Llama - Who's Using It and Any Good Examples?

truemagic

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Hi all,

This is the only task i use Llama for:
- Killing an app on horizontal display and re-enable it when vertical display

However I wish my app to be running quietly (or in other words, started in background) when my display becomes vertical.
Any idea of achieving this? Or killing an app could be just "temporarily" pause an app instead so when I rotate my phone, the freezed app could be enabled again

Thanks in advance!

kurokirasama

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

i just got a galaxy Tab 2 7.0 and I'm try to create an event that will turning off at night. However it doesn't seems to work and I tried to both shutdown commands. The same event works perfectly in my galaxy note. I am rooted.

Any ideas?

kurokirasama

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

yes to everything...

I tried last playstore version and last beta version, also both shutdown commands. and reboot action works perfectly.

When the event is executed, the toast message appears: "shut it down" and nothing else happens.

nickmax1

Mar 19, 2013
Visit site
how weird, it does sound very similar to the other guys issue. My test events shut my phone down just fine (Samsung galaxy S3 with Omega Rom)
Do you have a custom rom? is yours rooted?

new llama beta out today but with mostly translation changes, no new functionality

kurokirasama

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
how weird, it does sound very similar to the other guys issue. My test events shut my phone down just fine (Samsung galaxy S3 with Omega Rom)
Do you have a custom rom? is yours rooted?

new llama beta out today but with mostly translation changes, no new functionality

I think it's weird too, everything works perfect in my galaxy Note, even the reboot action works fine in the galaxy tab, but no the shutdown...

Enviado desde mi GT-N7000 usando Tapatalk 2

RobE2

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
I am grateful for this thread. Llama controls my phone all day long, now. Wifi off and password on when I leave home, then reverse it when I get to work. Go into silent mode around bedtime, and turn alerts on right before the alarm clock goes off. When the phone is docked at work, it leaves the screen on, but otherwise the screen turns off after a minute.

I was having an issue at work where I would connect my phone to my work computer via bluetooth, and then I could use my headphones to listen to the phone and/or the computer without moving the headphones around. Problem was that the headphones have no microphone, so when a call comes in, I can answer it, but not talk until I disconnect. I'm sure there are other ways to handle this, but I just set an event where if the phone rings when I'm connected to my computer, it turns off bluetooth. This lets me answer the phone immediately and walk away from my desk. Before that I would frantically scroll to settings to disconnect, or I would grab my phone and run away from the computer until the connection was broken. This way is much better.

nickmax1

Mar 19, 2013
Visit site
i have been fiddling more with my WIFI On event, as I am not comfortable with wifi polling (i cant see how to use it and common sense tells me it will drain the battery) so now my event is

WIFI ON EVENT
Conditions:
Enter area: three known areas where I have wifi connection
time between: 7-23:00 (as i have an event at night to turn it all off)
Actions:
Toggle mobile data off
toggle wifi on (for at least 30 mins)
change profile to normal

I chose the toggle wifi for 30 mins hoping that when i leave my wifi but am still in a known area my wifi wont turn on..... the problem is that my house is very close to that of my sister in law who has wifi, so my area is very large and when walking around the streets llama thinks I am near a wifi when i am not, so my wifi is on (but not connected) and my data is off so I get no emails at all until I leave the large area or am close enough to my house or my sister in laws to activate wifi again.

not sure this is right now i read it back, but i will test later.

Olivier D

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
Well, I haven't done anything new lately, just small improvements of what I already have done...

Same here!

i have been fiddling more with my WIFI On event, as I am not comfortable with wifi polling (i cant see how to use it and common sense tells me it will drain the battery) so now my event is

WIFI ON EVENT
Conditions:
Enter area: three known areas where I have wifi connection
time between: 7-23:00 (as i have an event at night to turn it all off)
Actions:
Toggle mobile data off
toggle wifi on (for at least 30 mins)
change profile to normal

I chose the toggle wifi for 30 mins hoping that when i leave my wifi but am still in a known area my wifi wont turn on..... the problem is that my house is very close to that of my sister in law who has wifi, so my area is very large and when walking around the streets llama thinks I am near a wifi when i am not, so my wifi is on (but not connected) and my data is off so I get no emails at all until I leave the large area or am close enough to my house or my sister in laws to activate wifi again.

not sure this is right now i read it back, but i will test later.

Here are my improved wifi events (like you I thought Wifi polling would drain too much battery, so it's kind of my personal Wifi polling) :

Event name: Wi-Fi check
At Chantin, Grenouill?re or Clemenceau between 10:30 and 22:59 when your phone disconnects from Livebox-848C, NEUF_3070, NUMERICABLE-8D96 or lasstikonnection when Airplane mode is disabled - delay for 5 minutes and then enable WiFi for 1 minutes then turn off if not connected every 10 minutes

Event name: Wi-Fi connect
When your phone connects to Livebox-848C, NEUF_3070, NUMERICABLE-8D96 or lasstikonnection between 06:00 and 22:59 - change profile to Normal, set Llama variable 'Wi-Fi connected' to 'yes', disable mobile data, send media Stop button, set to 1% brightness, set Llama variable 'Wi-Fi on' to 'yes', set screen timeout to 60 seconds, run a Locale plugin 'ProfileTasker: Home' and enable rotation

Event name: Wi-Fi disconnected
Between 06:00 and 22:59 when 'Wi-Fi on' has a value of 'yes' when your phone disconnects from Livebox-848C, NEUF_3070, NUMERICABLE-8D96 or lasstikonnection when Airplane mode is disabled - enable mobile data, enable WiFi for 5 minutes then turn off if not connected and queue an event named 'Lock if no Wi-Fi' after 10 minutes

Event name: Leaving Wi-Fi area
Upon leaving Chantin|Grenouill?re|Clemenceau between 06:00 and 22:59 when battery rises above 15% when battery rises above 15% when Airplane mode is disabled - change profile to Loud, disable WiFi, disable account sync, enable mobile data, run a Locale plugin 'ProfileTasker: Default' and set Llama variable 'Wi-Fi on' to 'no'

nickmax1

Mar 19, 2013
Visit site
thanks I may duplicate your events!
2 questions:
1 - variables.....how do you define them (and yours specifically) I tried to create a WIFI ON variable but there is no option for YES and no, just increment, decrement and toggle 1 and 0 ???
2 - your wifi check event " enable WiFi for 1 minutes then turn off if not connected every 10 minutes" I assume that involves a queued event?

Last edited:

Olivier D

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
thanks I may duplicate your events!
2 questions:
1 - variables.....how do you define them (and yours specifically)
2 - your wifi check event " enable WiFi for 1 minutes then turn off if not connected every 10 minutes" I assume that involves a queued event?

1- I don't have my own definition for variables but you can take a look at the dev's webpage to understand more KebabApps: FAQ

It's like creating an "if" condition for Llama to work with. For instance, set Llama variable 'Wi-Fi on' to 'yes' : I would definitely have another event where the same variable would have an opposite or different value so I can tell Llama if my Wifi is on, fire the event's actions or don't...get it?

Because you don't see opposite variable values in my wifi events mentioned above doesn't mean they're not there, I may have put them in other events' conditions like battery charging...

2- No there's no queued event, you have to go to advanced options and set the delayed time to fire the event
Below is the detailed Wifi check event :

Event group (optional): Wi

Advanced...:
Delay event
Delay minutes: 5 minutes
Repeat event
Repeat interval: 10 minutes

Conditions (match all):
Enter Area: Chantin, Grenouill?re|Clemenceau
Time Between >
To: 22:59
WiFi Network Disconnected: Livebox-848C, NEUF_3070, NUMERICABLE-8D96 , lasstikonnection
Airplane mode: Airplane mode disabled

Actions:
Toggle WiFi: WiFi On for at least 1 minutes

Events:
At ChantinorGrenouill?re|Clemenceau between 10:30 and 22:59 when your phone disconnects from Livebox-848C, NEUF_3070, NUMERICABLE-8D96 or lasstikonnection when Airplane mode is disabled - delay for 5 minutes and then enable WiFi for 1 minutes then turn off if not connected every 10 minutes

I hope this helps and I don't mind you copy my ideas, this thread is for sharing ;-)

kurokirasama

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
Same here!

Here are my improved wifi events (like you I thought Wifi polling would drain too much battery, so it's kind of my personal Wifi polling) :

At Chantin, Grenouill?re or Clemenceau between 10:30 and 22:59 when your phone disconnects from Livebox-848C, NEUF_3070, NUMERICABLE-8D96 or lasstikonnection when Airplane mode is disabled - delay for 5 minutes and then enable WiFi for 1 minutes then turn off if not connected every 10 minutes

Event name: Wi-Fi connect
When your phone connects to Livebox-848C, NEUF_3070, NUMERICABLE-8D96 or lasstikonnection between 06:00 and 22:59 - change profile to Normal, set Llama variable 'Wi-Fi connected' to 'yes', disable mobile data, send media Stop button, set to 1% brightness, set Llama variable 'Wi-Fi on' to 'yes', set screen timeout to 60 seconds, run a Locale plugin 'ProfileTasker: Home' and enable rotation

Event name: Wi-Fi disconnected
Between 06:00 and 22:59 when 'Wi-Fi on' has a value of 'yes' when your phone disconnects from Livebox-848C, NEUF_3070, NUMERICABLE-8D96 or lasstikonnection when Airplane mode is disabled - enable mobile data, enable WiFi for 5 minutes then turn off if not connected and queue an event named 'Lock if no Wi-Fi' after 10 minutes

Event name: Leaving Wi-Fi area
Upon leaving Chantin|Grenouill?re|Clemenceau between 06:00 and 22:59 when battery rises above 15% when battery rises above 15% when Airplane mode is disabled - change profile to Loud, disable WiFi, disable account sync, enable mobile data, run a Locale plugin 'ProfileTasker: Default' and set Llama variable 'Wi-Fi on' to 'no'

I agree with you that enabling wifi polling all the time will consume a lot of battery. However, you can do the same you are doing enabling it just near your wifi areas, and stoping it when the wifi networks are available and outside your wifi areas (learned from cell towers). Besides, wifi polling don't turn on wifi for a whole minute, so your event might consume more battery that using wifi polling instead in the way I said. This could also solve the problem when wifi areas are near and the cell tower area is too wide.
Basically, you name your wifi areas learned by cell towers "near wifi area" and enable wifi polling only there and when not at wifi area . At your home, or where wifi networks are available, you create the respective "wifi area" and add as a cell tower only the wifi network, and turn off wifi polling here.
You don't need to have enabled wifi polling in wifi areas because turning on the wifi manually, or keeping it on all the time will work as a polling. So when you leave wifi area, ie, disconnects from the wifi networks, wifi polling will be enabled again until you enter again in the wifi area or leave the near wifi area.

Question: where is it and what it does the ProfileTasker plugin?

Last edited:

kurokirasama

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

here i will post and explain my events.

First a little overview of what Llama does for me, then i will add the events and a little explanation.

I'll start with my scheduled syncronization events.
Basically they simulate Juice Defender behaviour: they activate synchro every few minutes. There are 8 of them, 4 for data (when not in wifi zones) and 4 for wifizones. In each class there are two for weekdays and two for weekends (in weekend the time bettween syncronizations is longer), and they divide beetwen a normal and peak schedule. For instance, in wifizone, in weekdays, normal schedule is every 20 min and peak every 10, and in weekends, normal every 1 hour and peak every 15 min. You can customize it at your will.
Of course, they not execute at night, or with low batery.

My network control events, activates wifi with the screen on if it is disconnected (actually, only when user is present), and desactivates wifi and data (if they are connected) when the screen turns off. And some correcting event like stop wifi syncronization if I get out of a wifi zone and the syncro its been executed, or turning off date if it is enabled and i'm connected to a wifi network,etc

My night event activates the night profile (all volume to zero) and It will turn every syncro off. Then my alarm events (two fixed, and one variable for if i want to wake up later than usual), wake me up xD, turn profile to normal and also give the go to the syncronization events.

Then i have some app control events, like start dropsync syncro after titanium backup make the backup, or controling lux app trough it locale plugin: only enabled when the screen is on.

Then some app network control events, here i set which app will keep wifi or data on with the screen off. Also i don't turn data on with the screen like wifi, only when and app that use it is activated. And also turn on gps with google maps and turning off when maps is closed.

I also have some automated msjs when i arrive or leave work to my wife (copied to someone else here :p).

I use a lot of variables, so i have some dedicated events to asign manually values to some of them when its needed. And also, other events asign automatically values to some variables. For example, since i have 8 syncronization events, editing wifizones will make me edit 4 of them too. So i have and event that when i'm in a wifi zone or out of them, it asign the corresponding value to the "wifizone" variable, and is that variable that i use in my synchronization events instead of a location condition.

Like i said a few time before, i use wifipolling with the home and near home areas events. And since bluetooth polling doens't work as i expected, i made my on bluetooth polling that is activated under certain conditions.

One event that could be useful is the one that start the homecreen after a call ends. It also start wave control app and its plugin, to answer/end the call with waves over the proximity sensor.

Also the battery events, when battery level is below a threshold, syncronization is stoped, bright is decreased (trough lux plugin), etc.

Here it goes the back up. You could backup your llama settings, copy them to a save location and then import this one to test the events. Nevertheless, i will add the link (from the share option) of every event and a little explanation later.

Llama backup