Llama - Who's Using It and Any Good Examples?

anupamm

Apr 28, 2015
Visit site
Hi Hypnotoadd--can you possibly help me understand if the problem I am facing is due to inherent feature controlled by Huawei? My handset model is Huawei Honor Holly U19

Olivier D

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
Hi Hypnotoadd--can you possibly help me understand if the problem I am facing is due to inherent feature controlled by Huawei? My handset model is Huawei Honor Holly U19

you can search for another camera app if you don't mind having a different one, one that has a silent shutter setting or try to see if Llama can recognize the new one and apply the event on it.

Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys,

Does anyone know how to set up multiple conditions in the llama app?

I want my phone to turn on auto rotate when I open either one of the following apps: camera, gallery, youtube and clock. When I exit the app, turn off auto rotate.

This is what I have done so far:

- Created a new profile called auto rotate
- Added an OR condition and in that condition added "Active Applications" for camera, gallery, youtube and clock.
- Added an action "Enable auto rotate".

Now, when I open clock and orient it horizontally, it doesnt not turn to landscape mode. When I go to my quick settings, I still see auto-rotate as off.

Can anyone help me?

raino

Q&A Team
Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys,

Does anyone know how to set up multiple conditions in the llama app?

I want my phone to turn on auto rotate when I open either one of the following apps: camera, gallery, youtube and clock. When I exit the app, turn off auto rotate.

This is what I have done so far:

- Created a new profile called auto rotate
- Added an OR condition and in that condition added "Active Applications" for camera, gallery, youtube and clock.
- Added an action "Enable auto rotate".

Now, when I open clock and orient it horizontally, it doesnt not turn to landscape mode. When I go to my quick settings, I still see auto-rotate as off.

Can anyone help me?

Weird. I tried one event with the clock, and it worked. Here's how I set it up:

Conditions
Active app: Clock

Actions
Screen rotation: enable rotation
Queue another event

Queued event condition

When the current app is not Clock

Queued event action

Disable rotation

And this works fine. I have a bunch of rotation events but they're all individual events, i.e. I don't use the OR condition. In fact, I copied one of these events and just changed the active/inactive app to Clock to test and it worked. Galaxy S3.

Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Weird. I tried one event with the clock, and it worked. Here's how I set it up:

Conditions
Active app: Clock

Actions
Screen rotation: enable rotation
Queue another event

Queued event condition

When the current app is not Clock

Queued event action

Disable rotation

And this works fine. I have a bunch of rotation events but they're all individual events, i.e. I don't use the OR condition. In fact, I copied one of these events and just changed the active/inactive app to Clock to test and it worked. Galaxy S3.

How do I do the condition when the current app is not clock?

So I created a new queued event and what do I look for in the condition category for (when current app is not clock)?

raino

Q&A Team
Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
How do I do the condition when the current app is not clock?

So I created a new queued event and what do I look for in the condition category for (when current app is not clock)?

It's the same condition as "active app," but you just change the Status drop-down to "App stopped or in background."

Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
It's the same condition as "active app," but you just change the Status drop-down to "App stopped or in background."

I did EXACTLY what you said and then opened clock and it didnt auto-rotate.

I went back to llama and I see the font color is in red. Then I click "Test Action", I see auto rotate is turned on. I manually turned off auto rotate and when to the clock application and rotated it again and nothing :(

raino

Q&A Team
Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
I did EXACTLY what you said and then opened clock and it didnt auto-rotate.

Check out the two attached screenshots, see if those conditions match exactly with your event. Don't mind the Gallery app; I duplicated this even with the Clock app and it worked just fine. I'm not sure how these files are going to get attached, but 'Rotation off' is the queued event under 'Gallery Rotation.'

I went back to llama and I see the font color is in red. Then I click "Test Action", I see auto rotate is turned on. I manually turned off auto rotate and when to the clock application and rotated it again and nothing :(

Color red indicates that the condition(s) for the event hasn't been met. So in this case, that would have to be opening the Clock, so to actually verify if your event works, you'd have to start the Clock app and see if your screen goes to landscape.

"Test Action" just does that: tests the action of the event (but not the queued event.) So all that tells you is that your action is enforceable. What you should do is do a "Test Action" of the event, then go into your queued event, and do another "Test Action" to see if the rotation got turned off. If so, then we'll know it's not the actions that are not firing.

You may also want to check if you have any other events that may be interfering with either the Clock app, or some sort of a general, non-Clock specific rotation override with some other app. Disable your OR event and see if this one works properly.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-05-17-19-48-52.png
    Screenshot_2015-05-17-19-48-52.png
    78.4 KB · Views: 15
  • Screenshot_2015-05-17-19-48-42.png
    Screenshot_2015-05-17-19-48-42.png
    105.2 KB · Views: 15
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
So I did what you told me and I tested the action. It turns on screen rotation and then when I go to the queued action, it turns it off. But when I go to the actual Gallery app, nothing happens.

One thing to note is that, your first screenshot is a little different from mine, I dont have the Queue minutes and seconds option on that page. Instead I have Enabled and Advanced options. I have to go into Advanced, then turn on Queue delay to get what you have in your screenshot.

raino

Q&A Team
Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
One thing to note is that, your first screenshot is a little different from mine, I dont have the Queue minutes and seconds option on that page. Instead I have Enabled and Advanced options. I have to go into Advanced, then turn on Queue delay to get what you have in your screenshot.

That doesn't sound like a queued event to me, but a non-queued, independent event. Are you sure you have a queued event for turning rotation off? See my second screenshot; the queued event is basically an event nested within an event. So my event is turn on rotation, and queued inside is the rotation off event that fires only if the condition for turning it off (shown in the first screenshot) is met.

The queued event 'sits' in the primary event. So when you select queued event from the list of actions, it will take you to a screen like the first screenshot, where you will set the rotation off condition+action.

Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
You might need to install the latest version from de developers website.

So I did exactly what raino had mentioned (I realized I just explained it completely wrong) and it didnt work. So I took kurokirasama's advice and downloaded the newest update. It asked me to enable Llama in the active apps tab and then it seemed to work. Don't know if it was the permission access or the new download that solved it but it works now! Big thanks to both of you!

kurokirasama

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
So I did exactly what raino had mentioned (I realized I just explained it completely wrong) and it didnt work. So I took kurokirasama's advice and downloaded the newest update. It asked me to enable Llama in the active apps tab and then it seemed to work. Don't know if it was the permission access or the new download that solved it but it works now! Big thanks to both of you!
Glad to hear that 😁

Enviado desde mi GT-I9100 mediante Tapatalk

Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
So now I have another issue (man, I just cant catch a break!)

I have two sound profiles (Night and Normal). Night profile has no sound volume except for alarm and on vibrate. Night also has some Noisy Contacts checked. The Normal profile is all sounds on.

This is my event:
Event name: Sleep Time
Condition: AND (At home and in between 1030pm and 730am)
Action: Set profile to NIGHT, Queue Normal Ringtone

Event Name: Normal Ringtone
Condition: AND (At home and in between 731am and 1029pm)
Action: Set profile for NORMAL.

For some reason this event is causing two problems. \
i. At 1030pm, it changes my profile to NIGHT but I get the Silent notification on the top of my phone..i.e. when someone txts me, it does not vibrate even though in my NIGHT profile I have set to vibrate (all other sound tones are at 0).
ii. If one of my Noisy Contacts call me at midnight, it rings loud but then immediately I see the silent notification on top of my phone.

When I go to Llama, it tells me that the NIGHT profile is activated but I dont get the vibrate symbol on top of my phone. Instead it is the silent symbol and any incoming notifications or calls are hence muted and does not vibrate my phone.

Any reasons to this?

kurokirasama

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
So now I have another issue (man, I just cant catch a break!)

I have two sound profiles (Night and Normal). Night profile has no sound volume except for alarm and on vibrate. Night also has some Noisy Contacts checked. The Normal profile is all sounds on.

This is my event:
Event name: Sleep Time
Condition: AND (At home and in between 1030pm and 730am)
Action: Set profile to NIGHT, Queue Normal Ringtone

Event Name: Normal Ringtone
Condition: AND (At home and in between 731am and 1029pm)
Action: Set profile for NORMAL.

For some reason this event is causing two problems. \
i. At 1030pm, it changes my profile to NIGHT but I get the Silent notification on the top of my phone..i.e. when someone txts me, it does not vibrate even though in my NIGHT profile I have set to vibrate (all other sound tones are at 0).
ii. If one of my Noisy Contacts call me at midnight, it rings loud but then immediately I see the silent notification on top of my phone.

When I go to Llama, it tells me that the NIGHT profile is activated but I dont get the vibrate symbol on top of my phone. Instead it is the silent symbol and any incoming notifications or calls are hence muted and does not vibrate my phone.

Any reasons to this?
What ROM are you using? Some of them link volumes and vibration. Could you post an screenshot of your night profile?

Enviado desde mi GT-I9100 mediante Tapatalk