Llama - Who's Using It and Any Good Examples?

nickmax1

Mar 19, 2013
Visit site
Wow kurokirasama thats great.
I am unsure as to what your backup does, as I have imported your backup but there are only a few events there - you mention you will be adding links of every event later but shouldnt all your events be present in your backup?

Olivier D

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
Question: where is it and what it does the ProfileTasker plugin?
Enviado desde mi GT-N7000 usando Tapatalk 2

Profile 4 Tasker is a locale plugin app for CyanogenMod ROMs. It is my solution for lockscreen pattern issues in Llama and Tasker where in CM you can set a profile that has lockscreen pattern completely deactivated without issues. The known issue with Llama or Tasker is even after disabling pattern, when you open a notification, the pattern automatically enables itself.

Like i said a few time before, i use wifipolling with the home and near home areas events. And since bluetooth polling doens't work as i expected, i made my on bluetooth polling that is activated under certain conditions.

One event that could be useful is the one that start the homecreen after a call ends. It also start wave control app and its plugin, to answer/end the call with waves over the proximity sensor.

Llama backup

1- No offense but I don't understand your explanation on the wifi polling, as it is already not clear to me in Llama on how to use it. Maybe I'll take a look in your backup to see how it's setup, or I'll just wait for your detailed events.

2- I'm intersted in your use of wave control app as a plugin! I use Proximity Actions to turn off my screen and lock when screen is on, also to wake the device when screen is off...recently to answer a call too. All this because my power button doesn't work well and to avoid the device waking up in my pocket.
Because of poor RAM on my device, I have to enable the foreground service and it uses 5% of my battery. How do you use yours? As mine is not a locale plugin app

I am unsure as to what your backup does, as I have imported your backup but there are only a few events there - you mention you will be adding links of every event later but shouldnt all your events be present in your backup?

Maybe he modified the settings for what you asked

kurokirasama

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site

Yes it should. Are you using the last beta version, or the plays tore version?

nickmax1

Mar 19, 2013
Visit site
latest beta.
It does say loading successful please restart llama, then i do and it says loading failed.

But i have quite a lot of your areas loaded, and 6 simple events (left home, left work, normal at home, normal outside work, quiet and night and quiet at work.
5 profiles are there too (noche, normal, outside, silencio and trabajo)

there must be missing events there

Strangely when i import my own settings back it does it without error.

nickmax1

Mar 19, 2013
Visit site
I am an *****. I thought i was on the latest beta but i recently wiped my phone to install a new rom so he Play Store version was installed. Updated to BETA and the import works great.

I tip my hat to you kurokirasama you have some serious events going on there. It was very difficult to follow a lot of them but i got some good tips to adapt my own.

mlcampbe

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
I need some help setting up bluetooth events. I am new to llama and got the basic stuff setup but want to configure bluetooth to be enabled when I am in the car.

A couple of options I have thought of:

1 - Add to my not at home event that turns bluetooth on when not at home and then turn it off when at home. That will work but a lot of times I am not at home and also not in the car.
2 - I can create an event to turn bluetooth on for 1 minute then disconnect if not connected. I would have to schedule this to repeat to re-connect after I get in and out of the car. That does not seem very battery friendly.

Whats the best way to do this?

Last edited:

kurokirasama

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
One way to do it is using bluetooth polling. I don't recommend it since it doesn't behave properly.

What I do to connect to my car is:

- Every time I get out of my house, I turn bluetooth on for at least 3 minutes and turn off if not connected. Since my home area only have my home wifi network as a "cell tower", it works fine.

- then, when I disconnect from the car and I'm not at home, I start my own bluetooth polling every 5 minutes.

- connected to the car again, bluetooth polling off

- disconnected from the car, bluetooth off

Last edited:

kurokirasama

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
How odd, I'm sure I answered you.

About polling, look under polling group in the backup, or a few post ago u ve the details too.

Edited,

- rename your location "home" learned by cell towers to "near home"
- in experimental configurations enable wifi polling.
- create an area called "home" and just add as a "cell tower" your wifi name or Mac.
- event; when leaving home turn wifi off.
- events;
1. In near home but not at home, change wifi polling rate to 5 min
2. Leaving near home or at home, change wifi polling to never.

About wave control. Any app that use proximity sensor all the time will consume a lot of battery, even more if it is used during screen off. That's why I activate it only during calls, and end with them.

To use it is simple. First your needs to enable an app option to get executed in the background, and create a internal profile where all gestures are empty (so only call gestures are available). When the call starts, you run the app, one or two seconds later you run its plugin, activating the empty profile and enabling the proximity sensor reading. When the call ends, you stop the reading (with the pluging) and kill the app.
The event is called "ending call" in system control group.

Last edited:

Bam Bam Clark

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
Love this app, have been using since my Blackberry days 4 or 5 years ago. Here's the issue I am trying to figure out now - hoping someone will have an answer for me:
I own a Galaxy S3, and as much as I love it, it is a battery hog. What I would love to do is create a profile which when enabled, also enables/disables the wifi, gps, bluetooth, and mobile data. I know that's where events come in, so is there a condition I can enable in an event that would trigger the event based on a profile (i.e. when in "Road Trip", disable wifi, etc....)? Thanks in advance for anyone's help.

Olivier D

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
About wave control. Any app that use proximity sensor all the time will consume a lot of battery, even more if it is used during screen off. That's why I activate it only during calls, and end with them.

To use it is simple. First your needs to enable an app option to get executed in the background, and create a internal profile where all gestures are empty (so only call gestures are available). When the call starts, you run the app, one or two seconds later you run its plugin, activating the empty profile and enabling the proximity sensor reading. When the call ends, you stop the reading (with the pluging) and kill the app.
The event is called "ending call" in system control group.

Ok, thanks. I'm actually testing the wifi polling, I never knew one had to create near areas and wifi names as an area. Since I use multiple areas with trusted wifi's, I don't use home as a name and also use other areas so I hope I got it right.

As for the proximity app, unfortunately I always need it on so I can wake my device up since my power button is useless. Or maybe I can just make Llama run the app whenever I turn my screen off, but it might also be a problem because when my pattern lock is enabled, I would have to unlock and tap on sleep in my notification drawer/quick settings...thoughts?

Love this app, have been using since my Blackberry days 4 or 5 years ago. Here's the issue I am trying to figure out now - hoping someone will have an answer for me:
I own a Galaxy S3, and as much as I love it, it is a battery hog. What I would love to do is create a profile which when enabled, also enables/disables the wifi, gps, bluetooth, and mobile data. I know that's where events come in, so is there a condition I can enable in an event that would trigger the event based on a profile (i.e. when in "Road Trip", disable wifi, etc....)? Thanks in advance for anyone's help.

If you do road trips very often and in specific areas, you can make Llama learn those areas or your daily areas and add them as conditions to enable or disable your network connections. For instance when leaving Areas (home + work + family) - disable wifi, disable gps, disable bluetooth, disable mobile data.
Assuming you always have them on.

I suggest you read through the thread too, you might find other useful ideas.

kurokirasama

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
Ok, thanks. I'm actually testing the wifi polling, I never knew one had to create near areas and wifi names as an area. Since I use multiple areas with trusted wifi's, I don't use home as a name and also use other areas so I hope I got it right.

As for the proximity app, unfortunately I always need it on so I can wake my device up since my power button is useless. Or maybe I can just make Llama run the app whenever I turn my screen off, but it might also be a problem because when my pattern lock is enabled, I would have to unlock and tap on sleep in my notification drawer/quick settings...thoughts?

Is a good idea to have it enabled only with the screen off. You could use an app like "keep the screen on", to keep the screen on while you use the phone...

nickmax1

Mar 19, 2013
Visit site
Despite my wifi off event, that switches wifi off and data on when i leave an area, when i go into a "free wifi cloud" zone somehow my wifi turn itself on again.......grrrrrr how do i overcome that!

Olivier D

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
Is a good idea to have it enabled only with the screen off. You could use an app like "keep the screen on", to keep the screen on while you use the phone...

That's not gonna work for me. My power button is broken, I need the sensor to wake my phone up, I don't have a choice, besides I make Llama change the screen timeout time depending on where I am.

I've adopted the wifi polling feature by following your steps, unfortunately it misbehaves. I'm actually at home writing this post from my computer. But since I got home, I checked Llama and it thinks I'm at home (the wifi signal designated to the area). Weird...I'll post my events regarding the wifi when I get a chance, because they're not as simple as you suggested, I put my personal touch in them.

kurokirasama

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
That's not gonna work for me. My power button is broken, I need the sensor to wake my phone up, I don't have a choice, besides I make Llama change the screen timeout time depending on where I am.

I've adopted the wifi polling feature by following your steps, unfortunately it misbehaves. I'm actually at home writing this post from my computer. But since I got home, I checked Llama and it thinks I'm at home (the wifi signal designated to the area). Weird...I'll post my events regarding the wifi when I get a chance, because they're not as simple as you suggested, I put my personal touch in them.

That's why you enable the sensor only with the screen off, to turn it on again. The other app will keep your screen on while you use it, so it doesn't s accidentally turn off.

You are at home and Llama thinks that you are at home?

Olivier D

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
That's why you enable the sensor only with the screen off, to turn it on again. The other app will keep your screen on while you use it, so it doesn't s accidentally turn off.

You are at home and Llama thinks that you are at home?

What I meant is I'm home but the wifi polling event didn't trigger. screenshots will show how.

"grenouill?re" is home for me. Let me know if I did something wrong

Attachments

• 2013_06_17_18.51.48.png
    2013_06_17_18.51.48.png
    108.2 KB · Views: 20
  • 2013_06_17_18.54.14.png
    2013_06_17_18.54.14.png
    108.3 KB · Views: 19
  • 2013_06_17_23.15.39.png
    2013_06_17_23.15.39.png
    41.5 KB · Views: 18
  • 2013_06_17_23.17.06.png
    2013_06_17_23.17.06.png
    38.8 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:

nickmax1

Mar 19, 2013
Visit site
with reference to WIFI Name in a particular area, I have 4 areas, all of which have a known Wifi. But only one of those four in "My areas" have a recognised wifi name (as well as 30-40 cells)

How do i add a wifi name (ie a wifi SSID) to an area?

Olivier D

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
with reference to WIFI Name in a particular area, I have 4 areas, all of which have a known Wifi. But only one of those four in "My areas" have a recognised wifi name (as well as 30-40 cells)

How do i add a wifi name (ie a wifi SSID) to an area?

Wifi polling has to be enabled in settings first. Go to the Recent tab, long press on the Wifi name or Mac and add it to the desired area