Llama - Who's Using It and Any Good Examples?

buggy_droid

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
Ahhhh So I can just hop into Llama, set it to silent and hit the padlock to ensure it stays silent. Thank you for that.

Are there any nifty ways to use Llama to set a temporary sound profile that is on a timer? I used to use the Silent Time app's Quick Quiet option which is nice but I am looking to consolidate my apps.

In all of my regular sound profile events (work, home, out, sleep), I have an additional condition: when Llama variable "profile lock" has a value of 0. Don't confuse this with the lock you manually place on the current profile. This is just a variable named "profile lock". Then, I have an event that put my phone in silent profile and set "profile lock" variable to 1 at the beginning of calendar events "meeting". Another event in Llama reset "profile lock" variable to 0 at the end of scheduled "meeting" events. Changing "profile lock" value to 0 will trigger one of my regular sound profile events and put the phone to an appropriate profile for the time and place.

Instead of using calendar events, you can use whatever the conditions you want to toggle "profile lock" between 0 and 1. You keep your temp profile as long as "profile lock" is 1, quickly go back to a regular profile when "profile lock" is 0.

buggy_droid

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
I am trying to use llama to control whether or not my alarm goes off depending on my location but I'm not sure how to go about it.

I basically have alarms for tasks I have to do at set times when I'm at work but I don't want it going off if I'm not in work. My old phone had a location setting in the built in alarm clock which was great but my new one doesn't have it.

Thanks for reading

Llama can make noise & repeat it with whatever the conditions, time, location, etc.
You can use that in place of your alarm?

buggy_droid

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
Hi there,
started using Llama since one week which gives me better results than Profile Scheduler before, but some questions:

Recent problem with bluetooth connections to car from Android 4.2 on (> Huawei P6 / car Opel Zafira tourer with BT)
Before was able to connect directly , now I need to do some tricks. This BT problem is discussed on many fora but until now seen no real solutions.
When bluetooth is on my car will recognize a bluetooth signal but not make a connection. If I then switch off BT en then switch on BT it makes a connection. Can this be done automatically with Llame ?
When leaving 'home' or 'work' bluetooth is switched on on my Phone (after screen on) but I want to have a BT off/ BT on sequence to connect with my car.
Can anyone help me on this ?
grtz,
Dirk

I don't use Llama to control Bluetooth, so I don't know if this really work.
According to the guide, Llama's Bluetooth action has two options;
1. Llama turns Bluetooth on briefly then turn it back off if not connected to another device.
2. Llama turns off Bluetooth if not connected to another device.

It may sound stupid, but you can repeat the two actions above 24/7 at a desired frequency, or activate them when and where you are likely to be in your car. It should turn Bluetooth off then on if not connected, and keep it on as long as it's connected.

shinra00

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
Thank you very much for the info and tips buggy_droid! will try to create my Event and report back how it goes. thank you for your time! :)

happy_bunny

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for that, I have done it that way but I was hoping to get it to take control of the existing alarm functionality in order to be able to swipe dismiss or snooze without having to unlock the phone.

I was looking at the android intent commands to see if I could get it to toggle the alarm on and off based on the location but it kept coming up with a failed message so I must have done something wrong

Thanks anyway ☺

buggy_droid

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for that, I have done it that way but I was hoping to get it to take control of the existing alarm functionality in order to be able to swipe dismiss or snooze without having to unlock the phone.

I was looking at the android intent commands to see if I could get it to toggle the alarm on and off based on the location but it kept coming up with a failed message so I must have done something wrong

Thanks anyway ☺

Four options off the top of my head.
1. Use Greenify to hibernate/unhibernate your alarm app. Although I am doubtful that apps with scheduled tasks are hibernated, for a good reason.
2. If hibernating doesn't work, find an app that can freeze/defrost the alarm app by a shortcut or by a locale plugin, which Llama uses.
3. Find an alarm app that you can use on lock screen AND Llama can enable/disable by a shortcut or by a locale plugin.
4. If you can access the notification drawer from the lock screen, use Llama as an alarm and have it run another event at the same time that stop the noise with your confirmation in advanced settings. The event will create a notification you touch to stop the noise.

Wait. Come to think of it, I thought Llama gives you a notification to stop when you run an event that makes noise. If that's the case the only thing you need is a lockscreen app that gives you access to the notification drawer.

shinra00

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
Hey everyone how are you?
Can someone please help me? I´me getting so many errors inside Llama that i think i´m wasting more battery than saving.

I tried to make 1 event to save battery, which is turning wifi on when in work or home area and if not connected to any wifi, it will turn it off after 1 min, repeating this event every 5min. What i have is:

advanced: Repeat event: 5 min

Conditions:
or (match any): Enter Area: home, office
airplane more: disable
wifi disconnected: any.

Actions:
toggle wifi: On
Queue another event:
queue delay: 1min
conditions: wifi network disconnected: any wifi network
Actions: toggle wifi: Off

And the errors (yes multiple errors) that i'm having is:
(Llama-error:Triggers list contain an event "wifi On" that doesn't actually exist ) <- this line appears 10 times repeatedly in the same popup when inside Llama.

Thank you in advance for your time :)

Neurophile

Oct 8, 2014
Visit site
I love Llama, and will post a list of my events soon, but right now I just have a burning question: how to handle dead zones?

I work several jobs, and two of them have large dead zones in their workplaces. I've got different settings for each job, but when I hit a dead zone, Llama thinks I'm no longer at that job. The dead spot registers as a cell tower on Llama, so I can add it to a workplace, but then when I go to another dead zone at the other job (or any other dead zone, for that matter) it thinks I've gone back to the first job.

How would you all handle this?

buggy_droid

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
Hey everyone how are you?
Can someone please help me? I´me getting so many errors inside Llama that i think i´m wasting more battery than saving.

I tried to make 1 event to save battery, which is turning wifi on when in work or home area and if not connected to any wifi, it will turn it off after 1 min, repeating this event every 5min. What i have is:

advanced: Repeat event: 5 min

Conditions:
or (match any): Enter Area: home, office
airplane more: disable
wifi disconnected: any.

Actions:
toggle wifi: On
Queue another event:
queue delay: 1min
conditions: wifi network disconnected: any wifi network
Actions: toggle wifi: Off

And the errors (yes multiple errors) that i'm having is:
(Llama-error:Triggers list contain an event "wifi On" that doesn't actually exist ) <- this line appears 10 times repeatedly in the same popup when inside Llama.

Thank you in advance for your time :)

I've never seen that error. The way it sounds like is that you used to have an event called "wifi on" which you already deleted, but you still have an event that calls a shortcut to the deleted "wifi on" event. I suggest you write to the developer and ask what the error message means.

buggy_droid

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
I love Llama, and will post a list of my events soon, but right now I just have a burning question: how to handle dead zones?

I work several jobs, and two of them have large dead zones in their workplaces. I've got different settings for each job, but when I hit a dead zone, Llama thinks I'm no longer at that job. The dead spot registers as a cell tower on Llama, so I can add it to a workplace, but then when I go to another dead zone at the other job (or any other dead zone, for that matter) it thinks I've gone back to the first job.

How would you all handle this?

What happens if you "ignore cell" your dead spot instead of "add to area"?

kurokirasama

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
I have a bunch of things but here are some that may of interest. The other ones I use are probably not for others....
1) I have a app notification trigger in llama that when I have am in my car (variable set to know I am in my car from other events) my text messages are read to me when I recieve them so that I do not need to use my phone. I am also further customizing that code (work in progress) so that it will ask me if I'd like to respond and wait for me to speak to it and send the text. It is written in python. It is so simple to do these type of things with SL4A. I took 6 lines of code. :)
2) I find that FB eats my battery alive. So I always keep it frozen and unfreeze it when I use it. Now I have two events:
a) llama does a foreground application trigger so that when I unfreeze and launch FB, It sets a queued trigger than when my screen goes off, it refreezes it automatically (with a 10 minute delay)
b) I created another event that does the unfreezing of FB for me via a shell scripts through SL4A and launches it. It unfreezes FB and then sets a variable so my trigger above also knows it was unfrozen. I created a shortcut on my desktop to use to open FB through this event.
3) I installed rsync on my phone and nightly I sync my phone with my network NAS while I sleep (@home wifi, @in night mode, @while charging). No more risk of lost data/pictures/or this work. I love this. I have had SD cards go bad. Llama calls SL4A and runs a shell script I created. Obviously there are a few pre-cursors one needs to do to actually get this to work. you obviously need a network nas and install rsync and do a ssh key exchange between android and the linux based NAS.

These are just some of hte things. There are SO many things SL4A brings to the table. If someone wants more info about any of these, I can post some basics or contents of my shell scripts/python scripts.
Hi,

Could you share your script and give some insights on how to make to read who is calling?

BR,

Corey Kronengold

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
Wondering how best to troubleshoot a simple event trigger that doesn't seem to be working.

I want my wifi on at home, all the time. So I have a straight up rule "Enter Home, WiFi on."
But when I get out of the car (disconnected from bluetooth device), and come home, the wifi doesn't turn on. When I test the trigger, though, it turns on immediately.

So, how can I figure out what the problem is?

Corey Kronengold

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
I'm also unclear as to what the difference is between Running and App and Running a Shortcut.

When I get in the car and connect via bluetooth, I want to load a music playlist in Google Music and launch Google Maps. However, Maps is only listed in the Run App list, and Music Playlists are only in the shortcuts.

At the moment, when I get in the car and connect via bluetooth, it launches Google Music and Maps in running in the background. I'd like it to work the other way, but don't see how.

Thanks much!

kurokirasama

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
Wondering how best to troubleshoot a simple event trigger that doesn't seem to be working.

I want my wifi on at home, all the time. So I have a straight up rule "Enter Home, WiFi on."
But when I get out of the car (disconnected from bluetooth device), and come home, the wifi doesn't turn on. When I test the trigger, though, it turns on immediately.

So, how can I figure out what the problem is?
Post your events to see what's going on.

kurokirasama

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
I'm also unclear as to what the difference is between Running and App and Running a Shortcut.

When I get in the car and connect via bluetooth, I want to load a music playlist in Google Music and launch Google Maps. However, Maps is only listed in the Run App list, and Music Playlists are only in the shortcuts.

At the moment, when I get in the car and connect via bluetooth, it launches Google Music and Maps in running in the background. I'd like it to work the other way, but don't see how.

Thanks much!
Running an app will do exactly that, and therefore it can run any so. On the other hand, a shortcut is only available for some app and they execute some specific action.

Corey Kronengold

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
As you can see at the bottom (its been a while), the wifi didn't turn on, even though I was out of the car and in the house. Also, I've been home this entire time, so I'm not sure why Llama keeps thinking I've left. Guessing I'm not getting the same masts throughout my house. But I add all of them -- maybe thats the problem?

llamascreen.jpg

Post your events to see what's going on.

Last edited:

kurokirasama

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
So what would the rule look like to launch Google Maps when I get in the car?
If I understand correctly what you want to do, when you get in the car, you should turn on gps, turn your screen on, increment the times it stays on and lunch maps (as an app not as a shortcut). You can start your music app by just executing the play action. Make sure to create the event that returns everything to normal when your leave the car.

kurokirasama

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
As you can see at the bottom (its been a while), the wifi didn't turn on, even though I was out of the car and in the house. Also, I've been home this entire time, so I'm not sure why Llama keeps thinking I've left. Guessing I'm not getting the same masts throughout my house. But I add all of them -- maybe thats the problem?

View attachment 140339
I need to see the details of your events. In the meantime, you should know that cell polling is done every five minutes (by default), so when you get at home, Llama might take five minutes to notice.

Corey Kronengold

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
I need to see the details of your events. In the meantime, you should know that cell polling is done every five minutes (by default), so when you get at home, Llama might take five minutes to notice.

Ok, will give the wifi more time and see what happens.

rules.jpg

Should I add as many cell masts as possible? What would help Llama realize that I'm still at home? I have not left my house all afternoon (work from home).

llamascreen.jpg

cells.jpg

Attachments

• events.jpg
    events.jpg
    154.2 KB · Views: 16

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae