Llama - Who's Using It and Any Good Examples?

a_dee

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
I've been using llama for over a year now with great success on my Nexus 4. Just earlier this week I upgraded to Kit Kat 4.4 and it looks like when wifi is ON, the OS doesn't send cell tower changes out to llama. Basically llama detection goes dead. The only times I can get cell tower changes to show is to turn off the screen and wake it back up. Then you'll see the cell tower entry as the current time. When I turn wifi off, it works. I tried turning off location services but it still seems broken.

Just sharing in case others have encountered this.

bveyndhoven

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
I've been using llama for over a year now with great success on my Nexus 4. Just earlier this week I upgraded to Kit Kat 4.4 and it looks like when wifi is ON, the OS doesn't send cell tower changes out to llama. Basically llama detection goes dead. The only times I can get cell tower changes to show is to turn off the screen and wake it back up. Then you'll see the cell tower entry as the current time. When I turn wifi off, it works. I tried turning off location services but it still seems broken.

Just sharing in case others have encountered this.

Have you tried adjusting the cell polling settings?

Go into the settings screen. Set cell polling mode to always on. Under cell polling options you can adjust the cell polling interval. This forces regular polling even when the screen is off.

Posted via Android Central App using Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini

anon8164182

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
When I look at the 'Recent' tab, there are some Cells that say 'not added to any area'. I know I was at home at this time, so should I add these cells to my home area to improve accuracy? Is that how it works?

raino

Q&A Team
Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
When I look at the 'Recent' tab, there are some Cells that say 'not added to any area'. I know I was at home at this time, so should I add these cells to my home area to improve accuracy? Is that how it works?

Depends. Are your Home area events triggering properly? And by properly I mean when they're supposed to, staying on whenever and wherever you intended them to, etc. If they are, then expanding the Home area may not be a good idea, as events may start triggering prematurely.

anon8164182

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
Depends. Are your Home area events triggering properly? And by properly I mean when they're supposed to, staying on whenever and wherever you intended them to, etc. If they are, then expanding the Home area may not be a good idea, as events may start triggering prematurely.

Ah right, yes they do work okay at the moment. I have it set to turn wifi off when I leave my Home area but that doesn't kick in until I'm about a 15-minute walk away, but I suppose that's reasonably accurate for an area is it?

Would it be worth adding some of these other cells and seeing if it improves, and if not just clear them all and start learning the area again?

raino

Q&A Team
Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
Ah right, yes they do work okay at the moment. I have it set to turn wifi off when I leave my Home area but that doesn't kick in until I'm about a 15-minute walk away, but I suppose that's reasonably accurate for an area is it?

Sounds about right. My Home area is at least .25 miles in radius.

Would it be worth adding some of these other cells and seeing if it improves, and if not just clear them all and start learning the area again?

Not a bad idea. The fewer network cells you have around home, the larger your Home area will be.

bveyndhoven

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
There are 11 cells contacted when I'm actually at home. My home area has about a 600m radius (about 700 yards). Location poking by cell towers just doesn't get more accurate than this but it's still pretty decent :)

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
I have two questions:

1. I want Llama should schedule and check any tweet update every two hours. What should be my Event rule? I use twicca or Plum as twitter client.
2. I want to reboot my phone every night right at 2 AM. How do I do that?

mikerno

Dec 15, 2013
Visit site
Hi! Sorry for my English.
I would like to know if the functions AND, OR, Run App Shortcut work.
I set these functions but when I turn back, it reset all.
Example: I see this
AND { } , OR []
Is it only my problem?

Olivier D

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
I have two questions:

1. I want Llama should schedule and check any tweet update every two hours. What should be my Event rule? I use twicca or Plum as twitter client.
2. I want to reboot my phone every night right at 2 AM. How do I do that?

1. I don't use tweeter but you can create an event with a time condition (8 AM to 8 PM), go to the event's advanced options and check repeat event, then specify 2 hours for the interval. The event action should be to run an app, choose your app and I'm hoping for you that your tweeter app updates the feed every time it's in foreground.
2. Same as previous, time condition, specify between 2:00 and 2:01. Action Reboot. As mentionned in Llama, reboot requires root.

bveyndhoven

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
Hi! Sorry for my English.
I would like to know if the functions AND, OR, Run App Shortcut work.
I set these functions but when I turn back, it reset all.
Example: I see this
AND { } , OR []
Is it only my problem?

Hi,

And and or work quite similar. You add the and or or condition and another screen pops up. There you have to add conditions and after adding the last one, you press the back key of your device. . You actually define conditions within the and or or condition itself. So when you add am and condition, you have to specify which conditions are member to be true at the sand time.
The run app shortcut action works very simple. It's like you schedule to tap an app shortcut icon on your home screen. You can only ruin shortcuts for apps that support shortcuts this way (like the 1-click cleanup from Clean Master).

mikerno

Dec 15, 2013
Visit site
I add conditions but when I press the back key I see: AND { } , OR []
It don't save the conditions.
Same thing for Run App Shortcut. I select shortcut but when I press the back key, don't save it.
I have SGS2 with Jelly Bean 4.1.2.
Maybe I have disabled some processes or changed some settings.
Can you help me?
Thanks

Bruttus1

Dec 22, 2013
Visit site
Hello, apologizing for my bad English . I have a SGSII , 4.1.2 Jelly Bean. I need advice with a llama because I am a complete layman. I need to set :
1.The areas "Home" named -enabled Wi-Fi networks , turn off mobile data and profile settings for the home with the help of reach of home WiFi network
2.The areas "Out of Home" mobile data is turned on , turned off WiFi and outdoor profile, including through the range of your home network.
3.Ride where my car handsfree with BT .
and / Get in the car , connect to the handsfree kit and change your profile to silent and let the active mobile data.
b / out of the car , disconnect from HFS, change the profile to the outside , letting active mobile data.
1 and 2 of my work using telephone poles . Unfortunately, I have a place at home within 2 masts and their range is too large and does not satisfy me .
Trying to reach domestic use WiFi but do not know how to do it . When WiFi is enabled on the phone and I'm at home , so leaving it works perfectly.
Unfortunately, when I come home and it should turn on WiFi , so anything and of course nothing other events too .
Similarly, with " Get in the car " and when it is on BT , to unite with HFS and completes other akce.Když BT is turned on , nothing .
When I get out of the car so it's ok .
Foolishly I thought when I leave WiFi and BT monitor that turn themselves without my having to turn by hand.
Does anyone know how to do it ? I will be grateful for any valuable advice

VERSEAU

Dec 28, 2013
Visit site
Hi !

I've turned recently into an intensive llama user. Love this app and what it can do !

I have several questions :
. how to detect the BT is active ?
. how to manage physical buttons (like ON / OFF button pushed twice) ?
. how to switch from cells mode to GPS mode by event ?
. how to manage the screen flip ?
. how to detect the change in profil ?
. when you lock a profile, the color of the Llama icon turns gray : how to keep the original color ?

THANKS for taking time to answer me
Laurent

raino

Q&A Team
Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
Hello, apologizing for my bad English . I have a SGSII , 4.1.2 Jelly Bean. I need advice with a llama because I am a complete layman. I need to set :
1.The areas "Home" named -enabled Wi-Fi networks , turn off mobile data and profile settings for the home with the help of reach of home WiFi network
2.The areas "Out of Home" mobile data is turned on , turned off WiFi and outdoor profile, including through the range of your home network.
1 and 2 of my work using telephone poles . Unfortunately, I have a place at home within 2 masts and their range is too large and does not satisfy me .
Trying to reach domestic use WiFi but do not know how to do it . When WiFi is enabled on the phone and I'm at home , so leaving it works perfectly.
Unfortunately, when I come home and it should turn on WiFi , so anything and of course nothing other events too .
I have an event somewhat like what you're trying to do:

Event Name: WiFi toggle
Advanced:
-Delay Event: checked
-Delay minutes: 0
-Delay seconds: 10 seconds
-Cancel delayed if false: checked
Condition: WiFi Network Disconnected (select your home SSID)
Action: WiFi (off) (my event ends here)
Action: Mobile Data (on) (this is for you. I don't have this particular action in my event)

So what this event will do is whenever your home network disconnects, like when you're driving away out of reach, your phone will wait for 10 seconds, then turn WiFi off, and (hopefully) turn Mobile Data on.

I don't know how the opposite event (WiFi on, Mobile Data off) would work without a location based condition, sorry.

. when you lock a profile, the color of the Llama icon turns gray : how to keep the original color ?

Long press whichever profile's color is changing, and hit Edit Profile. Then, scroll down to the Llama Icon section, and under Llama icons, set whatever color you want it to be.

BJozi

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
I think I have my head around variables but I'm wondering how to go about it the right way.

I want to have a Home Area and Home Variable.
Home Area - For when I'm connected to mast/cells near my home to set the variable to Yes
Home - As above really but also when I'm connected to my home wifi

What I'm wondering though is that once the variable is Yes but I then leave my Home area/Home how do I toggle the variable to No?

Do I queue another event (within the Home Area/Home event) to set the variable to No or do I make up another variable that sets the value to No?

LOTL2

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
Not sure if this has been asked in some form or not, but i didnt see anything while searching through this thread.
Im running a Droid Maxx and have 3 events set up.
One for Left Home - Changes profile to Normal (normal for me is loud everything)
The 2nd one is for Quiet at Home Changes Profile to Quiet (keep the wife happy)
3rd one is for Silent at Home - Changes Profile to Silent between 9:00 PM and 7:00 A.M.

I set the 3rd one up last night and at 7:00 this morning it stayed on Silent. Shouldn't it be able to change back to Quiet after the 7:00 A.M.?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital