressing the Menu button to get to Advanced? There is a "Keep wifi on during sleep" policy there that can be set to Always, When plugged in, Never". I haven't gotten llama to play nicely with my wifi sleep policy and ended up just using this. I would like more advanced functionality though but have found this the simplest so far...

kurokirasama

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
So you are just trying to have wifi off when the phone is asleep?

Have you tried just going into your phones wifi menu and pressing the Menu button to get to Advanced? There is a "Keep wifi on during sleep" policy there that can be set to Always, When plugged in, Never". I haven't gotten llama to play nicely with my wifi sleep policy and ended up just using this. I would like more advanced functionality though but have found this the simplest so far...

I tried that, but when turning the screen on (implies wifi on), I could not conect to the wifi network inmediately... only after a few minutes.
Besides, I have a few sincronization events, that periodically conect wifi or data for syncing data. So the event to turn wifi off works in that cases too.

FLAWLESSVW

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
That's not the problem, the thing is that Llama can not turn gps on/off...

You won't be able to toggle GPS on android 2.3 or higher. Google disabled 3rd party applications control over your phones GPS since it could be used to spy on you or invade privacy. It sucks and I wish it could be overridden but I understand the logic there.

FLAWLESSVW

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
I tried that, but when turning the screen on (implies wifi on), I could not conect to the wifi network inmediately... only after a few minutes.
Besides, I have a few sincronization events, that periodically conect wifi or data for syncing data. So the event to turn wifi off works in that cases too.

I know it sounds crazy but try rebooting your wireless router and hard reset your phone (pull the battery). I've seen this talked about on other threads not related to Llama where ppl's wifi would take a while to connect and people have reported success after doing that. Long shot but I would try it.

kurokirasama

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
Also had issues with the 'user present' condition. Looks like it depends on the lockscreen you're using. On my cyanogen rom, event also triggers immediately, so i had to use screen on instead.

In my case the event triggers correctly after unlocking the screen, but it also triggers with the screen off, and I have no idea why...

Last edited:

kurokirasama

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
You won't be able to toggle GPS on android 2.3 or higher. Google disabled 3rd party applications control over your phones GPS since it could be used to spy on you or invade privacy. It sucks and I wish it could be overridden but I understand the logic there.

I know, but there's nothing we can do about it?

kurokirasama

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
I know it sounds crazy but try rebooting your wireless router and hard reset your phone (pull the battery). I've seen this talked about on other threads not related to Llama where ppl's wifi would take a while to connect and people have reported success after doing that. Long shot but I would try it.

Yeah, that works... but is annoying doing that every time i use my phone...

kurokirasama

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol