Llama - Who's Using It and Any Good Examples?

nickmax1

Mar 19, 2013
Visit site
Hello,

I also like Llama, but I only want to configure my sound-profiles and for this the app is a bit too complex and needs to much energy.

For those of you who want to easy manage sound-profiles I can suggest the App named "Audio Mode Switcher". It is easy to use and reques really low power.

The app allows you to define weekly recorring times, when to switch to a certain audio-profile - that is really easy like setting the alarm clock.

Furthermore ther is the possibility to synchronize with your calendar. You can define events per keyword (i.e. if the word "meeting" appears in the event-title) or/and per calendars. When the event starts the app switches to a set profile and when it ends it switches again.

Similar to Llama there is also a location-based profile. It does not work such as accurate as Llama, but consumes way less energy. However, it works fine if your defined locations are not near by (about 1 km).

To sum it up - who searches a good alternative to Llama I honestly recommend Audio Mode Switcher.

It is available on PlayStore: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.moleapps.audiomodeswitcher

Bit of blatant self promotion ?!?!

Olivier D

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
olivier - I cant get llams to trigger GPS either,
I have the same event as you (when Maps is active enable GPS) but it doesnt fire.

I think some Llama features only work with custom ROMs. I know I saw this warning somewhere but can't remember exactly. My screenshot might explain your concern (it's when you tap on the '?' icon next to what you want to add to an event)

Attachments

• Screenshot2013_5_7_10.46.0.png
    Screenshot2013_5_7_10.46.0.png
    60.9 KB · Views: 28

nickmax1

Mar 19, 2013
Visit site
i have just got a car (ford smax) and it has an AUX input.
Is there any way I can get llama to identify that as a condition when i put in a 3.5mm jack to 3.5mm jack from my phone to the car?

nickmax1

Mar 19, 2013
Visit site
thanks olivier will try that later

anyone ever made us eof the 2g/3g action?

Looks like its Cryogen custom rom only - anyone had success on other roms?

zcacogp

May 13, 2013
Visit site
Hey, first post on here and I joined up to ask this question ...

I have Llama on an HTC One V, which is rooted.

I would like to use Llama to trigger a reboot every night. Setting up the 'Event' is pretty easy, but it doesn't do anything - when the allotted time comes, nothing happens. I can test the action (using the "Test Actions" button) and it shows an on-screen message saying "Llama-INFO: REBOOTING!!!" but no reboot happens.

I have opened up SuperSU and can see that Llama has been granted SU permissions.

Why will Llama therefore not initiate a reboot?

Thanks, Oli.

nickmax1

Mar 19, 2013
Visit site
thats odd
i just created an event myself and tested and got the reboot message and it then rebooted just fine...

why not describe your event in detail, what does the event history tab tell you about your event?

also - out of idle curiosity, why on earth do you want to reboot your phone?

zcacogp

May 13, 2013
Visit site
Nick,

Thanks. The event is called "Restart at Midnight" and has one condition (time between: 12.00am and 12.01am) and one action (reboot). The instructions say that the action should be triggered by the earliest time in the "Time Between", so should trigger at 12.00am (midnight).

What is the event history tab? If you are referring to the clock face button on the Llama 'home screen' then it says "<Date><Time> - Restart at midnight. Triggered by Event editor test condition". Am I looking in the wrong place?

I want to reboot the 'phone because it slows down with time (I know Android shouldn't but it does) and a reboot makes it crisp and responsive again. A reboot every night automatically would be one less thing to do manually.

Hope that helps. Let me know if I can get some more diagnostic information.

Oli.

nickmax1

Mar 19, 2013
Visit site
hmm dont know what could be wrong.
I recreated your event (condition being time between 14:06-14:07)
and it rebooted no problem so I dont know what it could be....

You are sure that your reboot action setting is for reboot, as the default action is NOT to reboot.

zcacogp

May 13, 2013
Visit site
Hmm. No, tried it again and still no joy.

Yes, the default setting is to do nothing (which strikes me as a bit odd). However I have definitely chosen the "Yes, I really want to reboot!" radiobutton.

(I've just tried it with the 'Do Nothing' option ticked and it ... >ahem< does nothing!)

Oli.

nickmax1

Mar 19, 2013
Visit site
i know you have checked SuperSU, but i suggest deleting llama from SUperSU and trying again, allowing it to run and seeing if that changes things.
Other than that I am stumped as to why yours doesnt work.

zcacogp

May 13, 2013
Visit site
Nick,

Thanks. Good idea and I tried it, but no joy.

Anyone have any more suggestions? (Or even ways of getting better debugging information?)

Oli.

Olivier D

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
Nick,

Thanks. Good idea and I tried it, but no joy.

Anyone have any more suggestions? (Or even ways of getting better debugging information?)

Oli.

Secure settings can do the trick. But this feature is only available if you upgrade it.

There is also another way you can do it, you would have to use commands, I'm not good with them but look up the internet to see if you can find reboot commands for android, Llama, Tasker or Secure settings. It should be universal

Let us know if you find anything good!