Llama - Who's Using It and Any Good Examples?

raino

Q&A Team
Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
Is there a recipe for when wifi is connected, you can bypass your android lock screen pin?

Try:

Condition: WiFi network connected (you can choose any network, or particular network(s))
Action: Screen lock password (to disable password, you leave it blank and hit ok. Twice, because it asks you to confirm.)

You would also want to create another event for when your phone is not connected to a WiFi network. If you don't your phone would stay unlocked because nothing told Llama to lock your phone (Llama is non-assumptive like that.) The condition would just be WiFi network disconnected, and the action would be the same, you'd just be entering in your actual lock screen password here twice.

kraigg

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
I’m not sure if this is possible to do with Llama, but I’m hoping it isn’t too complex.

I’m connected to a wide variety of WiFi networks each day, and I’m trying to display a notification to tell me which WiFi network I’m currently connected to. My Llama event would be something like this:

"When WiFi is connected to any network > Display the name of the WiFi SSID in the status bar”

I have the condition part working, and I’m able to display toast messages, but I’m not sure how to retrieve the SSID name. Is there a way to do this?

Olivier D

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
I’m not sure if this is possible to do with Llama, but I’m hoping it isn’t too complex.

I’m connected to a wide variety of WiFi networks each day, and I’m trying to display a notification to tell me which WiFi network I’m currently connected to. My Llama event would be something like this:

"When WiFi is connected to any network > Display the name of the WiFi SSID in the status bar”

I have the condition part working, and I’m able to display toast messages, but I’m not sure how to retrieve the SSID name. Is there a way to do this?

did a search on play store for "SSID plugin" and found some useful apps : Wifi SSID Widget, SSID Notify etc. Have a look and see what fits your needs

kraigg

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
did a search on play store for "SSID plugin" and found some useful apps : Wifi SSID Widget, SSID Notify etc. Have a look and see what fits your needs

Thanks for your help. I was hoping that Llama could do this so I wouldn't have to have an additionally app.

I ended up testing the other apps on Google Play but they don't seem to do exactly what I'm after, which is keeping the name of the SSID permanently in the status bar. I wanted to be able to glance which WiFi I'm connected to, without having to quit the app I'm using to go to the home screen and look at the WiFi widget.

kraigg

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
Or setup an event to each WIFI you want to be notified.

Thanks. It's not an elegant solution but it's fairly close to what I'm after.

I've set up up an event for each of the known WiFi I connect to. The only problem is that when I set up the action as a "reminder" it flashes up my messag ("xxx WiFi ") for one second then goes into the notification pulldown menu. The message doesn't stay in the status bar. So if I miss the text when it flashes I still have to go into the notification pulldown to see which WiFi network I'm connected to.

I was hoping my message could stay permanently in the status bar so I'd always know which WiFi network I'm connected to, no matter which app I was in

Maybe customizing the status bar is not available in Android by default?

Geotig

Jun 9, 2013
Visit site
You should take a look at Xposed and its modules, there's one named XSSID Indicator that shows next to the clock the name of the Wifi network you are connected to.

You need to install the Xposed Framework and have a rooted phone to use this solution tho.

Search the XDA Forums for "Xposed Framework" and "XSSID Indicator".

Hope it fills your needs!

kraigg

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
You should take a look at Xposed and its modules, there's one named XSSID Indicator that shows next to the clock the name of the Wifi network you are connected to.

You need to install the Xposed Framework and have a rooted phone to use this solution tho.

Search the XDA Forums for "Xposed Framework" and "XSSID Indicator".

Hope it fills your needs!

Thanks Geotig, that sounds good! I used to have Xposed Framework on my phone but had to uninstall it a few months ago when I moved to ART. That's not a problem, I can move back onto DALVIK and try out this Xposed module. Thanks!

anon8164182

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
Just wondering if anyone can help out here. I'm trying to get Llama to kill a dash cam app (DailyRoads Voyager) when I exit car mode (using Google's Car Home app).

Currently I'm using this: 'When not in car mode - kill DailyRoads Voyager with root privileges die! die! die!' which works okay, but sometimes DRV will keep running in the background after exiting car mode.

Is there a better way of doing this?

buggy_droid

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
Just wondering if anyone can help out here. I'm trying to get Llama to kill a dash cam app (DailyRoads Voyager) when I exit car mode (using Google's Car Home app).

Currently I'm using this: 'When not in car mode - kill DailyRoads Voyager with root privileges die! die! die!' which works okay, but sometimes DRV will keep running in the background after exiting car mode.

Is there a better way of doing this?

Killing with or without root never worked very well for me.

I use greenify to hibernate apps. You can hibernate a single app using locale plugin action in Llama. Works every time.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

buggy_droid

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
Hi all,
I have a problem with one of the events I set up, and I would like advice from you llama experts.

Basically, my event does;
Conditions:
1. every night between 1:00 am and 6:00 am,
2. when screen is off,
3. variable 'at night' has value 0.
Actions:
1. run application Darker (make display darker)
2. stop application Auto screen on (screen on by proximity sensor)
3. set profile to Silent
4. queue another event
wait 1 second, if at home, enable Airplane mode
5. queue another event
wait 1 minute, if Airplane mode is enabled, turn on WiFi (to get email, texts, etc.)
6. queue another event
wait 1 minute 5 seconds, set variable 'at night' to 1 (prevent this event to repeat every time screen turns on and off)

Everything works except Action 5 to turn on WiFi.
There is a deliberate long wait before this action to make sure Airplane mode kicks in. However, event history shows that as soon as Action 4 (Airplane mode) happens (in the same second), Action 5's 'delay cancelled because conditions were no longer met'. I just can't figure out why.
Action 5 has only one condition (Airplane mode enabled) and it's just met by Action 4.
It appears that Action 5 ran before Airplane mode actually kicked in, but isn't Action 5 supposed to wait for 1 minute before it event checks whether its conditions are met?

(edit: No it isn't. Queued events are canceled the moment their conditions test false. If the phone is not in airplane mode when Action 5 is queued, it gets canceled. This is the reason it doesn't work.)

What's more confusing is that Action 5 doesn't always fail. Unfortunately, I haven't checked event history when it does work, though.

Can any one explain this behavior?
Btw, Action 6 runs a whole 1 minute 5 seconds later as it supposed to, satisfying its intended purpose.

Last edited:

SquaredCircle

Feb 17, 2014
Visit site
Posted this a few pages back, but got no response. Hoping someone may be able to help.

My car doesn't have bluetooth, so when I listen to music from my phone I hook it up through an auxiliary cable. During this time, I'll sometimes have a bluetooth earpiece in for when I get a phone call. When I do get a call (or when I make a call), I have to unplug my phone from the aux cable or else the sound from the phone call would come through my car's speakers.

Is there any way to get Llama to have the phone call's audio go through my earpiece while my phone is plugged into the aux cable, but still have music from my app of choice coming through my car's speakers (not at the same time obviously)?

lira

Jun 8, 2014
Visit site
Hi all - first post here.

I like my Llama. However, when I recently traveled abroad I wanted to temporarily disable / close the program and could not for the life of me figure out how. I don't want to just disable all the events since I don't need the icon clutter and I like to minimize unnecessary background processes. I tried killing the program and it just restarted.

How do I end Llama without uninstalling it? (The plan being to restart it when I get home.) And if uninstall is the only option, how best can I backup my cells/events?

Thank you!

Lira

raino

Q&A Team
Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
How do I end Llama without uninstalling it? (The plan being to restart it when I get home.) And if uninstall is the only option, how best can I backup my cells/events?

If you have all your events sorted into groups, you can long press on the group name and that will bring up three choices, two of which are enable all and disable all. Even if you haven't grouped events, Llama should have them all under a category called Ungrouped, and you can long press on that.

Olivier D

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
Hi all - first post here.

I like my Llama. However, when I recently traveled abroad I wanted to temporarily disable / close the program and could not for the life of me figure out how. I don't want to just disable all the events since I don't need the icon clutter and I like to minimize unnecessary background processes. I tried killing the program and it just restarted.

Thank you!

Lira

If you have all your events sorted into groups, you can long press on the group name and that will bring up three choices, two of which are enable all and disable all. Even if you haven't grouped events, Llama should have them all under a category called Ungrouped, and you can long press on that.

Or you can just press menu on main screen and tap on quit. It'll disable the app until you open it again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy